DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Batcycle with yet another version of Batman & Robin- this time with non-removable helmet heads!

The Girls' Night Out pack is also a reminder of how Timm designs every single female character with the identical proportions. I hope they reduce the size of their heads.

Is it just me or does it look like they kind of recycled Bane's sculpt for the Mutant leader?

I hope they make Harley's head bigger. If they make it TNBA Harley, I might skip the single figure from the Clayface wave and just get her in the 5-pack. It would be worth it then at $65.

I'm hoping the releases are a bit spaced out. I know I'm gonna cave and get everything. Can't stop looking at the pics lol.

My ideal release schedule would be...

March: Gordan Wave (The 3 single cards in one week, Deluxe in a separate week)

June: Firefly Wave (The 3 single cards in one week, Deluxe in a separate week)

August: 5 pack

September: Bullock, Talia, Ventriloquist, TNBA Joker (Either spaced out in 2's or all together)

October: Batwing

November: Dark Knight 3 pack

December: Christmas Joker

Or switch the Dark Knight pack and Christmas Joker around, either way lol

Batman Beyond early 2017

Is it just me or does it look like they kind of recycled Bane's sculpt for the Mutant leader?

It definitely looks similar, but I think it's all different. With what's already released, there's been absolutely no shared sculpts or parts or anything besides the Phantasm Batman, so I doubt they'd start now even though it'd make sense to reuse some parts of Bane.

Where is the TNBA Harley Quinn listed at Big Bad Toy Store? I don't see her.

Not exactly a wish list but a guess list -

Next Wave:

BTAS Poison Ivy
BTAS Ventriloquist
BTAS Bullock
TNBA Penguin

Following Wave:

TNBA Bruce Wayne
TNBA Joker
TNBA Mad Hatter
BTAS Talia

Well I got 4 out of the 8 correct lol.

So we've got 24 more figures coming this year:

Mad Love 2pack

Gordan (BTAS)
Zatanna (BTAS)
Ra's (BTAS)
Etrigan & Klarion (TNBA)

Firesuit Batman (TNBA)
Firefly (TNBA)
Harley (TNBA)
Joker (TNBA)

Clayface Deluxe (BTAS)
Joker Christmas Deluxe (BTAS)
Bullock (BTAS)
Talia (BTAS)
Ventriloquist (BTAS)

Supergirl
Livewire
Batgirl
Harley
Ivy (Hoping they make this Ivy a bit shorter, then I would be all on board with this pack. The current Ivy is a bit on the tall side. That and fix Kara's head and maybe give Babs some under eye skin tone paint, and a variant black paintjob with that chameleon paint someone mentioned)

Batman, Robin, Mutant Leader (BTAS)

Plus the Batwing, then the Batman Beyond set next year! Crazy! There are only 23 figs out now, so that will double up collections!

I bet between BATMAN, SUPERMAN, and BATMAN BEYOND you could easily do 150-200 figures. JUSTICE LEAGUE could be that many if not more....

I guessed most of them too but the feather in my cap that I called was Christmas Joker. :D
I wasn't surprised at all by Christmas Joker either... surprised by the price... at least for what we're getting.

I cannot believe how much they have coming! Wow, anything really is possible with this line! I was wondering why we hadn't seen the Clayface wave go up for the July solicits like we had originally heard. I guess now we know that it's delayed until September.
I really thought I would be all-in on this line and hoped it would go on for years. I think it just might go that long and the reality of how much space they'll take up is hitting me. I'm going to have to start cherry-picking them. I absolutley adore this line and DCC for tackling it, though. :) I wonder where Jetwing Batman is?
I'm really happy to see TNBA Joker and the Batman Beyond 3pk too!

So now that we're going to have Single card BTAS Harley, Mad Love pack Harley, Single card TNBA Harley, which do you guys think would be most likely to be in the 5 pack? The original shiny Harleys from the First Mad Love pack pic? Something new? Repeat of the TNBA single?

I have to say, I think the Bullock, Talia, Wesker and TNBA Joker is the best looking wave I've seen yet. They all look amazing. I don't have a single gripe about any of them except maybe Talia's outfit color. Talia is probably the best looking female design thus far.
Looks like they gave Bullock a knee swivel instead of a hinge, which I think works well for him. Hopefully they package him better than Scarecrow so his hat doesn't get ****ed up. He definitely needs a donut and a coffee for accessories lol. I just hope they don't end up doing a special Bullock Gordan 2 pack with the Bat Signal after the single releases.

