DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

You jackass, now I have to open mine and paint her lol, the neck area was bothering me too

I may consider opening them all, repainting and putting them back in
Did you do Joker too?

I really feel the same, The ones I've opened are SO MUCH better painted up and finished. Like DiFabio mentioned to me, they are all more or less model kits, haha. They give you a nice base to work with, but they NEED fixing to be ANY good.

Do it man, you do it, I will do it, haha. I have a stack of MOC animated series figures here just doing nothing, and they would be fun projects.

I just recently picked up Bane and I think he's the first one to genuinely impress me upon opening him up. Very little paint issues and what little movement he has is enough to pull off some really good action poses. Joints are really sturdy as well so he can easily maintain a lot of the poses that I put him into.

glad i picked this line
....i am waiting for scarecrow TAS, bane NBA and riddler NBA. imo they wear classic costume. any news whether DC will release those version?

glad i picked this line
....i am waiting for scarecrow TAS, bane NBA and riddler NBA. imo they wear classic costume. any news whether DC will release those version?

The Bane that just came out this week is NBA version.

My Wish list is the Following.
BTAS
Batcycle
Batplane
Barbara Gordon / Batgirl
Poison Ivy/Pamela Isly
Trenchcoat Joker
Bruce and D!ck
Alfred
Bane
Killer Croc
Talia
Clock King
Bullock
Montoya
Two Face/Harvey Dent
ClayFace
Mr Freeze
The Ventriloquist / Scarface
Lucius Fox
Summer Gleeson
Mayor Hamilton Hill
Hugo Strange
Red Claw
Rupert Thorne
Lyle Bolton / Lock-Up

MOTP
Andrea Beaumont
First appearance/Retro Batman
Jetpack Joker

TNBA
Batmobile
Bruce Wayne
Tim Drake
Barbara Gordon
**** Grayson
Alfred Pennyworth
Commissioner James Gordon
Detective Harvey Bullock

Seems we have most of the Villians coming in this line.

I recently emailed DCC about the possibility of accessory packs, whether or not we'd be seeing TAS Poison Ivy from the fan vote, and, with the holidays coming up, if they'd consider doing a Christmas with The Joker figure. As far as accessory packs go, he told me that they haven't scheduled any packs, yet, for the TAS line, but that it isn't off the table, and that Ivy is still coming, but they're working to get her just right. As for the Christmas with the Joker part, I'm not sure if it's what he was referring to, but he said that they have some interesting plans coming up that I may be happy for, and, considering it was the only question that wasn't addressed directly, I'm wondering if that isn't a "yes."

Wow fantastic phenomenal work there Zelu. :hi5:

This Harley seems like she needs a complete makeover to make her screen accurate. :slap

Now you said you carved her face before you repainted right?

What exactly did you do to her face if I might ask

Thanks guyver1! I cut her face (The left side) slightly with EXacto Knife just to make the cheeks even (still slightly bigger than the other)and I sanded it down with fine sanding paper to make it smooth. I hope this helps :)

I recently emailed DCC about the possibility of accessory packs, whether or not we'd be seeing TAS Poison Ivy from the fan vote, and, with the holidays coming up, if they'd consider doing a Christmas with The Joker figure. As far as accessory packs go, he told me that they haven't scheduled any packs, yet, for the TAS line, but that it isn't off the table, and that Ivy is still coming, but they're working to get her just right. As for the Christmas with the Joker part, I'm not sure if it's what he was referring to, but he said that they have some interesting plans coming up that I may be happy for, and, considering it was the only question that wasn't addressed directly, I'm wondering if that isn't a "yes."

Thank you, batfan!
Those were some questions I was gonna ask them via e-mail!

Wow! Great answers/news for us fans!
I knew TAS Ivy was a no brainer, of course.
This part really made me happy and confident about Ivy being a killer figure: "but they're working to get her just right".

And I'm really, REALLY excited about the possibilty of Christmas Joker.
That alternative version of Joker has always been my favorite, as Christmas is so important to me.

Receveid today Penguin, Riddler, Robin (Tim) and Batgirl.
I'm in love, this Penguin is the best one ever made!!

Really happy with this line!!!

Ha, DCC posted a shot on Thanksgiving of what looks to be a production figure of Croc.
128333ac157219062fa9658e6de7e8e4.jpg

He looks pretty good. It almost seems like they're really finding their groove in making the figures look even more animated with all of the black lines on his face. TNBA Bane seems like another good example of that.

Ha, DCC posted a shot on Thanksgiving of what looks to be a production figure of Croc.
128333ac157219062fa9658e6de7e8e4.jpg

He looks pretty good. It almost seems like they're really finding their groove in making the figures look even more animated with all of the black lines on his face. TNBA Bane seems like another good example of that.

Where can I get these wonderful props

Thanks guyver1! I cut her face (The left side) slightly with EXacto Knife just to make the cheeks even (still slightly bigger than the other)and I sanded it down with fine sanding paper to make it smooth. I hope this helps :)

After you sanded the face down, did you paint it again with the original blueish white? I could hardly tell there was any sanding done so wondering if you painted it after sanding it down or not. If so what grit sand paper did you use that's so fine? Love all your mods to the figs!

They look so awesome displayed together like this Battoys12!!

@spidey2378 I used sanding paper 120 and after 400 to make it completely smooth. After that I repainted the face with acrylic paints (4 thin-watered layers of white) I hope this helps :)

Just my two cents, I find it weird that they choose bluish tint to Harley's face. Harley's face is not naturally white, is not her skin like the Joker's white skin. It's a make up, so it's supposed to be pale white like a mime. If they want to give a blue tint, it fits the Joker more, because it is his actual skin, and the pigment might change his skin into bluish (I personally prefer Mr Freeze to have bluish tint to exagerrate his frozen state).

Sideshow 1/6th got the logic right, they made the Joker's face different with Harley's face. Joker's got a rough, veiny, pinkish (as if it's burned) white skin, while Harley got a smooth pale white face, hinting that it's more of a make up rather than actual skin.

I picked up Scarecrow over the weekend. He is the only TNBA redesign I really like. I love how creepy he is especially with the broken noose. I always loved this version ever since I was a kid.

I picked up Scarecrow over the weekend. He is the only TNBA redesign I really like. I love how creepy he is especially with the broken noose. I always loved this version ever since I was a kid.

Same here.
Only TNBA redesign I like, and I feel the same about the noose - always found that to be a nice touch.
But as much as I like it, it's not enough to make me buy the figure. :lol

Back