DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I don't think people take it personally so much as find it easier to defend. I can defend a figure that's only 28 bucks with a lot of accessories and a few minor issues, colorwise, moreso than I could a product that's going to cost $200, is only twice as big as the $28 figure, and is, essentially, just a blown up version of a figure 1/8th of the price, when, in reality, it should have more in common with Hot Toys than DC Collectibles, for that price.

Again, I'm not defending DCC, I'm just saying I can forgive things on a $28 figure more than I could something that would cost me $200.

I get your point :) I have a different opinion on 28$ figures. We're talking about a line which is selling since some years, no? With time if a line cost more money should also show some improvements imo. DCC is not this case. Like DiFabio said we have always some flaws at some point. Take a figure like Nightwing or Batgirl. (TNBA) Both with great articulations and paint. Both are early figures and costed me so much less than new ones. Why new figures have no more ankle articulations? On Batgirl worked so well for her balance. Is a step backward in my opinion, and since the figure now cost even more than the older ones is not professional for a company to do that... Not sure if I'm understandable, forgive my english xD This line for me is done from ups and down, I just bought figures I like and skipped on some others. We're all free to enjoy and discuss what we like or not, I see no problem in that. Don't get why people get mad if someone don't like something... Gosh, I've talked with Cicada once (if I remeber correct? maybe was someone else xD) about Harley Icons, he hate her face. I love her face. We just laugh about the thing xD It's a hobby, no? :D

I need your help.. anyone know where can I find Batman and Catwoman without peg holes??

Depend on where you live I guess.
I've got mine on eBay but I'm pretty sure you can get them on Amazon too. ;)

I get your point :) I have a different opinion on 28$ figures. We're talking about a line which is selling since some years, no? With time if a line cost more money should also show some improvements imo. DCC is not this case. Like DiFabio said we have always some flaws at some point. Take a figure like Nightwing or Batgirl. (TNBA) Both with great articulations and paint. Both are early figures and costed me so much less than new ones. Why new figures have no more ankle articulations? On Batgirl worked so well for her balance. Is a step backward in my opinion, and since the figure now cost even more than the older ones is not professional for a company to do that... Not sure if I'm understandable, forgive my english xD This line for me is done from ups and down, I just bought figures I like and skipped on some others. We're all free to enjoy and discuss what we like or not, I see no problem in that. Don't get why people get mad if someone don't like something... Gosh, I've talked with Cicada once (if I remeber correct? maybe was someone else xD) about Harley Icons, he hate her face. I love her face. We just laugh about the thing xD It's a hobby, no? :D

Oh, I absolutely understand, and I'm with you. If anything, the figures should reflect their higher prices in quality, and I totally get your frustration, especially with this set. I would hope there would be single carded options for people like yourself, who don't want every figure in the set. End of the day, it's all in the eye of the beholder, and people will choose to look at it how they feel. Me, personally, if it comes down to it, I can forgive things when they're present on the final product. If there's a minor issue, I won't let it ruin the figure for me. That being said, when they're in the prototype phase, I think people should make their complaints known, because it's only better for everyone if we get a superior final product that we don't have to forgive.

I just hope this 5 pack isn't the death knell of the BTAS line before they inevitably focus their efforts on other things. A pack like this is usually a sign that it's ending is approaching (see the Toy Biz deluxe gift packs, Hasbro's tail end BTAS packs, or the Vintage Collection waves).

BTAS is the only line DCC is making that I care about. I have no real interest in Superman: Animated Series, Justice League or Justice League Unlimited.

Depend on where you live I guess.
I've got mine on eBay but I'm pretty sure you can get them on Amazon too. ;)

I live in Brazil, so the best option is ebay
Do you remember who was the seller?

Don't get why people get mad if someone don't like something... Gosh, I've talked with Cicada once (if I remeber correct? maybe was someone else xD) about Harley Icons, he hate her face. I love her face. We just laugh about the thing xD It's a hobby, no? :D
As you said, you may have had that conversation with someone else. I like the latest DC Icons Harley's face. That's a figure that tempts me every time I go to Austin Books and Comics. I'm resisting buying her because I own the Sideshow 1/6 scale Harley, which looks very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, how long was I gone? It took forever to read those last few pages.

