DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Cheers guys, Yeah I don't think my Harley is defective I think this is how she was made :( I have been checking some video reviews and I have noticed that uneven face on them as well (The good thing is that this can't be seen on every angle)

even if you flip your image World'sGreatestDetective you will be able to see it a bit better.

Another thing that bothers me is that her face is not white but blue-ish like TNBA Harley :/

And question, how many red diamonds she should have on the black parts of her costume? I though they were always 3 next to each other for both black and red?

I think in general when you see Harl from afar she looks very good, but sadly she is just not the same quality as others :/

I was only going to paint her eyelids white but now this turned into much bigger project...

1st step is done :) I sanded down Harley's face and repainted the eyes and lips. I still want to paint her face white.
cb1f9ec3a7dd10940585f17eedab2fcf.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

So much better, as always.

Now that is Harley! Great start Zelu, will you be fixing her leg shape as well?

That looks so good, already. Really looking forward to seeing what she looks like when you're done with her.

Cheers guys! She still feels like sge is too small... @pug205 I want to re sculpt the legs but for now I'm working on adding articulation :)

Cheers guys! She still feels like sge is too small... @pug205 I want to re sculpt the legs but for now I'm working on adding articulation :)

Nice. she's a pretty good base to do so. You're making me want to bust open my Harl and experiment with her haha. I've only opened 3 figures from the line so far and I've repainted all of them. I love the way they look MOC, but damn, they do have potential...

Nice. she's a pretty good base to do so. You're making me want to bust open my Harl and experiment with her haha. I've only opened 3 figures from the line so far and I've repainted all of them. I love the way they look MOC, but damn, they do have potential...

I'm in the same boat, I want to keep mine MOC but I also want to improve on them... shouldn't be too hard to carefully open them in a way where they can be neatly put back in though

Midtown comics had 25% off everything today before noon. So I rounded out what was missing so far for my collection. Picked up Bane, Mad Hatter, Nightwing, Scarecrow and Harley Quinn for $100. I still need to get Roxy Rocket but I'll wait to see if I can get a better deal on her. I think my DC Collectibles Btas collection is big enough to move my Kenner/Mattel into storage for now.

Does anyone have this chart complete?

attachment.php

Step 2 done!Harley's face has been repainted white and I added the articulation to her feet! ^^

ab5421ed2914ef3a6bcc5427e81af3ec.jpg

6318c6e83ce1f4617efbf6f50a537553.jpg

Cheers guys, Yeah I don't think my Harley is defective I think this is how she was made :( I have been checking some video reviews and I have noticed that uneven face on them as well (The good thing is that this can't be seen on every angle)

even if you flip your image World'sGreatestDetective you will be able to see it a bit better.

Another thing that bothers me is that her face is not white but blue-ish like TNBA Harley :/

And question, how many red diamonds she should have on the black parts of her costume? I though they were always 3 next to each other for both black and red?

I think in general when you see Harl from afar she looks very good, but sadly she is just not the same quality as others :/

I was only going to paint her eyelids white but now this turned into much bigger project...

All the Harley figures I've seen so far have had uneven eyes (5 or so in person, the ones here online). One eye (usually the right) is not painted on following the sculpt. More subtle on some than others, but I haven't seen a single one painted right from the factory.

I just ordered a Batmobile and a bunch of the BTAS-style figures from BBTS (+ TNBA-style Batman). Anyone have any pictures of these figures and the car posed with the classic Mattel Zipline Batman? Just curious about how he'd look since they're roughly the same scale, and this is a much better Batmobile on this scale than the Mattel monstronsity.

I know she hasn't used it in BTAS series Harley needs the hammer/mallet ;)

Step 2 done!Harley's face has been repainted white and I added the articulation to her feet! ^^

ab5421ed2914ef3a6bcc5427e81af3ec.jpg

6318c6e83ce1f4617efbf6f50a537553.jpg

You jackass, now I have to open mine and paint her lol, the neck area was bothering me too

I may consider opening them all, repainting and putting them back in
Did you do Joker too?

Lol sorry! ;)

I did open all the figures but I kept the boxes so I can still put them back. They do get damage when you open them but it's not too bad if you open them gently.

You should take them out as they are awesome and you can make them even better ;)

Yes, I painted Joker as well ^^

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Back