DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I'm pretty sure Freeze was in Arkham, wasn't he?

Yeah, we need an Arkham box set with Hatter, Joker, Ivy and Freeze with their Arkham uniforms, with Lock-Up in place of Montoya.

Here's a thought, WHAT IF the packaging wasn't so much cardboard and more along the lines of plastic and more along the lines of a play-set like piece...

He isn't mentally ill, so he shouldn't be in Arkham.
And at least in "Deep Freeze" he's in Stonegate. I don't recall where he was locked up in "Heart of Ice".

I'm believe he was actually in Arkham at the end of "Heart of Ice." Some of the writers didn't seem totally sure where all the villains belonged in the early episodes: Ivy is put in Stonegate at the end of "Pretty Poison," and I think even Killer Croc might have even been in both places, too, and he's not mentally ill, either. As far as the boxset goes, just tell yourself they were all just arrested and those are holding cells. Or throw out the box.

Last edited:

The box isn't for me either but I like the idea. Its a throw back to the kenner Gotham 5 pack sets and I like that. I won't keep the box, I open and play with all my figures but I like that we are getting it. It shows imagination, I am guessing the only way we were getting Montoya. This is the beginning of the end but I will support the line because DC Collectibles has reached for the stars with some of the releases. Nobody ever dared give us a 1/12 Batwing, most companies never gave us a 1/12 Batmobile ( I am looking at you DCUC ). This line should be celebrated, its not just another figure line.

True, I really do enjoy the things that have been put out, I just don't see adding $35 to the cost for a dumbass box haha. It's a box... lmao
I wonder if this line will really be coming to an end, or if we'll get a few sprinkles of some other characters every now and then

LMAO, agreeded. Looks exactly like a "special edition" cereal box!!! And Andy's cardboard jail!!!! LMAAAAO :rotfl

Boxsets are such hideous ideas. Forcing customers to get what they don't want in order to earn more. What a disrespect.
If they want to make a figure exclusive, why don't make it individually exclusive to a store? Then, people who want that can go to such store and buy it.

Lucky for me and most people, those 4 villains are a must, so we will get this set regardless. But what if it was the opposite? 4 lesser known B listers and a must-have A lister like Alfred?
And I've already seen people complaining they just want 2 of those figs.... they must be even angrier than us.

Plus, I don't see the value in that box at all whatsoever. As much as it lights up, I just don't see any value.
Also, that's not even the classic place those 4 villains are locked up. Freeze is in Stonegate, Ivy and Croc in Arkham, and Bane... where does Bane go? Stonegate? Anywhere but GCPD.

I do hope they release at least the villains separately. Because, seriously, boxsets are a direspect.

Ps.: I thought you were dead! :rotfl
Kidding.
I'll DM you when I get to my laptop again.

It does man! That **** wouldn't look good with any of our displays! Plus what if the box is damaged before arriving to our LCS or homes? Or will it be a box in a box? If so we couldn't be able to see the figs before opening. Just an overall weird idea. I would have way rather had Nora and a Cryo tank or Ivy's plant from the movie Teeth

Yea those 4 are definite musts. Freeze and Ivy especially, but I love em all. They would never be able to even try that laughable price with B listers. I would rage if that **** happened lmao. Yea I can imagine being upset if you only want one or two of these. I want them all, but that box man... it's a ****ing box! Who puts lights in a cardboard box?! I'm looking forward to the inevitable hilarious video of Kevin or the other guy (forgot his name) hyping up all of the boxes "awesome functionality and play aspects" lmao. While it's all half ripped and taped together and broken like all their proto **** lolol
Yea I don't know about Bane. If we didn't already have Penguin and Joker, and they added Two Face, this would have worked way better as an "Almost Got 'Im" set

I hope they scrap the stupid thing period and just release them all single. Maybe there will be negative response at toyfair and they'll say forget it

Haha I was so sick for the past week I thought I was going to be lol. Forshoo man

He isn't mentally ill, so he shouldn't be in Arkham.
And at least in "Deep Freeze" he's in Stonegate. I don't recall where he was locked up in "Heart of Ice".

He's usually housed in Arkham due to Arkham's ability to house super villains with special physical needs. In this case, Freeze's need for a cell to be at sub zero temperatures. A normal prison isn't equipped for that, but apparently Arkham is. I don't know if every cell is adaptable or if they just build cells specifically for each 'patient.' I think you could argue Freeze is mentally ill like a mad scientist. He's not cuckoo like Joker, but a guy running around freezing people isn't entirely in his right mind either. Its just makes things tidier to have all of Batman's rouges in one place. :lol

DCC has never seemed to quite grasp the idea of box sets to me. They either make you buy 4 old figures again to get 1 exclusive one (Arkham Bruce Wayne) or they over charge what you would have paid for the figures separately (this new BTAS set). Every figure is new, so that is out of the norm for a box set. I don't know why they'd think we'd want fancy packaging with lights and crap. We can't display the rest of the line in the box like this so why would we want ONE thing like that? We've just going to open them! At least DCBS will have a good price on the set.

