DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hmmm...
Speaking of secret identities, SFA...
Are you sure you're not secretly Bruce Timm?
There's not another one of these pictures that's half SFA half Bruce Timm somewhere? You would tell us right? ;)

Hmmm...
Speaking of secret identities, SFA...
Are you sure you're not secretly Bruce Timm?
There's not another one of these pictures that's half SFA half Bruce Timm somewhere? You would tell us right? ;)

What can I say, other than.....
IMG_5347.jpg
;)

No problem. Not to steal you thunder or anything, but artist to artist I thought you'd like to check out some of my stuff....

https://veil1.deviantart.com/

Wow you've got some seriously impressive artwork! :clap :clap Those BTAS Clayface and Freeze character sheets are stunning!

Hey S.Griffin,

I would like to ask two things: 1) If they do plan on correcting the hat from the Joker's Expressions Pack. I don't know if you guys feel the same, but the brim seems too short to me.

Also, if they are not shown, could you ask if they plan on releasing more Batman Beyond and Legends of the Dark Knight Episode characters (the classic Joker, Batman and Robin, to be specific.)

Thanks in advance.

Really looking forward to Supes, Lois, Batgirl and the Rogues pack!!!

I support everything League of Shadows has asked, wholeheartedly, and the only thing I could think to add is "where the hell's The Gray Ghost?"

Regarding the box for the GCPD 5-pack: I personally don't feel like it's going to stand out very well in stores. It's a cool design and everything, but I don't think it's doing itself any favours in terms of looking great on a shelf in order to sell itself. The colours aren't that vibrant, and the figures are very much obscured. If these 5 figures were in the usual BTAS style multipack packaging, they'd stand out more and be much more visually appealing I think.

I agree, the regular multipack like the one used for the girl's night out was a better option. Also they need to have a more coherent, episodic and thematic decision when choosing which figures need to be in multi packs. Still, I'm going to buy it, so u win, DCC ;)

I loved the GCPD 5 pack. from the very begining. It will be awesome to display it with the batsignal, Gordon and Bullock on the prison´s terrace. I know many of of you got your valid reasons to not like at all but this is the first time we have something like this (cannot mention the Rogues Gallery 8 pack for the 90s because it was ugly repainted versions of the villiains and this time is all new.

The set is made of cardboard so we will have to take great care of it and it wont be very difficult cause we are all adults right now.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the set. It's a great character selection and the figures look great. I even quite like the finished design of the box too, though I doubt I'll ever use it for display.

My main point is that it just looks quite dull and you can't really see the figures that well inside of it. Considering that the future of the line (and any figure line of course) hinges on sales, you'd think they'd have gone for something that stands out a little more on the shelf. The regular design they used (for multipacks like the Girls Night Out set) would have been more than ok.

Don't get me wrong, I really love the set. It's a great character selection and the figures look great. I even quite like the finished design of the box too, though I doubt I'll ever use it for display.

My main point is that it just looks quite dull and you can't really see the figures that well inside of it. Considering that the future of the line (and any figure line of course) hinges on sales, you'd think they'd have gone for something that stands out a little more on the shelf. The regular design they used (for multipacks like the Girls Night Out set) would have been more than ok.

Of course you cannot see the figures very well, It is a prison. If you see them well, it´s because they have escaped!:wink1:

I see where you're coming from, sfa. I agree, it might be counterproductive if they were to sit on the shelves of major stores and outlets, but I think DCC's business model resides on Comic Book and Novelty Store purchases, and let's face it: fans, we take any presentation. It's more character selection that can create peg warming products rather than design in this case (pun intended).

BTW, huge fan of your work. It's amazing. You should design diorama's or city backgrounds for collectors to purchase, as well as authographed posters. You are as good as Bruce Timm himself!

So after years of collecting these action figures, I was finally able to take them out of their boxes this last weekend. I started with the very first batman from TNBA that was released...... and I just now realized just how crappy that stupid stand is. I mean, I've been hearing and reading people complain about it for the past 3 years, but I figured it would be ok if I just wanted the characters to stand..... but omg are they useless... and some of them don't even make sense. Why does penguin and clay face have one? The clasp doesn't even fit them!

Man bat is my fav action figure... but the clasp doesn't work with him, so I'll have to think of some way to display him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So after years of collecting these action figures, I was finally able to take them out of their boxes this last weekend. I started with the very first batman from TNBA that was released...... and I just now realized just how crappy that stupid stand is. I mean, I've been hearing and reading people complain about it for the past 3 years, but I figured it would be ok if I just wanted the characters to stand..... but omg are they useless... and some of them don't even make sense. Why does penguin and clay face have one? The clasp doesn't even fit them!

Man bat is my fav action figure... but the clasp doesn't work with him, so I'll have to think of some way to display him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, clasp are useless!!! I don't find any good use for them. They should have make stands like the ones gijoe or star wars have. New ones look better.

Regarding the box for the GCPD 5-pack: I personally don't feel like it's going to stand out very well in stores. It's a cool design and everything, but I don't think it's doing itself any favours in terms of looking great on a shelf in order to sell itself. The colours aren't that vibrant, and the figures are very much obscured. If these 5 figures were in the usual BTAS style multipack packaging, they'd stand out more and be much more visually appealing I think.

It stands to reason that this 5-pack will stand out because it's less vibrant. Walking down a toy aisle with so many garishly colored trade dresses competing for attention is what I call cornea gumbo. It reminds me of once coming home from the pound with the only puppy that wasn't barking.

Yes, clasp are useless!!! I don't find any good use for them. They should have make stands like the ones gijoe or star wars have.

Obviously they were concerned with the tiny ankles with hinges that grow loose with use and top-heavy character designs. So was I when I saw the first pictures from Wave 1. I'm glad they used the stands they did but I'm even happier they've gotten better.

That's when I wished DCC had not based their figures in the turnaround illustrations. Look what Keener did, they change the size of the feet, they still look cool and they can stand up better than DCC's. I hope the new clamps can be released in packs so we can use them for the other figures.

I don't recall having problems with Hasbro's figures standing up but they were also much lighter and had more limited articulation than what DCC's offering. These stands allow figures to be displayed in more dynamic poses instead of simply "waiting for a bus."

I distinctly remember having big problems getting Mattel's JLU figures to stay up. Those things wilted under any weather condition, even in the winter. I knew when spring was coming because my JLU would start dropping like leaves in the autumn.

Did anyone pick up the Superman two pack at their LCS yet? How do they look in person

Back