DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I love that prison 5 pack, I don´t care it´s a cardboard. I need a batboat too.

They were foolish not to make figures from their previous films like 1989 Batman and Reeves Superman. The current films are being made by so many companies that the market just wasn't there.

That is quite the wait on the expression Joker. My wallet thanks you DCC though.

Wow! 6" Figures based on the 89/92 Batman films!! That will be fantastic!

Not a huge B:TAS action figure fan, but that Joker expressions figure is well worth having. I will be getting that guy.

Joker Expressions set:
Interesting idea to have one body "change" clothes. It'll please both the people who already own the Joker and those who don't. Smart idea. Sold.

I didn't exactly understand this, and I don't want to have to watch the whole video again lol. So it's going to come with the trenchcoat Joker and an extra set of purple arms and a Purple coat? I don't understand why I would want to change his outfit to the same thing he's wearing on the other 2 figures? :cuckoo:

So.Confused.
:gah:

Just overheard Kevin Kiniry state in a video at Toy fair that the Joker expressions pack will include the grey overcoat where the pack will feature 2x removable arms to correspond with either the purple suit or grey coat and interchangeable head with hat...so awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just overheard Kevin Kiniry state in a video at Toy fair that the Joker expressions pack will include the grey overcoat where the pack will feature 2x removable arms to correspond with either the purple suit or grey coat and interchangeable head with hat...so awesome!!

Ah phantasm you beat me to it lol [emoji23]

I didn't exactly understand this, and I don't want to have to watch the whole video again lol. So it's going to come with the trenchcoat Joker and an extra set of purple arms and a Purple coat? I don't understand why I would want to change his outfit to the same thing he's wearing on the other 2 figures? :cuckoo:

So.Confused.
:gah:

That's exactly what it's going to be :rotfl

It'll not be a dupe figure at the end of the day, though. :dunno

Just storage the purple arms and coat and we are all set. :lecture

I see no problem?

It's a waaaay better Expressions Pack than Bats' one, to be honest.

Yeah I am sold on the Joker set now with how they are doing the coat.

That's exactly what it's going to be :rotfl

It'll not be a dupe figure at the end of the day, though. :dunno

Just storage the purple arms and coat and we are all set. :lecture

I see no problem?

It's a waaaay better Expressions Pack than Bats' one, to be honest.

Yea, it's not a dupe that way, I'm just not sure what the point is lol. I guess to entice those who don't have the single card or Mad Love Joker, so they can get an all in one with the set. I ain't mad at that! I'm glad we get the trenchcoat version and not another dupe! The extra arms and coat are cool for anyone who doesn't have the original, and I doubt a couple arms would effect price much. I'm definitely on board now that I know it's not a straight up repack again

Hey Everyone,

I just watched Pixel-Dan's youtube walkthrough video and Jim Fletcher mentions that Poison Ivy is going to get her hair redone!

He said it's still being worked on so that is a huge win for us.

Hey Everyone,

I just watched Pixel-Dan's youtube walkthrough video and Jim Fletcher mentions that Poison Ivy is going to get her hair redone!

He said it's still being worked on so that is a huge win for us.

OH MY *****ING GOD!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, guys!! It's here: https://youtu.be/Nre-CnCUrr0?t=13m47s

"This is not the final hair, it'll change a little bit. It'll be a little more open. It's not her final 'do. Still working on that."

giphy.gif

2301e56b732f41685ce0cf111e4e8b21.gif

IsZF8pX.gif

ALL THE GLORY GOES TO GOD!!!!

It seem so like they're starting to come to a close with TAS, and, for the most part, I'm okay with it, but I really, really, really want The Gray Ghost, and, for completion's sake, I'd like to see The Scarecrow and Two-Face. I could also do with the Batcycle.

Also, I had an idea for an awesome comic-con exclusive, albeit one that would probably piss a lot of people off (myself included), unless, of course, they also had it for sale outside the con. A two-pack of Bruce Wayne in his brown suit with his Gray Ghost video tapes and Trent as The Gray Ghost signing stuff. So, in a meta sort of way, you could have Batman at Comic-Con for Comic-Con.:lol

OH MY *****ING GOD!!!!!!!!!!

It's true, guys!! It's here: https://youtu.be/Nre-CnCUrr0?t=13m47s

"This is not the final hair, it'll change a little bit. It'll be a little more open. It's not her final 'do. Still working on that."

giphy.gif

2301e56b732f41685ce0cf111e4e8b21.gif

IsZF8pX.gif

ALL THE GLORY GOES TO GOD!!!!

