DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

actually the only change is the head, so they'd need to do only one BTAS Scarecrow and add an additional head with the other mask.

For me, I feel like the main selling point of that release would be the unmasked Crane sculpt. I think it would be a kind of cool way to differentiate the two, and it would satisfy the completists, but, considering the fact that they seem to be bringing this line to a close, it's a moot point, as we'll probably be lucky to get just the other version.

I know people don't give a **** about TNBA, but I'm going to be pissed if they don't do the Di¢k Sprang Batman, Robin, and Joker from Legends of the Dark knight, if they can do the TDKR versions.

They can give the Main-Design Scarecrow an unmasked head too, if such head is a must. He appeared like that on "Lock-Up".

But yes, I think the only way for people who want that first design to have it would be in a 2-pack with Main-Design Scarecrow.
I would probably donate or sell the first-design, cause I really don't like it, honestly. I find it goofy and wonky.

actually the only change is the head, so they'd need to do only one BTAS Scarecrow and add an additional head with the other mask.

Actually, you're wrong.

His whole body shape, clothing and color changed:

ScarecrowTAS.jpg

One body for the two heads would NEVER work.

I think they should just make Scarecrow a deluxe two-pack, since he had two different designs in TAS. Give him the first Nothing to Fear design with an alternate Crane head and his later appearance with the straw hair as the second figure.

If they only changed the head, it should be a normal single pack release with an extra head. Or there were more changes beside his head?

Actually, you're wrong.

His whole body shape, clothing and color changed:

View attachment 326082

One body for the two heads would NEVER work.

I'm not sure that's an official drawing (on the left). Even if it is, he's not really all bent like that in "Nothing to Fear." I won't deny that there's differences below the mask (mostly just the belt and ties around the wrists), but they're subtle enough that DCC could probably fudge it and nine out of ten collectors wouldn't notice or care.
Scarecrow2521_zpscuibljhk.png

scarecrow-2_zpsxzoc1lxo.jpg

Last edited:

I'm not sure that's an official drawing (on the left). Even if it is, he's not really all bent like that in "Nothing to Fear." I won't deny that there's differences below the mask (mostly just the belt and ties around the wrists), but they're subtle enough that DCC could probably fudge it and nine out of ten collectors wouldn't notice or care.

Not just the belt and ties, as you said, but also bulkiness: look at the size of Main-Design's shoulders, much larger. Also, the shape of the collar (let's call it that, or "rest of the mask") changed too. Also, the shape of the rest of his shirt (bellow the belt) is different too.
The color of the shoes, gloves and mask changed too.

To me, very noticeble changes.
But, since I don't give a sh** about that first design and as long as the body of Main-Design is the one that prevails for a single-carded figure, I'm OK with a second headsculpt in the style of the first-design, as I'd never use it.

I just wonder how those who want and like that first design would feel about the figure being "off model". :wink1:

For me, I feel like the main selling point of that release would be the unmasked Crane sculpt. I think it would be a kind of cool way to differentiate the two, and it would satisfy the completists, but, considering the fact that they seem to be bringing this line to a close, it's a moot point, as we'll probably be lucky to get just the other version.

I know people don't give a **** about TNBA, but I'm going to be pissed if they don't do the Di¢k Sprang Batman, Robin, and Joker from Legends of the Dark knight, if they can do the TDKR versions.
The only reason I ordered the LotDK set was to go with the Sprang ones...

Not just the belt and ties, as you said, but also bulkiness: look at the size of Main-Design's shoulders, much larger. Also, the shape of the collar (let's call it that, or "rest of the mask") changed too. Also, the shape of the rest of his shirt (bellow the belt) is different too.
The color of the shoes, gloves and mask changed too.

To me, very noticeble changes.
But, since I don't give a sh** about that first-design and as long as the body of Main-Design is the one that prevails for a single-carded figure, I'm OK with a second headsculpt in the style of the first-design, as I'd never use it.

I just wonder how the ones that want and like that first design would feel about the figure being "off model". :wink1:

The things that you're nitpicky about and the stuff that you're not confounds me a little bit sometimes, dude. :huh

I only want the 2nd version of Scarecrow with the hair. The other looks retarded. Looking like a full condom tip wearing a hat lol

Do you think there's enough demand or need for a figure of that one-episode-only design?

What about Anti-Fire Batman??? xDDDD
Is way more useless than whatever Scarecrow version imo :D

Hi guys...
What is this?!?
Pretty sure is a custom, that Batman came with two capes. The guy just swapped the head with a Bruce Wayne one and putted the Batsy TNBA head over the cape. A bit of paint on the face and you have a batman cowl :D pretty smart :)

What about Anti-Fire Batman??? xDDDD
Is way more useless than whatever Scarecrow version imo :D

Pretty sure is a custom, that Batman came with two capes. The guy just swapped the head with a Bruce Wayne one and putted the Batsy TNBA head over the cape. A bit of paint on the face and you have a batman cowl :D pretty smart :)

Uhmmm....its a great idea for DC : Hi5:

Looks like the head from the Marvel Legends Thunderbolts Punisher

Does anyone know if this bat cave will come out with back ground ?

Heard that the bat cycle will leave

Does anyone know if this bat cave will come out with back ground ?

We still haven't got a true official answer. One source from D.C. Collectibles says yes, the other says no.

Heard that the bat cycle will leave

Can you try asking this question or making this statement in another way. I'm not sure I understand. Something was lost in translation. Do you mean you heard that the Batcycle will come out? If so, I haven't heard anything official on that either.

Depending on which video you watch, Kiniry either says you'll have to make your own backdrop or that they're still trying to figure out a way to include it.

Optimism!

Back