DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

So, as I mentioned couple of days ago, I lowered my Mad Hatter's head, as I thought the neck was too long, as opposed to the actual character on the show.
Loved the result.

Before x After
View attachment 287284

It was pretty simple: I made the hole on the neck deeper with a hot nail, so that the "ball pin" of the head could stick deeper and, therefore, the head would be lowered.

Looks great! I may have to try this myself :)

Nice collection! Could you please post some more pictures of the whole display? I really like your background.

Thanks Freakazoid! Sure I can post some more pictures after I get home from work

Nice collection! Could you please post some more pictures of the whole display? I really like your background.

Here you go Freakazoid! I recently got a new table from Ikea that they all fit on pretty decently. I need to paint another background for the TNBA side of the display. Eventually I want to make a diorama, I started it with the street lights but haven't gotten much farther yet.

btas.jpgtnba.jpgside view.jpgfull view.jpg

I really like how accurately you got the blending of the blue highlights of the buildings towards their shadowy outlines on the top.

Nice barrel and lamp posts, too!

Here you go Freakazoid! I recently got a new table from Ikea that they all fit on pretty decently. I need to paint another background for the TNBA side of the display. Eventually I want to make a diorama, I started it with the street lights but haven't gotten much farther yet.

View attachment 287559View attachment 287560View attachment 287561View attachment 287562
Awesome collection!!!! Where did u get the lamposts?

I really like how accurately you got the blending of the blue highlights of the buildings towards their shadowy outlines on the top.

Nice barrel and lamp posts, too!

Thank you very much Freakazoid! I'd like to paint another one or a few more eventually.

I love your collection pics, vasq0034!

Thanks CaptSpock!

Awesome collection!!!! Where did u get the lamposts?

Thanks DHolden! I made the lamposts. I just bought wooden dowels and rods, glued together and painted black for the posts and then the lights are just styrofoam spheres painted white.

^^ No. He's definitely referring to the "Mask of the Phantasm poster" cape:

BM-Animated-Expressions-Pack-1-578e84767140c2-54166446-c58b8.jpg

That big one there, which is the one everybody wanted.

Huh. Haven't seen that before. It wasn't on display at Comic Con, so I didn't even know there was a suggestion that would come out. Weird.

So the expressions pack went from $35-$40 to $50 now? Seems DCC is making a habit of ALWAYS upping their prices after the initial announcement. At $50 that would sadly be another easy pass for me. I've already dropped all other DCC lines/merch because of their ridiculous **** they keep pulling like that. No one appreciates the bait and switch tactics.
Hopefully it's just a misprint and will still be the original price and include the Phantasm cape

Still $35-$40 on Big Bad Toy Store, Entertainment Earth, Woozy Moo, and Amazon. They, at least, seem unlikely to change that.

$50 for the set, but at least it comes with the figure

I might get this Expressions Pack just for the sake of having one Batman to messy around daily with those several facial expressions and capes, while the Official Batman stays intact on my shelf with the rest of the collection. LMAAAOOO

We never have enough Batman figures, right? LMFAO

And I do want that "battle damaged" head to customize it. Christ! That's the good MOTP head with closed mouth!
The blood is painted, so it's easy to remove it. And the torn edge of the mask is an easy fixup too!
I'll definitely make it my Official Batman's new head.

wait what so dc release 2 type of expression pack??
1 come with many heads
and 1 come with heads, cape and accs ?? rite

So the expressions pack went from $35-$40 to $50 now? Seems DCC is making a habit of ALWAYS upping their prices after the initial announcement. At $50 that would sadly be another easy pass for me. I've already dropped all other DCC lines/merch because of their ridiculous **** they keep pulling like that. No one appreciates the bait and switch tactics.
Hopefully it's just a misprint and will still be the original price and include the Phantasm cape

I have it on pre order but NO Phantasm cape = No purchase. I don't need the other capes (crap) and I can live without the expressions.

For those buying the Gordon wave at LCS's or in the wild in general, are there any figures particularly hard to find or are they all about the same? Are you seeing places with like 5 Ra's and maybe only one Zatanna or something?

Back