DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

When it comes to that 5-pack, all I can say is they'd better up their game for that price, because that "prototype" packaging looks chintzy as ****, and that **** better be collector friendly as hell, if they're touting it as a featured item. I think the price is ****ing ridiculous, but, as someone who gets most of these figures at a discount, it doesn't affect me quite as much as it might some others. I'm with people on multi-packs being lame, though, and I still think they should've included Cardigan and Helmet Alfred with the Batwing as an alternative to the Batcave set.

I agree with that, even though I'm excited about having all 5 characters, Montoya especially. I wasn't expecting her.

Touting the cardboard packaging as a feature IS ridiculous. If you're having us pay more for the packaging, then go all out! Otherwise, just toss them in a bag and charge me less :lol

Yeah, I hope it works out for them.

As for the Joker expressions pack, remember, that hasn't gone up for order yet. I think they said at Toy Fair that it wouldn't be out until March 2018 or something crazy like that. It could easily go the way of DCC's DC film universe line which was dead after just two figures.

The difference being this line already has a following with no other competition. The Film line failed before it started, an overpriced, late-to-the-game, third-trimester abortion in the wake of a sea of other, very similar product. The Animated line had its hiccup and DCC bent over backwards to correct the issues. They've earned quite a bit of praise and good will with their customer service.

As for the rest, hindsight is 20/20 but I can't help thinking someone who's never been an adult collector is suddenly in charge of making these strange decisions.

The "controversial" five pack is a good idea I believe, if you are a hardcore Batman Animated fan
you would love the five characters (all new) and the prison with lights as well. Who wouldn´t want a prison
to play or to showcase
?

I love Batman Animated series, I love this line and I wish it continues because there are still so
many possibilities there. If they cannot make single packs then made multi packs but with all new figures

1) Pretty Poison Two Pack featuring Pamela Isley and Harvey Dent

2) Grayson and Tony Zucco

3) Appointment in Crime Alley 3 pack featuring Bruce Wayne, Roland Dagget and Leslie Tompkins

4) Hardac Batman and Hamilton Hill

5) Two Face 2 pack featuring Two Face and Rupert Thorne

6) Arkham diorama with Maxie Zeus, Scarecrow, Lock up, Clock King and Hugo Strange

7) Selina Kyle and Red Claw

8) Gray Ghost and Mad Bomber

9) Batboat (two seater please)

11) Batcycle

Me. If I wanted a station/jail/asylum to display, it definitely wouldn't be that cheap piece of crap lol. Someone on here (a year or 2 ago) posted some pics of a prison they made for these figures and it was amazing! Something like the batcave is awesome, but for the asylum/jail I'd prefer a handmade dio rather than a set from a company. Hopefully this is the first and only time they go with that box gimmick. I'm still hoping they end up scrapping the box period and release all 5 of them individually. Wonder how pre-orders for it are going..

Would buy that Pretty Poison and Selina/Redclaw pack in a heartbeat

The difference being this line already has a following with no other competition. The Film line failed before it started, an overpriced, late-to-the-game, third-trimester abortion in the wake of a sea of other, very similar product. The Animated line had its hiccup and DCC bent over backwards to correct the issues. They've earned quite a bit of praise and good will with their customer service.

As for the rest, hindsight is 20/20 but I can't help thinking someone who's never been an adult collector is suddenly in charge of making these strange decisions.

:lol:lol:rotfl

I would add a two seater Jokermobile (the one from Joker´s Wild or the one from Harley and Ivy).

The "controversial" five pack is a good idea I believe, if you are a hardcore Batman Animated fan
you would love the five characters (all new) and the prison with lights as well. Who wouldn´t want a prison
to play or to showcase?

Me. If I wanted a station/jail/asylum to display, it definitely wouldn't be that cheap piece of crap lol.

I agree. That box is going right in the trash.

I'd much rather they do these figures as singles, and, should they desire to later on, make an Arkham Asylum set with Freeze, Harley, Ivy, and a few other inmates in their gray Arkham Asylum jumpsuits. Maybe throw the Joker in there with his straight jacket, and, preferably, an actual Asylum cell block diorama, as opposed to a glorified cardboard box.

Lock-Up and Scarecrow 2 pack

Gray Ghost and Retro Batman 2 pack

Two-Face and Rupert Thorne 2 pack

Batman w/ sword, torn half cape and HARDAC Batman 2 pack

Batcycles with helmeted Batman and helmeted Robin only

Kyodai Ken and unmasked Batman/Bruce

Evil Denizens of Gotham 5 pack (Clock King, Red Claw, Baby Doll, Rupert Thorne, Doctor Hugo Strange)

Pull the plug on BTAS and call it a day.

Last edited:

Don't they have an Andrea Beaumont head sculpted and sitting on hold?

Yup, and a glider Batman that nobody has seen.

I'm sure they have a lot of figures already sculpted that will never see a release or the light of day. Every line has em'.

Leave retro Batman the **** alone. If we got a retro Batman, then I would want this:

latest

...and since that will never happen, I would be perpetually sad.:lol

IMG_6819.jpgI can't remember if conversation in here drifted towards the future Mondo figures at all, but Brock Otter just posted this pic to his Instagram. I know a lot of us in here had wanted a Hardac from the DC line.

Leave retro Batman the **** alone. If we got a retro Batman, then I would want this:

latest

...and since that will never happen, I would be perpetually sad.:lol

What about Jack Napier bro . . .

Oh, ****! I still think they should do the unmasked Phantasm with Joker and his jetpack/missing tooth.

I know most of you don´t like TNBA figs :( Still, I will show some love for them, so:

Clayface and Annie two pack

Montoya, Bullock and Gordon 3 pack (from over the edge episode)

Mad Hatter and Peaches two pack... well, I really don´t need peaches but i DO need Mad Hatter fig ASAP! (Mad Hatter and Miranda, perhaps?)

Penguin and The Judge (Judgment Day)

Calendar Girl.

Vehicles: Batmobile, Nightwing´s motorbike

Wow. There are some real rays of sunshine on this thread.

Yeah. Good read at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been relentlessly bugging them not to end the line without Clock King - that's my strategy - they'll make him so i will shut up haha

I'd love to see Clock King also .

I know most of you don´t like TNBA figs :( Still, I will show some love for them, so:

I love 'em too. Best sculpts that come out of the line. Look at Batman, Bane, Robin, etc. I can't really think of any issues or critiques on any. Two Face was probably the most off.

Back