DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I've seen a few walk-through videos with DCC and read tons of ToyFair interviews, and no one has asked them when the Wave 1 Batman and Catwoman will be re-released, and if Two-face and Freeze will be fixed as well. has anyone else heard anything, besides the rumored March release date of Bats and CW??

That's the same info I have but I don't buy it. The Clayface wave needs to come out around July and then the Bullock one around Sept. I have a bad feeling we won't see both of these waves in Sept. anyhow though and won't see one of them if not both until Dec 2016 or early 2017 with some goofy excuse as to why it ends up this way. What's the point of having waves if 2 come out at the same time? And what about the ladies 5-pack and Beyond 3-pack?

I really hope the Clayface and Bullock waves do not both come out in September, that is ridiculous especially since the figures prices are going up this year. plus so close to when the Batwing comes out! Last year was frustrating having all the waves delayed because of the QC issues and then having a ton of them all come out at the end of the year. I really hope they can have a quarterly schedule. It should ideally be:

Gordon Wave in March
Clayface Wave in June/July
Bullock Wave in September
Unannounced Wave in December

And then they can intersperse the sets like the Batman Beyond 3-pack throughout. They really have no reason not too--these new figures are being made with the better plastic so they better not get delayed, so space them out so we can budget hah!

If the bat signal came by itself I might buy it. Don't want those cloth cape figures though. I thought they meant they were releasing the signal and JUST the capes, being that we have those figures! But then they couldn't get an extra 45 bucks out of us lol. If they redid it and it was scale, at that price I'd be down. This one is just useless though. Gordon may as well just fire his damn gun in the air until Batman shows up lol.

I really hope they space this **** out too. I also want 5 Harley's alone from the Designer line lol (Gordon Batman is looking good too), and that Icons Burnside Batgirl with bike.

It would be cool to get Gordan, Zatanna and Ra's in March, Etrigan 2 pack a week or so later.
Harley, Firefly and Firesuit Batman in June, Clayface deluxe in July.
5 pack in August
Bullock wave Sept
Batwing October (Even though I'm passing now)
Mutant leader set in Nov
Christmas Joker in Dec
Batman Beyond Jan
Another deluxe or 2 pack in between then another March wave

The long waits are agonizing lol. It already feels like foreverrr since that Phantasm pack came out

Maybe DCC used this shot for scale reference regarding the Batsignal?
https://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/superman/reviews/knighttime/Pan05.jpg
Like anything in animation, it seems to have changed sizes as needed.

I just can't decide if I should get it. I passed on the Batmobile due to lack of space, so I really don't need the extra 2 figures. I do like the idea of Gordon and Bullock standing on either side it, though, even if it is out of scale. Hmm...

I also find it odd that while all these sellers have the rest of the Toyfair reveals up for pre-order, the Harley single from the Clayface wave is still missing. I plan on getting her in the GNO 5-pack unless something changes though.

I doubt she would come with her alternate head and accessories in the 5 pack. I have a feeling we're going to get the BTAS Harley again in the 5 pack. They said in the video that batgirl and Harley were the same one's we've gotten. We've only gotten one Harley so far so idk

I've seen a few walk-through videos with DCC and read tons of ToyFair interviews, and no one has asked them when the Wave 1 Batman and Catwoman will be re-released, and if Two-face and Freeze will be fixed as well. has anyone else heard anything, besides the rumored March release date of Bats and CW??

That's what I'd like to know too!

Where was it demonstrated? Do you have a link, Jayrod88?

I'm looking for the video. I know it was uploaded Friday by an older guy with a greyish goatee/handlebar mustache. In this video, the Batsignal is turned on and you see the "glow" effect. Which is a dim light, not glow in the dark paint.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u7baohkjmP8 Ok. So I guess I thought I saw it here at the 17 minute mark. I know I saw it this oast weekend. It lights up in a dim yellow.

