DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Pontefract, Castleford, both Barnsley branches and wakefield.

Thanks dude, hoping I can catch some later today down in Worcester maybe

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

^^I thought that would be an awesome deluxe pack too. Honestly though, now that I've seen how pitifully tiny the signal and Clayface came out, I think this pack would be a bad idea.

Yeah my enthusiasm for the line is at an all time low for a couple reasons. One, as you mentioned, they have some issues they really need to work out. Issues like sculpt and scale that for some reason didnt seem prevalent when the line began. As much as I'd love two packs like that, at this point I'd be more concerned at how they would turn out, rather than excited for them being made. The Bruce Wayne head for ex. is amateur hour, and they really need to let whoever sculpted that go or assign them to work on something else as an apprentice.

The other part of my rant concerns DCC in general. The animated stuff isnt the only thing I buy from them, and once again many, many of their releases company wide (other figure lines, statues) have been delayed and are being released in the last 2 months of the year. I will never pre-order another DCC item again as I don't like the fact of having to pick up the tab of an entire year's worth of orders during the months of November and December of all times. This is what, the second or third year in a row? Unacceptable. Seems like their Movie line is dead and canceled aside from an Armored Batman and Superman that are going to sneak out, and I'm pretty much relieved over it.

This line was a dream come true for me, and I remember back a few years ago being excited at the possibility of Mattel even doing a one off Batman figure. Even with the issues DCC had in the beginning with wave 1, my enthusiasm wasn't effected at all. At this time though, I feel like I've started to move on.

Last edited:

I think most of us expected Clayface to be a lot bigger, but if you re-watch the episode "Mudslide" you'll be convinced that Clayface is in the right scale. There's a scene where Batman is following Clayface in the sidewalk and there's not much height difference between them. There's also a scene where Stella rescued Clayface and takes him in her laboratory and uses a machine to freeze and keep him together. You'll see their height differences while Stella is carrying Clayface and that's not too much and also considering that Stella is a woman.

Clayface being a shapehifter, could change its shape and size, but in his default form, I think that the figure is just right in scale.

This is my wishlist, I think don't need more.

wl.jpg

And today I received the new figures: Bullock, Ventriloquist and Talia. I Love these three, but the Ventriloquist is so good, I wanted him for a long time.

GR7C5278.jpg

View attachment 308267

And today I received the new figures: Bullock, Ventriloquist and Talia. I Love these three, but the Ventriloquist is so good, I wanted him for a long time.

View attachment 308268

Perfect wishlist. I'm sure we'll see all of these in figure-form. Congratulations on the new wave!

Transmission from the Bat Cave

i waaaaaant Clayfaceeeeeeee :pray: I am waiting to find it in these days so I could have it for Christmas in Italy

View attachment 308267

View attachment 308268

Yes, yes!!

Saaaaame here! Almost, actually: switch Clock King for Baby Doll and that's aaall I need. Períod.

Congrats on the new figs!
I too just got those 3 + Holiday Joker last week!
So happy!

Clayface is in stock at DCBS:)

Is anyone else hoping that the Icons accessories work with the Animated figures? I can see that Golden Age Flash helmet in a Batcave or Hall of Justice diorama. The Green Lantern constructs could be cool in the inevitable Justice League line. Even the little characters might work well with TAS style.

DCC_Accessories.jpg

Hey, guys! It took me some time to talk about my new figures because I was first working on Talia.

As I mentioned before buying her, what I found I had to do was cutting her forearms shorter.
Somehow, they didn't notice that adding the glove part would make it longer.

So first, I poped the glove part off and measured:

TaliaDCC2.jpg

Make sure you cut it right above the glove.
I know the line I drew there is a tad higher, just ignore it. The right thing to do is to cut it right above the glove.

Then, glue it to the forearms and that's it!

TaliaDCC.JPG

She looks so much better. I also took the opportunity to paint the outside of her collar grey, as it's on the show.

Such a fantastic figure. I'm in love.

Ps.: no, we can't move the gun holster higher, because there's sort of a long pin on it that's attached to a long hole on her leg. So, you know what would happen...
Anyway, no big deal there.

Hey, guys! It took me some time to talk about my new figures because I was first working on Talia.

As I mentioned before buying her, what I found I had to do was cutting her forearms shorter.

So first, I poped the glove part off and mensured:

View attachment 308330

I know the line I drew there is a tad higher, just ignore it. The right thing to do is to cut it right above the glove.

View attachment 308339

She looks so much better. I also took the opportunity to paint the outside of her collar grey, as it's on the show.

Ps.: no, we can't move the gun holster higher, because there's sort of a long pin on it that's attached to a long hole on her leg. So, you know what would happen...

