DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Zelu, what are you using to prop the Batwing up? It looks very nice and clean

Long time lurker and first time poster. I agree with the above. Is this a commercial stand or a custom? If it's a custom would you mind sharing what you did?

My batwing is just lying around and it's driving me crazy. I'm especially nervous that the kitties are gonna get to it before I find a solution.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Zelu,
A couple of others from this thread and I would love to know what you have your batwing propped up on. This thing is tough to display and we'd like to use your solution. Please share.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShirtPunch is having a bundle deal that includes The Penguin action figure for $14 (mine cost a little more since I had to go XXL.)

Screen Shot 2017-01-10 at 9.32.37 PM.jpg

I know a lot of you have it already but for those without, given the price of the figure you get the shirt free or vice versa!

https://www.shirtpunch.com

Long time lurker and first time poster. I agree with the above. Is this a commercial stand or a custom? If it's a custom would you mind sharing what you did?

My batwing is just lying around and it's driving me crazy. I'm especially nervous that the kitties are gonna get to it before I find a solution.

Hey guys, I'm using a custom made stand to display the Batwing. I used a a quite large styrofoam block and cut it so it has one side high and the other one low so the Batwing is sitting on it in an angle. (Basically cut out the middle part leaving one side bigger) After that I attached another acrylics stand at the bottom of the Styrofoam block to raise the height of the stand. I hope this helps :)

Thanks to Zelu I managed to get the Batwing this week. It's amazing! DCC did an amazing job with this one!

Here are some photos of it up on my display. So glad it fits!! (just!) :D

I plan to hide the pole holding it up with a cloud cut-out eventually so it fits into the display a little more seamlessly :)

Fantastic and most unique display! Can you share your recipe?

SFA this is perfection! <3

Thank you Zelu!! Now we can get thinking of ideas for yours :D

Fantastic display! :rock

sfa Looks gorgeous! Fits so well.

Thanks guys :D If the Batwing had been an inch or two bigger, there'd have been no chance of it fitting!

Fantastic and most unique display! Can you share your recipe?

Thank you! It's just simply red and black card and foam-board placed around a bookcase. Simple but effective :)

Dear God, sfa - that is incredible. It's like the ultimate advertising display for DC Collectibles. If I ever wanted to crack my resolve and start buying these figures - pictures like these is exactly what would get me to break...

Thank you Zelu!! Now we can get thinking of ideas for yours :D

Thanks guys :D If the Batwing had been an inch or two bigger, there'd have been no chance of it fitting!

Thank you! It's just simply red and black card and foam-board placed around a bookcase. Simple but effective :)

SFA, what is that pole that you're using to elevate the batwing? Is that thing holding up the entire piece by itself?? Any tips on where to get one?

I'm just going to echo what everyone else is saying, sfa. And I'll have you know we've been gushing over your display at my office. I'm in a creative department surrounded by fellow toy geeks and your showcase is simply elegant. You've definitely inspired a couple folks here. Keep it up!

Dear God, sfa - that is incredible. It's like the ultimate advertising display for DC Collectibles. If I ever wanted to crack my resolve and start buying these figures - pictures like these is exactly what would get me to break...

I'm just going to echo what everyone else is saying, sfa. And I'll have you know we've been gushing over your display at my office. I'm in a creative department surrounded by fellow toy geeks and your showcase is simply elegant. You've definitely inspired a couple folks here. Keep it up!

Wow - Thank you so much for all the amazing compliments guys. I'm stunned by some of them!
MisterPL, It's so cool to hear my display inspired some of your colleagues, and I'm glad it could provide a little banter for your workplace!
Jody, wow that's very high praise indeed, and I wish I could say sorry for testing your resolve, but these figures are just too damn awesome that I can only recommend them even more lol!

A very gracious thank you once again guys! :)

SFA, what is that pole that you're using to elevate the batwing? Is that thing holding up the entire piece by itself?? Any tips on where to get one?
It's actually a kitchen-paper holder. It's inserted into the space where the landing gear comes out of. It's doing most of the work holding it up, but the sides of the diorama that the Batwing's wings are leaning against are keeping it stable.

I see a lot of cool display guys, congratulations :D but how do you guys fight worst action figure enemy? the damn dust!

but how do you guys fight worst action figure enemy? the damn dust!

True! That's why I'd like mine behind glass but it's a little pricey for my collection at the moment.

True! That's why I'd like mine behind glass but it's a little pricey for my collection at the moment.

It really doesn't matter if your figures are behind glass, the dust will get to them and whatever is inside anyway.

This is my main display and the dust is there. Even if I don't open the doors for, like, 2 months, what is inside will get "dirty".

Collection17.jpg

The BTAS figures are the ones that almost don't get dust because I'm always reposing/playing around with them. But the other two collections (Lord of the Rings [top two shelves] and Harry Potter [bottom]) are dirty. I actually just cleaned the HP figs couple of weeks ago.

Dust is seriously a magical thing. It doesn't matter how closed/"guarded" the things are, it will get to it. I've given up.
But, of course, keeping the figures behind doors helps a lot. Much better than leaving them exposed to direct dust/air/light.

I see a lot of cool display guys, congratulations :D but how do you guys fight worst action figure enemy? the damn dust!

As I said above, keeping them behind doors helps a lot, but the dust gets to them anyway.
I use a moist piece of cloth to dusten off the figures, if there is too much dust. If just a liitle dust, your bare hands can do the service. lol
The Batmobile I just blow the dust off (yes, with the mouth). I don't touch it with anything. Even after I had it all customized. I don't even dare. Thing is too precious to me and too delicate.

It's actually a kitchen-paper holder. It's inserted into the space where the landing gear comes out of. It's doing most of the work holding it up, but the sides of the diorama that the Batwing's wings are leaning against are keeping it stable.

Thanks for letting us know!

Anyone have success displaying the wing with a plain old picture frame or decorative dish stand?

I do the same :D probably an Ikea Detolf is the best cheap solution if you have space

As I said above, keeping them behind doors helps a lot, but the dust gets to them anyway.
I use a moist piece of cloth to dusten off the figures, if there is too much dust. If just a liitle dust, your bare hands can do the service. lol
The Batmobile I just blow the dust off (yes, with the mouth). I don't touch it with anything. Even after I had it all customized. I don't even dare. Thing is too precious to me and too delicate.

yeah, dust sneak everywhere sadly xDD I have my figures behind a cheap Ikea Detolf case, but I've customized it with this: guarnizione-adesiva-multiuso-2-459x410.jpg
now all i have to do is open the case (every 3-4 months) and just use a dry fabric :D it's sad that inside glass is impossible to create a great looking display like sfa's one, but I prefer to keep the figures away from dust since I had really bad experience with the problem T.T

Back