DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

No one remember this accessories from which episodes came from? :pray:

View attachment 369113

Pretty sure those weapons by bats were in “ Almost Got I’m” when he faced Penguin. I think I saw Joker’s gun face in a couple of episodes

Also how much is there left to do for this franchise. Anybody wonder they will run out of characters to make figures out of. Perhaps it’s time DCC started dipping into the Superman or Justice League characters :dunno

Also how much is there left to do for this franchise. Anybody wonder they will run out of characters to make figures out of. Perhaps it’s time DCC started dipping into the Superman or Justice League characters :dunno
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. There is a huge number of characters that appeared on the show that haven't been done yet. However, I think there is only a small number of viable options left. I don't think there are a lot of characters left that are likely to sell well enough for DCC to produce. BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, and TNBA Penguin I feel are their best options. All three are very recognizable and iconic. I don't think many "civilian" characters are going to appeal to a large enough number of non hardcore BTAS collectors to make DCC greenlight them unless they can market them along with some better known characters in multipacks. Or unless they are able to create some of these characters with a high number of reuse parts. Like they could probably get away with using BTAS Riddler's entire body minus his hands and head to create Clock King for example. I'm really not sure how likely we are to see The Sewer King, Kyodai Ken, or Red Claw especially when DCC knows that they could be putting the time/effort and manpower behind Timm styled figures of characters like Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Flash, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow. I'd like to see BTAS get a lot more figures but again I'm not sure how much further DCC will run with it. If they make the more obscure and less flashy characters and they sell that is great but I admit I certainly have some doubts.

Pretty sure those weapons by bats were in “ Almost Got I’m” when he faced Penguin. I think I saw Joker’s gun face in a couple of episodes

If Timm hadn't changed the designs, we would have had all the main characters and more by now, not that i complaint, i really like NBA, but when it comes to a line like this where you don't know what is going to be released, two designs per characters is kinda risky.

If Timm hadn't changed the designs, we would have had all the main characters and more by now, not that i complaint, i really like NBA, but when it comes to a line like this where you don't know what is going to be released, two designs per characters is kinda risky.
Hmmm interesting point indeed but considering all the BTAS we currently have including Alfred how many MAIN characters as you refer to them do you feel we are missing. In my opinion I only see it as Two Face and Scarecrow. Which means with all things considered they're pretty darn close so I say DCC has done pretty good in 3 years. As long as those two come in 2018 I say great job on BTAS. But I want to hear someone else's opinion on this so please let me know guys.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately. There is a huge number of characters that appeared on the show that haven't been done yet. However, I think there is only a small number of viable options left. I don't think there are a lot of characters left that are likely to sell well enough for DCC to produce. BTAS Two-Face, Scarecrow, and TNBA Penguin I feel are their best options. All three are very recognizable and iconic. I don't think many "civilian" characters are going to appeal to a large enough number of non hardcore BTAS collectors to make DCC greenlight them unless they can market them along with some better known characters in multipacks. Or unless they are able to create some of these characters with a high number of reuse parts. Like they could probably get away with using BTAS Riddler's entire body minus his hands and head to create Clock King for example. I'm really not sure how likely we are to see The Sewer King, Kyodai Ken, or Red Claw especially when DCC knows that they could be putting the time/effort and manpower behind Timm styled figures of characters like Wonder Woman, Lex Luthor, Bizarro, Flash, Green Lantern, and Green Arrow. I'd like to see BTAS get a lot more figures but again I'm not sure how much further DCC will run with it. If they make the more obscure and less flashy characters and they sell that is great but I admit I certainly have some doubts.

What about the one off or non gimmick characters..Rupert Thorne, clock King, Red Claw’s gang, Tigress, man Wolf, Mavis, Vertigo, Uboo, Miranda, The Mayor , the two Freeze girls, the nurse that Bruce grew up with Leslie I think, etc..there really wasn’t a shortage of characters overall in each season of TAS, but were there enough that people would like to see as a figure. That’s the real dilemma that DCC has to face :lecture

Guys, talking about BTAS characters (that I prefer than NBA) , I think there are some levels of importance:

First level : Scarecrow with 2 kind of heads, Two Face and eventually Harvey Dent civilian, Rupert Thorne

Second level : Clock King , Grey Ghost , Red Clow , Doctor Hugo Strange , Maxie Zeus , Roland Daggett , Lucius Fox

Third level : Leslie Tompkins , Barbara Gordon , Jack Napier civilian , Mayor Hill , Vertigo , Rhino , Summer Gleeson Reporter , Matt Hagen

Vehicle : Batcicle and hand glider

Pretty sure those weapons by bats were in “ Almost Got I’m” when he faced Penguin.