Wow, looks way better, congratulation!
I'ts ridicolous how they botched a simple anathomy part like forearms.. :cuckoo:
The figure should came out from the factory just like your one! With correct proportion and colors. The not painted collar is another proof of DCC lazyness.. -.-
Anyway, gonna follow this tutorial if one day I will buy this figure (not now at full-price), thanks! :D

Yeah my enthusiasm for the line is at an all time low for a couple reasons. One, as you mentioned, they have some issues they really need to work out. Issues like sculpt and scale that for some reason didnt seem prevalent when the line began. As much as I'd love two packs like that, at this point I'd be more concerned at how they would turn out, rather than excited for them being made. The Bruce Wayne head for ex. is amateur hour, and they really need to let whoever sculpted that go or assign them to work on something else as an apprentice.

The other part of my rant concerns DCC in general. The animated stuff isnt the only thing I buy from them, and once again many, many of their releases company wide (other figure lines, statues) have been delayed and are being released in the last 2 months of the year. I will never pre-order another DCC item again as I don't like the fact of having to pick up the tab of an entire year's worth of orders during the months of November and December of all times. This is what, the second or third year in a row? Unacceptable. Seems like their Movie line is dead and canceled aside from an Armored Batman and Superman that are going to sneak out, and I'm pretty much relieved over it.

This line was a dream come true for me, and I remember back a few years ago being excited at the possibility of Mattel even doing a one off Batman figure. Even with the issues DCC had in the beginning with wave 1, my enthusiasm wasn't effected at all. At this time though, I feel like I've started to move on.

Well said.

So first, I poped the glove part off and measured:

View attachment 308330

View attachment 308339

Looks perfect now! You did a great job. :clap
Maybe one day I'll try it.

Looks perfect now! You did a great job. :clap
Maybe one day I'll try it.
Thank you, man!!!

Wow, looks way better, congratulation!
I'ts ridicolous how they botched a simple anathomy part like forearms.. :cuckoo:
The figure should came out from the factory just like your one! With correct proportion and colors. The not painted collar is another proof of DCC lazyness.. -.-
Anyway, gonna follow this tutorial if one day I will buy this figure (not now at full-price), thanks! :D

Thank you!!
Don't let minor issues like these hurt your experience with the line. Talia, in particular, is an amazing figure. Her sculpt is perfect.
I see painting fix-ups as minor issues. I mean, her collar... how minor is that? Took me 15 minutes tops. Same with Penguin's monocle... MINOR. 5 minutes painting it.

And her arms... I have to say that until I read someone here poiting out they were "longer" than should be, I had never noticed it. I showed her to my parents and they didn't even notice it.
That's an easy fix-up too.

You should focus on what's right, not what's wrong. Just my opinion.
We've gotten perfect figures in the BTAS side of the line. Not to mention the vehicles.

So you have to glue the forearm and the hands back? No more articulation in the hands?

Not the actual hands, but that glove part (don't know the name. glove sleeve? lol) that's on the first pic.
The hands articulation is still there, and you can still swap hands.

Awesome stuff World'sGreatestDetective! I was planning to do the same to my Talia when I get her. Looks so much better ^_^

Thank you!!
Don't let minor issues like these hurt your experience with the line. Talia, in particular, is an amazing figure. Her sculpt is perfect.
I see painting fix-ups as minor issues. I mean, her collar... how minor is that? Took me 15 minutes tops. Same with Penguin's monocle... MINOR. 5 minutes painting it.

And her arms... I have to say that until I read someone here poiting out they were "longer" than should be, I had never noticed it. I showed her to my parents and they didn't even notice it.
That's an easy fix-up too.

You should focus on what's right, not what's wrong. Just my opinion.
We've gotten perfect figures in the BTAS side of the line. Not to mention the vehicles.

I know I know xD when I speak about this line I always sound negative but don't get me wrong. I love the animated series and this line was a dream since it started. It have a lots of great thing, sculpts are often phenomenal (beside the last holiday Joker LOL), but since we pay for these figures (and they even cost more now since the start) I think minor issues MUST not be there... the biggest let down for me is the articulations... DCC is getting me really angry with this policy -.- anyway, I enjoy this figures and since they nailed perfectly Nightwing (my fav character) im pretty happy :D

Awesome stuff World'sGreatestDetective! I was planning to do the same to my Talia when I get her. Looks so much better ^_^

hey man, where can i see all your awesome stuff?? you have some instagram/site account somewhere? :) thanks

Quick heads up for UK members... I saw a few of these figures on sale in B&M stores yesterday.

Back