DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That reminds me that it would be cool to get one of the 48 BTAS Batman figures they keep rereleasing to have a removable belt/ or just one without the belt and a loose belt for poses like that.

Yeah, it's actually pretty weird there hasn't been a loose utility belt made considering how often it gets stolen in the cartoon.

Hope Bane will have the iron piece like the kenner figure

Since this image was posted before NYTF, I'm sure we'll get the snow globe accessory as they wouldn't have shown it there otherwise. I didn't realise posting this pic on Instagram would cause so much uproar over the missing accessory :lol

I thought it odd that they'd show a prop like that at Toy Fair only to not include it in the product. Then again, they did the same with the backdrop for the Batcave. Given the timeline, however, I tend to agree with you. Optimism!

What Batman's movie do you prefer? I believe that Batman by Tim Burton it is so gothic and close to DC cartoon. Only fault is the Keaton's height :(

Batman height.JPG

They all have their pros and cons but I think Kevin Conroy was pretty spot on. ;)

I've read BTAS Batman would be 189 cm so he is close to original size too

I believe the alternative head for Montoya was mentioned several times in interviews with Kev and Jim, and Croc didn't have any accessories at Toy Fair, and honestly, what would he come with, a rock? But if they had to lose an accessory it really should have been Montoya's shotgun, since Bullock already has one.

Croc could come with Baby Doll.

I just heard there was supposed to be a Justice League 7-pack for the Animated line at Toy Fair back in February. Obviously it didn't show but I was wondering if that would signal episode-specific multipacks later in the line, assuming we ever get that far.

The first episode of JLU, "Initiation," featured Supergirl, Green Arrow, Captain Atom, and Green Lantern. I can see DCC using a standard buck for a character like Captain Atom and leveraging the Supergirl from "Girl's Night Out" and a modified GL from the JL 7-pack to help boost their product margin.

What I'd really miss from the multipacks are the accessories, especially Ollie's arrows. Any time they offer the same character, they should make it a variant, maybe with a new portrait (John with his VanDyke) or alternate hands (I'm looking at you, Supergirl). If the GCPD set performs well, maybe we'll get a satisfying amount of pack-ins.

I just heard there was supposed to be a Justice League 7-pack for the Animated line at Toy Fair back in February. Obviously it didn't show but I was wondering if that would signal episode-specific multipacks later in the line, assuming we ever get that far.

The first episode of JLU, "Initiation," featured Supergirl, Green Arrow, Captain Atom, and Green Lantern. I can see DCC using a standard buck for a character like Captain Atom and leveraging the Supergirl from "Girl's Night Out" and a modified GL from the JL 7-pack to help boost their product margin.

What I'd really miss from the multipacks are the accessories, especially Ollie's arrows. Any time they offer the same character, they should make it a variant, maybe with a new portrait (John with his VanDyke) or alternate hands (I'm looking at you, Supergirl). If the GCPD set performs well, maybe we'll get a satisfying amount of pack-ins.

Ohhh Justice League... I love that show. But.... It's gonna be so expensive and by the time we get to the line the SRP will go up to $100 per figure.. I'd rather we stick to the main characters that we didn't get before. But def packs for the whole justice league. But Batman would have to look different and close to his redesign and old-man Supes.

I want the regular line up. The Justice Lords. Battle damage/unmasked Justice League. And alter-ego justice league from Starcrossed!

but I don't want to see characters like Supergirl or joker.... But I really want Doctor Fate haha.

Anybody know if they have plans on making the original series Two-Face?

Not from what I've heard, but I could see him happening since the GCPD set was solely focused on the original series villains' designs.

It required some modification to the neck. I needed to shorten it and then soften and pinch the plastic so the BTAS Harley head could fit on. The TNBA body/neck is much thicker than the BTAS version.
All right, thanks. That sounds very doable then. :)

MisterPL- does that mean that a JL 7pk is still coming out or that it was scrapped? I was wondering what their January 2018 release was going to be and that could be it. This is yet another hint that Kevin kind of dropped on that podcast interview a few months ago that just may turn out to be true.

One more thing- I found this NYTF interview where Jim Fletcher says that BTAS Batgirl will be the last single carded figure of the year. (not last period, so that's good to hear) Also, Jim mentions that he would, personally, love to see Batman's, Robin's and Nightwing's bikes come out. Since he's the reason that Etrigan was made so early on, I would say that we can almost expect those for sure now.
https://youtu.be/lxkWwtGEuuE

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I sure hope so. After the GCPD set, I feel like Two-Face and Scarecrow are the only glaring omissions from TAS.

Said it before and Im gonna repeat: that stand is very awesome, Im super glad to DCC to add it instead of the same one

Yes, you can use it for so many different characters too. Firefly, Batman Beyond, Man Bat, or anyone in an action pose. I want more of that stand.

MisterPL- does that mean that a JL 7pk is still coming out or that it was scrapped? I was wondering what their January 2018 release was going to be and that could be it. This is yet another hint that Kevin kind of dropped on that podcast interview a few months ago that just may turn out to be true.

I have ZERO direct knowledge but I see no reason why a JL 7-pack wouldn't happen. It certainly fits into DCC's current strategy of higher-priced, introductory multi-packs. They did it for Icons Rebirth JL and they're already soliciting a couple figures from that set. Maybe we'll see something at SDCC or sooner.

Back