DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Hey folks, I emailed Kevin Kiniry a few weeks ago just with some ideas and my wish list for figures and sets that I hope will get released in this line. My hopefuls are:

-A Deluxe BTAS Poison Ivy with the Venus Flytrap
-The plant monster from ‘House and Garden’
-The Clock King with the Black Suit
-BTAS Mr. Freeze accessory: the fire hydrant with the frozen water geyser that he creates in ‘Heart of Ice.’
-Rupert Thorne with Sid the Squid from 'The Man Who Killed Batman'
-Harley from '‘Harley’s Holiday’ in her civilian outfit with the roller blades and her two hyenas
-A ‘Terrible Trio’ 3-pack with Fox, Shark, and Vulture.
-A ‘Make Em’ Laugh’ 3 pack with Condiment King, Pack Rat, and Mighty Mom
-A Gotham Citizens 5-pack with Summer Gleeson, Lucius Fox, Dr. Leslie Thompkins, Veronica Vreeland, and Mayor Hill
-A Gotham City Police car.

He replied back and I was happy that DCC is so receptive to getting feedback from fans of this line. So I encourage you if you have ideas or hopes for future figures, let them know. They seem to listen and sincerely want feedback and suggestions. Pretty cool :)

You guys want too much. I doubt they'll ever get to any of the z list characters that some of you really want.

Doesn't hurt to suggest it :)

You guys want too much. I doubt they'll ever get to any of the z list characters that some of you really want.

I kind of agree. As long as DCC knows how to weed out the bad suggestions from the good tho...

I think they better just concentrate on getting the announced figures in our hands sooner rather than later. I know well that delays happen, but as far as I'm concerned, they are already losing momentum with me. I'm seriously half tempted to spend my money elsewhere. They better get my cash while they can.

I kind of agree. As long as DCC knows how to weed out the bad suggestions from the good tho...

I think they better just concentrate on getting the announced figures in our hands sooner rather than later. I know well that delays happen, but as far as I'm concerned, they are already losing momentum with me. I'm seriously half tempted to spend my money elsewhere. They better get my cash while they can.

Yeah, after a year of delays, I seriously thought this year wouldn't see any delays, but I was clearly wrong.
And not only were the figures postponed, but it was a massive delay of several months.

They haven't lost momentum with me, as I'm still in love with the line and this is my final action figure collection, so I can wait.

But I understand the ones who might have lost interest in the line due to these several delays, as they collect multiple lines at the same time as well.

At the end of the day, the only one truly affected by all of this is DCC itself.

29545cf41ee1a37599d7e1d2e9315d8e.jpg

Anyone else had this mail away batman?

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

I did!! I had a couple different gold batman toys. Don't remember what the other batman toys I had were from though

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

29545cf41ee1a37599d7e1d2e9315d8e.jpg

No... But I have that Diecast Voltron!!! I scored him at TRU over like, a decade ago.

that is just Rapid Attack Batman from the Mask of the Phantasm line. got mine from ebay and they're still available.

That's got me thinking - have any customisers retooled these DCC figs to look like the classic repaints like Infrared Batman, Skydive Batman etc?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160413/29545cf41ee1a37599d7e1d2e9315d8e.jpg

I never liked the repainted versions of Batman and the other characters, as I never saw the reason to do such a thing.

I've been a perfectionist since I was a kid, so what I wanted was what I'd watch on TV. Of course I'd play with them, but I wanted the real Batman.
Why would I want a red, golden, blue, yellow Bats if that's not how he looked onscreen?

And the thing that would also piss me off (and still to this day does) was that Kenner did several BTAS characters wrong.
Their Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin all look completely wrong and off compared to the source material.

Funny, the major villians were off. I was SO frustrated because of that.
Thank God for DCC now making them the right way for us.

:lol I went from having TNBA Batman and ordering The Batmobile, to suddenly within a month having The Batman/Phantasm 2 pack, Man-Bat, Grayson Robin, Drake Robin and The Joker added.

This line is infectious.

I'm the opposite,I went from everything that was released to just BTAS Batman,Robin,Joker,Harley and the Batmobile.

That's got me thinking - have any customisers retooled these DCC figs to look like the classic repaints like Infrared Batman, Skydive Batman etc?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Skydive wasn't just a repaint, he was a complete resculpt.

Last week, I emailed DCC regarding the delays, for definitive confirmation of what, exactly, the wave 1 re-release would consist of, what the tentative release schedule is like for the delayed figures, and whether or not they'd consider giving us the "claw" with the Batwing. I just heard back from them today, so, here you guys go:

Thanks for reaching out.

We have had a series of delays with the Animated line mostly because we
have been moving our molds between factories in order to secure
improvements in the line. IN addition the bad timing of Chinese New Year
has delayed some shipments.

We still expect the Batman and Catwoman reissues to come out. They should
be in stores by May/June.

The Mad Love 2 pack and Wave 6 are also looking around that time.

We don¹t have plans to reissue Two-Face and Mr. Freeze from wave 1 but if
we ever go back into production on them, they will be the improved
plastics.

As for the Batwing, it is funny that you bring this up. When we showed it
at Toy Fair there actually was a claw in it. But it wasn¹t a functioning
claw and we weren¹t 100% sure if we were going to include it. We are
currently pricing it out to see if it is possible. Not sure if it will be
able to hold a figure though. So stay tuned.

I never liked the repainted versions of Batman and the other characters, as I never saw the reason to do such a thing.

I've been a perfectionist since I was a kid, so what I wanted was what I'd watch on TV. Of course I'd play with them, but I wanted the real Batman.
Why would I want a red, golden, blue, yellow Bats if that's not how he looked onscreen?

And the thing that would also piss me off (and still to this day does) was that Kenner did several BTAS characters wrong.
Their Robin, Batgirl, Joker, Two-Face, Riddler, Penguin all look completely wrong and off compared to the source material.

Funny, the major villians were off. I was SO frustrated because of that.
Thank God for DCC now making them the right way for us.

I can definately empathize. In addition to Kenner getting several characters wrong
I vividly recall the train wreck that was the Batman Beyond toy line. A cartoon series with interesting
And colorful villains had a toy line comprised of mostly gaudy Batman variants, utterly unforgivable.
Hopefully DCC rectifies that.

Last week, I emailed DCC regarding the delays, for definitive confirmation of what, exactly, the wave 1 re-release would consist of, what the tentative release schedule is like for the delayed figures, and whether or not they'd consider giving us the "claw" with the Batwing. I just heard back from them today, so, here you guys go:

Thanks for the news! Sucks to hear they won't be reissuing Freeze. Guess I'll have to cave and order one online and hope it's not a mess. I'm guessing the next wave will be closer to the end of June. I wonder if everything scheduled to come out this year actually will

I'm fine with Freeze not being reissued. Holding out for TAS Freeze anyway.

Thanks for the news! Sucks to hear they won't be reissuing Freeze. Guess I'll have to cave and order one online and hope it's not a mess. I'm guessing the next wave will be closer to the end of June. I wonder if everything scheduled to come out this year actually will

Good luck with that! I recently found some at Ross,crappy paint on all I saw and when I opened the one I bought,the leg snapped off.

Back