DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Wait - the Batsignal doesn't light up???

What!? Who said that???

But even if does... What about selling it as single piece?
I'm 100% good with my Batman and Robin, and doesn't need the ones with fabric capes...

But, well... Whatever..

After watching the pixiel dan video I am so glad DCC will have the bat-signal with batman and robin as a separate set along with the batmobile set, its similar to what hot toys did with the DKR the bat set. ill be in for the two pack set.

The original release is more accurate.
The grills and wheels are not shiny/chromed on the show:

tumblr_lfmshbwTiq1qc021b.jpg

Plus, I personally didn't like the chromed wheels and grills on the "deluxe" edition - it looks weird.

I believe someone showed screen captures of the batmobile in the show being both "Shiny" and "Matte". Seems it was not very consistent, (like most animations). So I think it really comes down to is personal preference.

Some people just flat out don't like chrome on anything so they just won't like the deluxe version. I like chrome on some things and I think the chrome on this will help it look better on display than the matte dark grey (accuracy be damned). Going to have to figure out a solution for hooking up the batmobile/batwing/batsignal to a power supply so I can light them all up with a switch and not have to deal with batteries.

The bat-signal glows in the dark. I'm sure you could take it apart easy enough and install LED lighting connected to a power supply, but we shouldn't have to do that.

After the batmobile burn I'm waiting for all this stuff to go on clearance.

So after the Mad Love two pack next week do we know what's the relase date for next wave?

$70 for the Batsignal and two figures is a good deal. Comes out to be $23 per piece.

So after the Mad Love two pack next week do we know what's the relase date for next wave?

We don't have precise dates as of now...

All we know is:

March: Gordon Wave
September: Bullock Wave + Clayface
October: Batwing
December: Holiday Joker

Thanks man! And wow 6 months without any new figures feels sooo long :/

The bat-signal glows in the dark. I'm sure you could take it apart easy enough and install LED lighting connected to a power supply, but we shouldn't have to do that.

Are you sure it only glows in the dark? How useless is that!

The whole does it light up with the batsignal is pretty vague. On a NYTF video walkthrough they say it 'glows'. Not clear if that is some kind of glow in the dark plastic or if it's just a low powered light that 'glows' but is not powerful enough to 'project' a bat signal. The listing on BBTS at one point said "working batsignal" but some now just says "batsignal" and also only lists needing 3 batteries (which are for the batmobile). Until there is an absolute statement by the manufacturer, I'm not going to 'believe anything at the moment. Either way is fine for me, but hope it does have some light up function or that it can easily be modified to have one.

Also this:

Thanks man! And wow 6 months without any new figures feels sooo long :/

Tell me about it!! 6 months in between releases is way too long!

It simply just glows in the dark??? WTF!!!

Useless piece of plastic!

It should project the light!!!!

Defenitely not getting it.

The whole does it light up with the batsignal is pretty vague. On a NYTF video walkthrough they say it 'glows'. Not clear if that is some kind of glow in the dark plastic or if it's just a low powered light that 'glows' but is not powerful enough to 'project' a bat signal. The listing on BBTS at one point said "working batsignal" but some now just says "batsignal" and also only lists needing 3 batteries (which are for the batmobile). Until there is an absolute statement by the manufacturer, I'm not going to 'believe anything at the moment. Either way is fine for me, but hope it does have some light up function or that it can easily be modified to have one.

Also this:

The way it is depicted in that promo photo, it simply just "lights up" like the batmobile.
Notice that the batsignal is "on" with some kind of light, but there's no flash/projection.

Seriously useless to my taste.

Also this:

The light is a dim light that does NOT project a bat logo. It was clearly stated in Pixel Dans video and demonstrated in another TF video.

I'm seriously laughing out loud now at this "batsignal" by DCC...

That 2012 Mini Batsignal for kids projects the signal to a loooong distance and is *****ing 2" tall!!!!!!

31gOwfrQKUL._SY300_.jpg

41mJnVlUK%2BL._SY264_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And this 6" batsignal intended to collectors can't even project light!!!!!!!

The light is a dim light that does NOT project a bat logo. It was clearly stated in Pixel Dans video and demonstrated in another TF video.

I'm satisfied with that. So it does in fact light up , it just doesn't light up so bright that it can project a bat signal. It just sounded to me like kryptonianmutie was trying to say that it doesn't light up at all and only has a 'glow in the dark' plastic piece. People are being unnecessarily confusing here.:dunno

We don't have precise dates as of now...

All we know is:

March: Gordon Wave
September: Bullock Wave + Clayface
October: Batwing
December: Holiday Joker
That's the same info I have but I don't buy it. The Clayface wave needs to come out around July and then the Bullock one around Sept. I have a bad feeling we won't see both of these waves in Sept. anyhow though and won't see one of them if not both until Dec 2016 or early 2017 with some goofy excuse as to why it ends up this way. What's the point of having waves if 2 come out at the same time? And what about the ladies 5-pack and Beyond 3-pack?

I'm satisfied with that. So it does in fact light up , it just doesn't light up so bright that it can project a bat signal. It just sounded to me like kryptonianmutie was trying to say that it doesn't light up at all and only has a 'glow in the dark' plastic piece. People are being unnecessarily confusing here.:dunno
The guy in the video specifically said it glows. If a DCC rep can't get it right, how are we supposed to know?

Where was it demonstrated? Do you have a link, Jayrod88?

That's the same info I have but I don't buy it. The Clayface wave needs to come out around July and then the Bullock one around Sept. I have a bad feeling we won't see both of these waves in Sept. anyhow though and won't see one of them if not both until Dec 2016 or early 2017 with some goofy excuse as to why it ends up this way. What's the point of having waves if 2 come out at the same time? And what about the ladies 5-pack and Beyond 3-pack?

I forgot Clayface was part of a wave. LOL
Thought it was a Deluxe figure without a wave, like Roxy.

But that's true, though. It makes no sense to release two waves in a month.
A July release for the Clayface Wave would be way better. :lecture

Fingers crossed nothing will ve delayed.

I forgot Clayface was part of a wave. LOL
Thought it was a Deluxe figure without a wave, like Roxy.

But that's true, though. It makes no sense to release two waves in a month.
A July release for the Clayface Wave would be way better. :lecture

Fingers crossed nothing will ve delayed.
I also find it odd that while all these sellers have the rest of the Toyfair reveals up for pre-order, the Harley single from the Clayface wave is still missing. I plan on getting her in the GNO 5-pack unless something changes though.

Back