I loved this Bane (even with the issues)!
I need to get back to this line

SFA, somehow, I missed this, but may I just say that is magnificent. I loved it before, but the Batwing is the proverbial "rug that ties the whole room together," in the immortal words of The Dude. The way it's positioned, the cloud cover; it's perfect; your whole display is so creative and, frankly, beautiful and you're extremely talented! To say that I'm jealous of not only your display, but your skill in creating it, would be an understatement.[emoji38]

Suffice it to say, you deserve a thumbs up from Batman:

3b99579ef39a725a20fc8795cd194459.gif

I wouldn't mind if they gave his main, straw haired appearance a single card, then did his Nothing to Fear look the two-pack treatment with "Nightmare" Batman and a terrified Crane head.

Initially, I didn't really get the criticisms towards Croc, as I thought he seemed pretty accurate to the design, but wow. Those changes to the eyes really sell it. Ivy looks amazing and vastly improved from those small changes, as well, and I would gladly go up to bat in favor of figures that looked more like those. Well done!
Holy ***** that looks ****!n* Bad ass

Ivy's plant from the movie Teeth

:lol Great reference. Such a clever, fun, underrated movie.

Not very interested in these newly announced figures. Croc and Ivy have weak sculpts. Mr. Freeze and Bane just look like bigger versions of their Kenner figures and I'm still happy with those. No need for Montoya. I'm probably done with this line now that I've got The Ventriloquist...

Unless we get The Clock King with clock hand glasses. :)

I have a feeling the sizes in the promo photo don't accurately represent the figure's sizes. Pictures like that are often done in photoshop and that the figures may very well have been photographed separately. Bane may wind up being bigger than he seems there--Ivy, too (she and Montoya look like they are in different scales). Maybe we could wait until these figures are officially unveiled in a month at Toyfair before freaking out about about some of them being too small.
By all means, though, go ahead and bombard DC Collectibles about Croc's brow and ab-crunch and Ivy's hair, chin, and colors.

We werent referring to scale but Banes physique. Whatever scale size he comes in, he isn't muscular enough. Phantasm made a good comparison in saying he looks closer to Bruce's physique. But yeah, hopefully he'll look better in close pics as he's obviously who I've been waiting for the most. I have a big, sentimental attachment to the original Kenner figure out of all the others in the entire line. So I really hoped DCC would get him right, more along the lines of the Diamond bust

Animated-Bane-Bust-2.jpg

Last edited:

I made some gentle changes to Harvey today to make him look more show accurate and I gave him a toothpick :D

Wow... I saw now the news about that set.. this company is making fun of us.. I really don't care if these character are "a must", I really would get them but I'm not gonna pay that price for that horrible set. It have so much problems... DCC really pissed me off this time. Never received a reply (or even a feedback) at every mail I've sent them (and I was very polite writing them), and now they expect we all pay that price for that useless/cheapy/horrible box??? HELL NO. Gonna buy them in other way... No chance DCC gonna see my money again. Screw them. :censored

SFA, somehow, I missed this, but may I just say that is magnificent. I loved it before, but the Batwing is the proverbial "rug that ties the whole room together," in the immortal words of The Dude. The way it's positioned, the cloud cover; it's perfect; your whole display is so creative and, frankly, beautiful and you're extremely talented! To say that I'm jealous of not only your display, but your skill in creating it, would be an understatement.:lol

Suffice it to say, you deserve a thumbs up from Batman:

3b99579ef39a725a20fc8795cd194459.gif

A thumbs up from Batman is the highest praise indeed! :D
Seriously though, thank you so much for the kind words. I was really worried about getting the Batwing to fit seamlessly into my display after it was announced, but thankfully I managed to *just* fit it in there, and I'm pleased with the result now too.

SFA, do you happen to have picture of the stand you made for the batwing. I'm curious to know how it attaches and keeps it up so well. That's the best display I've seen so far.

Yes, here you go :) I just used a black kitchen-paper holder. It fits inside the gap where the landing gear comes out. I will say though, that the stand only keeps the Batwing up so much. The wings resting against the sides of the diorama are keeping it stable the most.

Holy ***** that looks ****!n* Bad ass

:D Thank you!! :D

I managed to get Man-bat up in the top part of the display today too. :)

Thank you!! :D Unfortunately there's not enough space for Roxy too, but I'm working on having her and Man-bat interchangeable:)

tumblr_ojsafszmj21rwiv5vo1_1280.jpg

I realized yesterday that there's really very little difference between a batwing and a large decorative bowl, so I picked up a cheap bowl display stand on amazon and Voila!

I'm hoping that as long as I don't move it around there won't be any denting or scratching.

Has anyone emailed DCC about individual release of the 5pk figures?

Back