Nope, the one from Almost Got I'm is this :gah: vlcsnap-1708-04-23-05h20m53s726.jpg

Guys, talking about BTAS characters (that I prefer than NBA) , I think there are some levels of importance:

First level : Scarecrow with 2 kind of heads, Two Face and eventually Harvey Dent civilian, Rupert Thorne

Second level : Clock King , Grey Ghost , Red Clow , Doctor Hugo Strange , Maxie Zeus , Roland Daggett , Lucius Fox

Third level : Leslie Tompkins , Barbara Gordon , Jack Napier civilian , Mayor Hill , Vertigo , Rhino , Summer Gleeson Reporter , Matt Hagen

Vehicle : Batcicle and hand glider

Good lists there, but a lot of characters I doubt we'd ever get.

For me personally it would be:

Level 1 (MUST have): Scarecrow, Two-Face

Level 2 (Would really, really love): Rupert Thorne, Red Claw, Lock Up, Clock King, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, Grey Ghost, Bruce Wayne, Batcycle.

Level 3 (Would be happy if they made them, wouldn't be upset if they don't): Hardac Batman, Kyodai Ken, Vertigo, Baby Doll, Batboat.

Level 4 (Would buy, but would never be on my wish list): Everyone else (Summer Gleeson, Tygrus & Dr Dorian, Sewer King, Condiment King etc.).

Good lists there, but a lot of characters I doubt we'd ever get.

For me personally it would be:

Level 1 (MUST have): Scarecrow, Two-Face

Level 2 (Would really, really love): Rupert Thorne, Red Claw, Lock Up, Clock King, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, Grey Ghost, Bruce Wayne, Batcycle.

Level 3 (Would be happy if they made them, wouldn't be upset if they don't): Hardac Batman, Kyodai Ken, Vertigo, Baby Doll, Batboat.

Level 4 (Would buy, but would never be on my wish list): Everyone else (Summer Gleeson, Tygrus & Dr Dorian, Sewer King, Condiment King etc.).
I'm pretty much in total agreement here. You're level 1s are pretty much a given unless something like DCC going under happens. It wouldn't surprise me if they have already been sculpted and molds have been made already. I think everyone on your Level 2 has a decent shot at getting made. Hardac Batman as well because A. He's a Batman and B. Because there are probably a lot of reusable parts from the original Batman figure that can go into this version and thus maybe cut some production cost. Personally if he doesn't get made I wouldn't care. I'd rather see Kyodai and Baby Doll. Level 4 is really scraping the bottom of the barrel. I can't see any of them getting made except possibly Condiment King only because he's such a novelty act. Please DCC don't go out of your way on any of those lol.

What about the one off or non gimmick characters..Rupert Thorne, clock King, Red Claw’s gang, Tigress, man Wolf, Mavis, Vertigo, Uboo, Miranda, The Mayor , the two Freeze girls, the nurse that Bruce grew up with Leslie I think, etc..there really wasn’t a shortage of characters overall in each season of TAS, but were there enough that people would like to see as a figure. That’s the real dilemma that DCC has to face :lecture
Not to pee in the punch but...
The problem is that although some people would like to see those figures I'm not sure enough people care whether those characters get made but most importantly I'm not sure how many would actually commit to buying them. Which is what's important to DCC. They have to be able to make a good profit. But I'm sure DCC has done their research and they would know better than me. Based on my experiences though I'm not seeing it.

what is the official date of Batcave's realising?

Not to pee in the punch but...
The problem is that although some people would like to see those figures I'm not sure enough people care whether those characters get made but most importantly I'm not sure how many would actually commit to buying them. Which is what's important to DCC. They have to be able to make a good profit. But I'm sure DCC has done their research and they would know better than me. Based on my experiences though I'm not seeing it.

Which is why we get sets like the GCPD.

I read wish lists earlier in the thread that included Montoya but there were others who said they didn't want her at all. The best way to get a character like her out there is to include her with those who are more popular. So I have no problem envisioning an Arkham-themed set that includes a couple A-listers, a couple B-listers, and Hugo Strange.

There's also the issue of keeping popular figures easily available. Just because a figure has been made doesn't mean it has to be retired. There's nothing more frustrating to a new collector than finding out a character like Robin has become so rare that he's almost unaffordable on the secondary market. Manufacturers need to either keep making those popular characters or find new ways to offer them. That's why I can see a Batman Expressions pack from TNBA happening, or perhaps another five-pack featuring Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and a couple new figures à la "Girl's Night Out" at a lower price.

There are also variants to be made. As was noted, HARDAC Batman is a no-brainer since it would essentially be a head swap. It could also be an opportunity for a new collector to have a standard Batman if DCC included a portrait with white eyes and no battle-damage. A character like Clayface could also be refreshed using new appendages and portraits.