I'm also curious how The Ventriloquist is going to hold Scarface. I assume he'll fit like a hand? But that seems like the arm joint would get loose and start to fall eventually.
Another cool accessory pack/ deluxe whatever would include one of Bruce's chairs for old man Bruce to sit in.
Man, this is probably the most excited I've been for an announcement from this line! I've posted like 6 times today lol.

****ing YES! so glad.

Now all i need is the best version of Joker. The others are crap imo. Would it be a JLA version maybe?

latest

So far, regarding the yet to be released figures, I'm getting for sure:

Gordon
Zatanna
Ventriloquist
Bullock
Clayface
Christmas Joker

I wanna get Talia too, but I'm finding her clothes too light.
It should be a dark shade of purple, something like the dark green of TNBA Ivy, you know?
Imma e-mail Kevin regarding this.
Since she's not essential to me, if I ultimately don't get her due to the shade of her clothes, it won't hurt.

I seriously don't have space for the Batwing, so I'm not getting it. And since it's never been a favorite of mine, it doesn't hurt.

So now that we're going to have Single card BTAS Harley, Mad Love pack Harley, Single card TNBA Harley, which do you guys think would be most likely to be in the 5 pack? The original shiny Harleys from the First Mad Love pack pic? Something new? Repeat of the TNBA single?

I have to say, I think the Bullock, Talia, Wesker and TNBA Joker is the best looking wave I've seen yet. They all look amazing. I don't have a single gripe about any of them except maybe Talia's outfit color. Talia is probably the best looking female design thus far.
Looks like they gave Bullock a knee swivel instead of a hinge, which I think works well for him. Hopefully they package him better than Scarecrow so his hat doesn't get ****ed up. He definitely needs a donut and a coffee for accessories lol. I just hope they don't end up doing a special Bullock Gordan 2 pack with the Bat Signal after the single releases.

I'm also curious how The Ventriloquist is going to hold Scarface. I assume he'll fit like a hand? But that seems like the arm joint would get loose and start to fall eventually.
Another cool accessory pack/ deluxe whatever would include one of Bruce's chairs for old man Bruce to sit in.
Man, this is probably the most excited I've been for an announcement from this line! I've posted like 6 times today lol.

The Girls' Night Out promo pic depicts the original BTAS Harley, so one would assume that's the one coming.

Same here, Talia's outfit is too light to my taste. A dark purple would be ideal.

Hahaha! Yes! Bullock needs his donut, coffee tea AND TOOTHPICK!!!!! hahaha

I think Scarface will have a hole in his back to fit Ventriloquist's hand, like a real puppet should have.
Scarface seems to be a light piece, so Ventriloquist's hand/arm will hold it well - no problems.

I'm very excited too!! Hopefully, there'll be more figs than the announced ones at NY Toy Fair! haha
I don't wanna wait until SDCC for new announcements!!! LMAO

So far, regarding the yet to be released figures, I'm getting for sure:

Gordon
Zatanna
Ventriloquist
Bullock
Clayface
Christmas Joker

I wanna get Talia too, but I'm finding her clothes too light.
It should be a dark shade of purple, something like the dark green of TNBA Ivy, you know?
Imma e-mail Kevin regarding this.

I seriously don't have space for the Batwing, so I'm not getting it. And since it's never been a favorite of mine, it doesn't hurt.

Yeah, I agree on Talia's outfit. It should be dark purple for sure or even black. Poor Kevin, he must be getting so many email like this all the time :p

Yeah, I agree on Talia's outfit. It should be dark purple for sure or even black. Poor Kevin, he must be getting so many email like this all the time :p

Yes, man!

Even her Diamond statue is ideal dark purple:

5baf1a796a8962f41bee4d1e9d9a98b7.jpg

Hopefully, the final figure is dark purple like the statue. PLEASE, LET IT HAPPEN!!! lmao

Yes, man!

Even her Diamond statue is ideal dark purple:

5baf1a796a8962f41bee4d1e9d9a98b7.jpg

Hopefully, the final figure is dark purple like the statue. PLEASE, LET IT HAPPEN!!! lmao

This is exactly what I'm going to do if she comes out with the proto colors :)

Back