DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

The gas mask head and removable belt would be awesome! I could pass on that bandana head haha. It is funny though. ****, I'm happy as hell to have this line. Right before it was first announced I was thinking about trying to track down all the old Kenner toys. SO glad I didn't have to do that lol. With these figs out that line is obsolete in my eyes lol. Loved them so much as a kid, but God are they hideous lol. I'm gonna need to buy another bookshelf for when Superman/ Batman Beyond comes out. I wonder if they'll eventually replace Batman with those 2 before JL. Mix in Batman Beyond and Superman. I can't imagine Batman Beyond getting a ton of figs. I would like a Terry and 10 (don't remember her real name) two pack though. Liked that chick way more than Dana.

The gas mask head and removable belt would be awesome! I could pass on that bandana head haha. It is funny though. ****, I'm happy as hell to have this line. Right before it was first announced I was thinking about trying to track down all the old Kenner toys. SO glad I didn't have to do that lol. With these figs out that line is obsolete in my eyes lol. Loved them so much as a kid, but God are they hideous lol. I'm gonna need to buy another bookshelf for when Superman/ Batman Beyond comes out. I wonder if they'll eventually replace Batman with those 2 before JL. Mix in Batman Beyond and Superman. I can't imagine Batman Beyond getting a ton of figs. I would like a Terry and 10 (don't remember her real name) two pack though. Liked that chick way more than Dana.

I own all the regular figures of the Kenner line. I have 3 Combat Belt Bats, by the way. LMAO
Although I love that line due to nostalgia (they were the first figures I ever bought), I've always felt frustrated because most of them were either completely wrong or bad sculpted: Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Phantasm, Penguin, Killer Croc.... Horrible figures.
So what was the point of having a terrific Batman when all other characters were hideous?

Thank God for DCC and this new line. Everything I ever wanted.

I would prefer the green suit but I think DCC revisiting him would have to be 2 - 3 years away at least. They have too many other BTAS characters, Batman/Joker variations, Justice League and maybe a Superman line of figures to get done that I actually doubt he will be done at all. I was always going to get him but I was super impressed with his head sculpt and paintwork when I saw him today.

This whole wave is such a step up on previous releases, it is like a different line. Well apart from the fact that Zatanna cannot stand to save her life. Custom stand being made for her tonight :rotfl

I've made up my mind. I WILL get this Ra's. For the sake of it being my very first Ra's figure and eventually having Batman Begins in the Animated style. :lecture
Just rewatched a couple of Ra's episodes and I actually like him? In my mind, I was sure I didn't like him. LMAAAAAOOO Turns out I do.
But I've always been sure I liked him in Batman Begins... So, yes, I'm getting him.

Plus.: I think the black cape is a nice touch. The all-green look... It's too much green? Don't know. lol

Agreed. This new wave is just fantastic. The line just keeps getting better.

I hate saying it, but probably because this line is just a cash-grab.

I think we all have to accept this to an extent. The sculpts are easily winners of the nostalgia fest but we definitely can't escape the cheap material ladder we had to climb to get here (causing lot's of breakage and deformation), the price hikes, and the ugly/awful articulation compared to other figures in this price range (mezco mortal kombat figures/ marvel legends/neca everything).

Great for Batman Animated nostalgia but sub-par when judged solely as a figure line. I'll still be buying them regardless but I just treat them as small statues that only stand, which is fine at the right price. They really do look like they jumped out of the cartoon.

I just bought a phantasm set my first from this line I love these figures. I'd like to buy others like cat woman and two face. Does anyone know what online stores are selling the none defect ones ?
Sorry if it's been asked before I couldn't find any postings on it. Thanks

I just bought a phantasm set my first from this line I love these figures. I'd like to buy others like cat woman and two face. Does anyone know what online stores are selling the none defect ones ?

Familiar story, those two figures were my gateway drug into this line as well. Mask of the Phantasm = best Batman movie ever.

I have Catwoman and TNBA Batman on the way from BBTS, I believe them to be new issues without peg holes. Will let you know for sure.

Saw Ras and Gordon instore today, both look amazing. I know we have Talia on the way but I could definitely be interested in picking up Ras's henchman Ubu.

I know some have him already but, for those of us that don't, here's a crystal clear review of Commissioner Gordon.
https://youtu.be/qcSfNpkMopw

Man, he looks so good!

I'm glad to see this wave turned out so well. I'll have to pick them up soon. I wish that Batman Beyond set was coming out sooner. :mad:

I'm glad to see this wave turned out so well. I'll have to pick them up soon. I wish that Batman Beyond set was coming out sooner. :mad:

According to my LCS owner it's supposed to be. He was showing me an order sheet or something and told me it's supposed to come out this year now. I'm assuming it will be within a couple months, because he asked if I wanted one so he could mark down my name and how many to order. Though as always, he said it's of course subject to change. Who knows. I never believe it until people actually have them in hand lol. Hopefully factory issues are all sorted out and we can keep things moving

That'd be good news if true. That set would make a nice early Christmas present.

Anyone else notice that Amazon has Christmas Joker as arriving on December 28th? I know its not definite but I mean seriously...
3 days AFTER Christmas???

Lol that would suck. Tbh the only reason I would even buy him is to have him before Christmas. If he comes out after I'd be good. Already have 2 Jokers plus getting the TNBA one later this year, so I don't even need a 4th Joker

Honestly, I don't believe Amazon's release dates for this line, as it always has the figures on pre-order as arriving way later than expected.
Last year, it had Batman and Penguin as arriving in late November, and they came out mid-October.

I trust ToyChest and PreviewsWorld better.

I thought they were not releasing Christmas Joker until next year, so I would not take that Amazon date at its word.

I thought they were not releasing Christmas Joker until next year, so I would not take that Amazon date at its word.

Christmas Joker has always been supposed to be released in December 2016, as per ToyFair and DCC's Group Solicits.

The question is which week of December.

Familiar story, those two figures were my gateway drug into this line as well. Mask of the Phantasm = best Batman movie ever.

I have Catwoman and TNBA Batman on the way from BBTS, I believe them to be new issues without peg holes. Will let you know for sure.

Saw Ras and Gordon instore today, both look amazing. I know we have Talia on the way but I could definitely be interested in picking up Ras's henchman Ubu.

Cool good to know thanks for the info :)

AtomicEmpire.com

picked up batman and joker today for a discount at Hastings. man what an awesome line! :rock

My Gordon and Ras arrived today - both are fantastic, no issues at all.

Made a stand for Zatana over the weekend so that she could actually stand and shortened her magic stick to be more screen accurate. Would like to make an easel to hold her poster next.

82663827-393d-408d-8e0a-9913a1602ed4_zpsc0zuj6cy.jpg

Lookin' good, Pug.

Sent from the Bat Cave

Back