How much life this line has left may simply depend on how much interest DC –*and WB – can create. Shorts like Batman: Strange Days and home videos like Batman and Harley Quinn could draw in new consumers but there has to be cross promotion. DCC needs to advertise the video in its newest releases, maybe even offer product based on it, and WB Home Video needs to include an insert showcasing what DCC has to offer when it comes to product based on Timm's style.

Which is why we get sets like the GCPD.

I read wish lists earlier in the thread that included Montoya but there were others who said they didn't want her at all. The best way to get a character like her out there is to include her with those who are more popular. So I have no problem envisioning an Arkham-themed set that includes a couple A-listers, a couple B-listers, and Hugo Strange.

There's also the issue of keeping popular figures easily available. Just because a figure has been made doesn't mean it has to be retired. There's nothing more frustrating to a new collector than finding out a character like Robin has become so rare that he's almost unaffordable on the secondary market. Manufacturers need to either keep making those popular characters or find new ways to offer them. That's why I can see a Batman Expressions pack from TNBA happening, or perhaps another five-pack featuring Batman, Robin, Batgirl, and a couple new figures à la "Girl's Night Out" at a lower price.

There are also variants to be made. As was noted, HARDAC Batman is a no-brainer since it would essentially be a head swap. It could also be an opportunity for a new collector to have a standard Batman if DCC included a portrait with white eyes and no battle-damage. A character like Clayface could also be refreshed using new appendages and portraits.

How much life this line has left may simply depend on how much interest DC –*and WB – can create. Shorts like Batman: Strange Days and home videos like Batman and Harley Quinn could draw in new consumers but there has to be cross promotion. DCC needs to advertise the video in its newest releases, maybe even offer product based on it, and WB Home Video needs to include an insert showcasing what DCC has to offer when it comes to product based on Timm's style.

Yeah I agree. Unfortunately I see the problem being that really we only have 2 A-Listers left and obviously a ton of B and C listers with which need to be paired with them. Honestly I would have purchased everyone in The GCPD pack individually. The funny thing is that 3 out of the 5 were A-listers. Croc was arguably A or B and Montoya a C. Seems like they blew the wad there. I'm surprised they didn't save some of them to be paired later on with the other lesser-knowns. So the scary thing is that they'll likely pair Bs and Cs with characters like the Joker, Batman, or Harley. So we're going to have to likely rebuy characters we already own. But it's an option. Better than nothing I suppose. Maybe they can get away with packs consisting of a main villain and a group of his thugs. A pack with shirtless Batman and Ra's with sword accessories. Harley and Ivy in oversized nightshirts from the episode of the same name. I really thought they blew an opportunity by not cross promoting the Batman Harley Quinn DVD with some figures.

By the way did anyone here actually watch that movie? What did you guys think of it? I enjoyed it for what it was. Wasn't great but certainly wasn't awful by any stretch in my opinion.

We may not only be looking at 5-packs going forward. The Expressions packs are obviously a way to offer A-listers at a higher retail. In the Icons line, 2-packs at the $50 MSRP seem to be acceptable. Another Mask of the Phantasm set with a Retro Batman and a Jetpack Joker might be a good way to get an Andrea Beaumont to collectors.

It's also possible that we could get smaller vehicles paired with popular characters and new accessories. Any Bat-family character sporting a helmet with a motorcycle would be fine in my book, especially if it gets us Batwoman. I'd have to review the series but there might be other vehicles for B-listers that could tempt retailers.

And look at how we're getting Alfred. Try to imagine another playset – Arkham Asylum, perhaps,*that comes with Hugo Strange by himself.

But to answer your question, no, I've yet to see Batman and Harley Quinn. My birthday's in a couple days so I may treat myself. ;)

Hey guys!

Love the lists! Hope we get some of those characters. I think Scarecrow and Two Face will get a single figure release (as their TNBA counterparts did.)

On a side, but related, note: has anyone contacted DC Collectibles to ask if they will be following up on the Q&A suggestion of showing future figures on the BTAS Anniversary? Missing that date was a big faux pas, after teasing it and giving us nothing major at SDCC.

Just wondering. I haven't written either, as they never responded to my previous e-mail pitching some ideas. (Not that they have to.)

Still holding out hope for that Rhino figure!

But seriously, if we get Grey Ghost, Two Face, and Scarecrow, I will be content if the line ends afterwards.

Red Claw and Clock King would be my two hope fors.

Loved the scene in Batman & Harley Quinn in the sidekick bar. So many cameos and Easter Eggs!

Probably never gonna happen given that she's never even mentioned here but if they get far enough I'd love to see Candice.
98e7f0194ff6bd02af669e2767aab109.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back