Just have to fix her sharp ass chin and the color of her tights and we're there.
Adrien%20Brody%20so%20what_zps1izjxhbf.gif

Last edited:

It seem so like they're starting to come to a close with TAS, and, for the most part, I'm okay with it, but I really, really, really want The Gray Ghost, and, for completion's sake, I'd like to see The Scarecrow and Two-Face. I could also do with the Batcycle.

Also, I had an idea for an awesome comic-con exclusive, albeit one that would probably piss a lot of people off (myself included), unless, of course, they also had it for sale outside the con. A two-pack of Bruce Wayne in his brown suit with his Gray Ghost video tapes and Trent as The Gray Ghost signing stuff. So, in a meta sort of way, you could have Batman at Comic-Con for Comic-Con.:lol

I'm not an autograph kinda person but even just a Grey Ghost would be amazing to get signed by both Conroy and West

Just have to fix her sharp ass chin and the color of her tights and we're there.
Adrien%20Brody%20so%20what_zps1izjxhbf.gif

I've always been more confident about them fixing the colors than fixing the hair.

They reworked Talia and Gordon's colors, Riddler's collar etc - all for the best. So that's always made me confident about them fixing at least her colors.
But a sculpt problem? That seemed unlikely - until now.

And the way Kevin replied my e-mail about Ivy gave me hope, too: "thanks for the reference shots and to your point that is just the prototype, so some changes may still be coming".

I'm really, really positive now. They'll fix everything that's wrong with her.

Gray Ghost would definitely be the grail piece of this line for me. It's such a great episode. Would love it if they found a way to include the Gray Ghost poster with the figure. Not one in scale with the figure, although that would be cool as well, but one you can actually hang on your wall. Now that I think about it, would be awesome if it came with the Gray Ghost collectibles Bruce had from his childhood that he kept in the batcave. Could maybe go along with the new batcave set that's coming with Alfred.

btgg24.jpg

Gray Ghost would definitely be the grail piece of this line for me. It's such a great episode. Would love it if they found a way to include the Gray Ghost poster with the figure. Not one in scale with the figure, although that would be cool as well, but one you can actually hang on your wall. Now that I think about it, would be awesome if it came with the Gray Ghost collectibles Bruce had from his childhood that he kept in the batcave. Could maybe go along with the new batcave set that's coming with Alfred.

View attachment 325348

Yes! That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the Batcave; Bruce's vault of "Collectibles."

Anyone bothered with the fact that Jim Fletcher said it won't be any cartboard background with the batcave ?? (the you have to make your own part) I thought the other DC Collectibles guy said they were working on it...

Uhmm.. That treanch coat Joker news is a bit disappointing for me. :/ I would prefer a solid figure. Interchange an arm with articulations is not like to interchange a small part like an hand or a head... Often big parts like arms get quickly loose and since DCC figures are not famous for the quality I'm a bit worried about the thing.. :( Whatever, I have the single release and Mad Love Joker to use with heads :D Glad to hear about Ivy because the proto at ToyFair is exactly like the previous proto image.. I see no change at all xDD It's good they can work more on it. And my God.. I wish I could kick the person who pose the figures in the face!!! Really, prototype loose a loooot of appeal in those stupid goofy poses!! Damn you whoever you are!! xDDDD

I think the 3 figures you mention are definitely coming. When? I'm not positive but I'd say within the next 18 months for all 3. The Batcycle might be less likely but that's not really saying much. If those figures have a 100% chance of release then the Batcycle has about a 90% chance of getting done in my opinion. It would make a nice complimentary piece to the Batcave computer.

Uhmm.. That treanch coat Joker news is a bit disappointing for me. :/ I would prefer a solid figure. Interchange an arm with articulations is not like to interchange a small part like an hand or a head... Often big parts like arms get quickly loose and since DCC figures are not famous for the quality I'm a bit worried about the thing.. :( Whatever, I have the single release and Mad Love Joker to use with heads :D Glad to hear about Ivy because the proto at ToyFair is exactly like the previous proto image.. I see no change at all xDD It's good they can work more on it. And my God.. I wish I could kick the person who pose the figures in the face!!! Really, prototype loose a loooot of appeal in those stupid goofy poses!! Damn you whoever you are!! xDDDD

You bring up some good points about loose joints. The Joker Expressions Pack isn't quite what I pictured but it's mighty close. I wasn't exactly expecting the arm swap deal. Once I get a MSRP on it I can determine whether I'll be buying it or not. Also if it is easy to pop some of those heads on the previous BTAS Joker figures will help with my decision.

Back