DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

But Selina is an all grown up strong woman, well past her 30s.

Harley is, like, 20-22.
Is not even fair to compare them.

Harley is a very thin and, yes, small young girl. Very fragile too.
She's like Barbara.

Harley isn't a young girl. Harley was a doctor--granted she seemed to be just starting her residency when she and Joker met, but unless she was some kind of Doogie Howswer megagenius, something I think I would remember reading or hearing, she's gotta be in her mid twenties at the very youngest.

That said, the height looks pretty close. However, like guyver1 said, her hips should be wider and her legs should have a more athletic shape. The prototype shown at Comic Con in 2014 was pretty great curves wise.
SDCC-DC-Collectibles-Batman-Animated-102_zpsxdovstih.jpg

We should probably all be happy that her upper half turned out as well as it did, considering what happened to Joker's face .

Last edited:

SFA, how did you make that background?
I'd like to copy it. :D
Thanks!!

I agree that backdrop is fantastic SFA. I too will be copying it for my display. I already have the red so I am half way there :rotfl

Thanks guys! :D

It's just black card on top of red card. Simple but effective!

sfa! Awesome display. How deep is your shelf?

Batmaster:

Ha, Nederland dus. Mag ik vragen waar je jouw figuren haalt? Ik kom uit Amersfoort (Utrecht) en heb hier niets in de buurt zitten. Ik gebruik Home page - Vision Toys. Erg goed maar aangezien ik nog even moet sparen voor de batmobile ben ik bang dat ze snel op zijn. Ik zou het erg fijn vinden een extra optie achter de hand te hebben want ik moet er 1 hebben. Het wordt denk ik de december maand voor mij. Bij voorbaat dank!!!!!

Wesley

translation: (Ha, the Netherlands, can I ask where you buy your figures? I'm from Amersfoort with no comic-stores around. I've been using the site Home page - Vision Toys. It's a very good place to shop, but since I have to wait untill the end of december I'd like to have an extra option since I must have one. Thanks in advance!!!!

When this figure was first announced, it was solicited as The New Batman Adventures Harley Quinn and BTAS Killer Croc . . . but then later it was changed to BTAS Harley and TNBA Croc with Baby Doll . . . so i wonder if they actually did make the body TNBA Harley but then gave her a BTAS head?

Harley isn't a young girl. Harley was a doctor--granted she seemed to be just starting her residency when she and Joker met, but unless she was some kind of Doogie Howswer megagenius, something I think I would remember reading or hearing, she's gotta be in her mid twenties at the very youngest.

That said, the height looks pretty close. However, like guyver1 said, her hips should be wider and her legs should have a more athletic shape. The prototype shown at Comic Con in 2014 was pretty great curves wise.

We should probably all be happy that her upper half turned out as well as it did, considering what happened to Joker's face .

I know she's not a "young girl", I said that just to illustrate how thin and small she's in the show.
She's defenitely not as curved as Catwoman.
That's why I said 20-22.
And even if she's over 25 y.o., she's still small.

Yes, her height looks pretty close.
Let's just wait for more photos and to have her in hands to judge her hips and curves.

When this figure was first announced, it was solicited as The New Batman Adventures Harley Quinn and BTAS Killer Croc . . . but then later it was changed to BTAS Harley and TNBA Croc with Baby Doll . . . so i wonder if they actually did make the body TNBA Harley but then gave her a BTAS head?

She was never announced as being from TNBA.
Back in July 2014 - at the 2014 SDCC - she was the first figure of the "wave 3" announced with a promo photo, titled "Batman: The Animated Series Harley Quinn figure".
The other three (Croc, Robin and Creeper) didn't have their respective series announced at the time, and then there was some speculation as to which series they were.
Shortly after, the three were revealed as being brom TNBA.

ooh well some websites listed them that way - i remember because i was shocked when Croc was green when i was expecting him to be Gray.

ooh well some websites listed them that way - i remember because i was shocked when Croc was green when i was expecting him to be Gray.

That's OK, but those sites were wrong, because she has always been from TAS and Croc, from TNBA.

Here is DCC's panel at the 2014 SDCC with all of the figures named.
DC Collectibles at SDCC 2014 - Statues, Batman TAS, Arkham, Flash, Arrow and More - The Toyark - News

Question to all those who have painted your figures. If you mess up what do you do? Do you just wait for the paint to dry and paint over it or is there some trick to removing the paint and starting over? I've had a few mishaps while painting mine and was curious how other people handle it.

Damn, Harley's getting all the attention. Between this, The Mad Love 2-Pack, and the announced, but, as of yet, unseen TNBA version, she's tied with Batman. The fact that they're doing the lingerie version makes me think I'll probably get the 2-pack, but I really hope they just give the existing Joker a new headsculpt or something. That glossy purple suit just looks so, so ******.:lol

Depend what I'm painting but usually i just wait a bit and paint over again. There are ways to remove the paint but you might remove the base paint from the figures as well so better not risk it... (Nail polish remover, paint remover, brush cleaner)

Hey guys, here are some pictures of Harley! She is almost perfect. The thing that really bothers me, is that she doesn't have ankle rotation. Only a footswivle.

thanks for the photos batmaster! Well that's just lazy of them not to include the ankle rotation :/

She looks great though!

I also think the mask should be painted a bit more n the sides.

Zelu, Harley is PERFECT (against to a certain Bat-Guy >>)

speaking of him again: what might the base color of the head sculpt be? the Mask or the Skin? Just wondering because when I first had this figur in hand the skin seemed to be too clean to be painted. I was wondering because if I'd plan to buy him again and repaint him to make him look closer to prototype I'd maybe preffer to "cut" the mouth in indead of painting. I'm afraid my hand would not be calm enough to paint a clear and fine line.
Also I was thinking wheather it might be an idea of paining the chin's bottom completely black. of course he doesn't look this way in the show, but what also bothered me a lot was that the face looks too long to me. maybe painting it this might make a little illusion the chin seeming smaller :/

(oh my english sucks...)

Aww, Harley looks so beautiful!!
I think I'll buy two more - for my girlfriend and my mom.

Oh, and she does have good curves and hips, though.
And even some damn butt! haha

Perfect figure.

So very disappointed with this new Harley. First of all, where's her signature mallet accessory? Secondly, she's much too lanky for BTAS Harley - she should be short and curvaceous, not elongated and emaciated! Plus, don't get me started on that awful hip gap problem.

Back