Last edited:

Did a little bit of work on Livewire and Supergirl in photoshop.
DC%20Collectibles%20Livewire%20and%20Supergirl%20originals%20plus%20shops%20bigger%20size_zpsjfqltdhq.jpg

Fixed Livewire's stubby arms by extending her forearms slightly and giving them a more graceful taper toward the wrist/gloves. Kara's problems were taken care of by reducing the size of her head by 10% and her feet by 10%, as well.
Slight but noticeable and significant changes that IMHO seriously improve the looks of both but also bring them closer to their appearances on the model sheets on which DC Collectibles bases their designs.
Livewire%20turnarounds_zpskfz7rtt5.jpg
Supergirl%20turnarounds_zpsbffo8fpw.jpg

If you guys would rather your Livewire and Supergirl figures look like the ones on the right as opposed to the ones on the left, as I would, then please email DC Collectibles at [email protected] and suggest the changes I've made, maybe even pass on the photo. They've proven that unlike some other companies, they do read emails and listen to fans.

Maybe DCC used this shot for scale reference regarding the Batsignal?
https://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/superman/reviews/knighttime/Pan05.jpg
Like anything in animation, it seems to have changed sizes as needed.

I just can't decide if I should get it. I passed on the Batmobile due to lack of space, so I really don't need the extra 2 figures. I do like the idea of Gordon and Bullock standing on either side it, though, even if it is out of scale. Hmm...

I personally don't mind the Batsignal being as tall as or just a bit taller than the figures (6" - 7"). I'm cool with that.

But I seriously can't and won't accept the idea of it not projecting light/signal. Ever.

I'll easily pass on it if it indeed doesn't project. And, oh well... Life goes on.

Really want a TAS Superman. Jim Fletcher basically said since Supergirl is there that Superman is next, so I think he'll be at SDCC.

I personally don't mind the Batsignal being as tall as or just a bit taller than the figures (6" - 7"). I'm cool with that.

But I seriously can't and won't accept the idea of it not projecting light/signal. Ever.

I'll easily pass on it if it indeed doesn't project. And, oh well... Life goes on.

Jim already stated that it won't project. I don't think 6 months is enough time to fix that. Maybe we should all email DCC for a rewuested change.

let me just say this:
the products shown at the fair are NOT final! (See BTAS Batman from the last fair that had a way better headsculpt and face than the final release *still cries*)
they are all protos so we do not know what we will get until they are out.
you want to know if the signal lights up? contact DCC and ASK them. by this way you can also easily request this feature if not. the more people ask, the better.

and about the "chrome" color of the deluxe batmobile not every one seems to like:
If I would not get the deluxe version, I'd get some silver acryl color and paint it myself, because the shiny metal painting looks cool (at least for me)

another thing:
has anyone see an all together poster for "series 2" like this one yet?

View attachment 246681

OMG YES S. Griffin, now they both look so much better! I donno what is wrong with the size of Supergirl's head...

On a side note, I'm considering getting this 5 pack but I'm not bothered about Livewire and Supergirl so I sell this 2 figures if someone wants. It all depends on the final design and accessories.

I emailed DCC asking about the DC Films line. Do they usually reply? I heard Kevin Kiniry is a great guy to talk to.

I emailed DCC asking about the DC Films line. Do they usually reply? I heard Kevin Kiniry is a great guy to talk to.

Yeah, I've never not received a response. The times vary, but you should get one back.

of course it can take a while due to the tons of fan post, but they answer always.

Did a little bit of work on Livewire and Supergirl in photoshop.
DC%20Collectibles%20Livewire%20and%20Supergirl%20originals%20plus%20shops%20bigger%20size_zpsjfqltdhq.jpg

Fixed Livewire's stubby arms by extending her forearms slightly and giving them a more graceful taper toward the wrist/gloves. Kara's problems were taken care of by reducing the size of her head by 10% and her feet by 10%, as well.
Slight but noticeable and significant changes that IMHO seriously improve the looks of both but also bring them closer to their appearances on the model sheets on which DC Collectibles bases their designs.
Livewire%20turnarounds_zpskfz7rtt5.jpg
Supergirl%20turnarounds_zpsbffo8fpw.jpg

If you guys would rather your Livewire and Supergirl figures look like the ones on the right as opposed to the ones on the left, as I would, then please email DC Collectibles at [email protected] and suggest the changes I've made, maybe even pass on the photo. They've proven that unlike some other companies, they do read emails and listen to fans.

I'm fine with the protos on SG, whether final product looks the same well..:dunno

Back