The love/hate relationship with this line is in full effect. I saw this all coming awhile ago.

This is exactly why I say don't ask for "Multi-Packs" Because you almost always get stuck with something you really don't want.

Personally, I'm "ok" with this 5-pack. Poison Ivy is really the only one I'm not fond of mostly due to the head and hair. I also think that like Lois and Batgirl, Ivy is too thin. In both body and face. None of them are quite "curvey" enough. Well, I guess Lois's body is ok but the face is too thin. I'm pretty happy with the other four. Montoya and Freeze are the best. Bane looks fine to me. Croc doesn't need that style of ab-crunch but he's acceptable.

The pack is definitely overpriced. Hopefully DCBS will have a good deal on it. I currently have it preordered from BBTS for what I'd say is a barely reasonable price. If it is cheaper at DCBS I'll buy from them.

One question-
Do we really know who sculpted some of these upcoming figures? I'm not so sure it was Irene Matar. The Bruce Wayne head, Batman Beyond, "Whipped" Superman and B*tch Lois, and the Ivy packs don't quite look like her style to me. Not sure they're Gentle Giant's either. Could it be somebody new?

One question-
Do we really know who sculpted some of these upcoming figures? I'm not so sure it was Irene Matar. The Bruce Wayne head, Batman Beyond, "Whipped" Superman and B*tch Lois, and the Ivy packs don't quite look like her style to me. Not sure they're Gentle Giant's either. Could it be somebody new?

Yes I believe this guy has been helping out:

Attachments

• 97ff066e3b5e65e53ee376f85ac97dfd.jpg
    97ff066e3b5e65e53ee376f85ac97dfd.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 196

I've stopped to email them after Batgirl proto since I had no reply from the pevious suggestion I've sent them way. Probably my english is worst than I thought xDD I wonder what happen if a figure break since I live in Italy xDD I see it pretty difficult they ship me a replacement xDDD Anyway, never had a break. Not even first Catwoman. I've found helpful to use the hair dyer at every figure just after removed them from the box. Result: 0 break in over 20 figures. :)

I live in Madrid and they sent me a new Catwoman without peg holes, a year ago and long before it was on sale.

I just hope this 5 pack isn't the death knell of the BTAS line before they inevitably focus their efforts on other things. A pack like this is usually a sign that it's ending is approaching (see the Toy Biz deluxe gift packs, Hasbro's tail end BTAS packs, or the Vintage Collection waves).

BTAS is the only line DCC is making that I care about. I have no real interest in Superman: Animated Series, Justice League or Justice League Unlimited.

I am with you. I fear it is the end and I will cherry pick JLU and SupermanTAS at best.

Hopefully Toyfair has a surprise or two and we are wrong. There is still a few core characters and variants to go in my eyes....Imagine if they go really big and give us a bat cave of sorts (Mattel did it with greyskull).

Being an artist..also super OCD, **** retentive, perfectionist, etc..I ADORE this line. Hands-down it's become my favorite line of action figures so far. Never had any breakage issues with the earlier figures because I took a hair dryer to them before posing. Besides that and the hit or miss with QC - which is always present with action figures no matter how expensive they are; this line is epic! The listed price on that 5-pack has got to come down! They did the same thing with a few other sets like the Batman Beyond set. No way they're going to charge $30+ per figure. As far as the $3 increase..I'm not getting it. I mean Marvel Selects have new sculpts with each new figure (for the most part), but they're still $25.

Do you guys know if Batman and Catwoman on bbts are the new ones without the peg holes?

Hey guys, is Talia's belt sculpted or glued on? Can it be removed/force removed? Thanks!

I live in Brazil, so the best option is ebay
Do you remember who was the seller?

It was a bid so he just had one single piece. I was lucky to pay just 12$ shipped. Best option is probably to find one on eBay and ask to the seller if it's the second version without peg holes ;)

As you said, you may have had that conversation with someone else. I like the latest DC Icons Harley's face. That's a figure that tempts me every time I go to Austin Books and Comics. I'm resisting buying her because I own the Sideshow 1/6 scale Harley, which looks very similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL my poor mind xD idk.. I'm pretty sure the face is done with the "dot matrix" process, I simply love how natural and realistic she look :D remind me a SHF :)

Back