DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Welcome Eduardo Salceda! Nice setup, I think you are the 1st person here, who displays The Penguin with the teacup;)

Where did you get the background from? Can you share it?

Oh. my. God.

:thud:

Another absolutely perfect figure for this line!!!!

This just keeps getting better.

But, as usual, no cards... :gah:

Why can't DCC give the figures playing cards??

Mad Hatter NEEDS his mind control cards!!

Oh, well... Minor issue.

Imma make him some. :lecture

These are probably the same captures and I'm sorry I can't give credit where credit's due. Here are the raw images and slightly manipulated.
BTASCityBG.jpg
BTASCityBGb.jpg
BTASCityBG2.jpg
BTASCityBG2b.jpg

Thanks, McHaley!

I wonder if those images are in HQ enough so they can be expanded and printed?
I opened them, but I'm not quite sure about their quality.

You know, the background gotta be pretty big next to the figures...

Thanks for the link. [emoji4]
Wow, he really is perfect. I think he has the best cartoon-to-figure translation of anybody yet. I'm also very relieved to see that the 10/6 made it onto his hat card since it wasn't on the prototype. I love the idea of having him displayed with a deck of cards too. He's gonna be a good one.

TNBA Scarecrow, however, not so much. He needs his entire face repainted to look right. His mask needs to be a darker brown, his teeth should be white, and then there's the obvious black shadows all over. He's the first true misstep in the line. [emoji53]

Thanks for the link. [emoji4]
Wow, he really is perfect. I think he has the best cartoon-to-figure translation of anybody yet. I'm also very relieved to see that the 10/6 made it onto his hat card since it wasn't on the prototype. I love the idea of having him displayed with a deck of cards too. He's gonna be a good one.

TNBA Scarecrow, however, not so much. He needs his entire face repainted to look right. His mask needs to be a darker brown, his teeth should be white, and then there's the obvious black shadows all over. He's the first true misstep in the line. [emoji53]

Agreed!
Have you seen the final Harley Quinn too?
I'm in love with her. :thud:

Here: DC Collectibles: Carving a Batman: The Animated Series Pumpkin | DC Comics

Yes! She looks really great! There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her eyes. : )

Good catch on Catwoman's hips too- I didn't notice that.

Yes! She looks really great! There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with her eyes. : )

Good catch on Catwoman's hips too- I didn't notice that.

No, there isn't.
She's 100% perfect!!!

It's just that her eyelids weren't painted white - as they are on the show.
harley-quinn-animated-series-sweethearts.jpg

But I don't blame them, because on her model sheet, her eyelids are black:
harley_quinn_tas_1_by_aschell.jpg

But this is totally minor and nitipicking, as I'll simply paint them white.

Can't freaking wait for Harley! I picked up TBAS Bats the other day and love him! I am eagerly awaiting the Robin and Joker reissue. That Robin design has always been my favorite and DC Direct nailed it!

I've been thinking recently and I don't know how realistic it would be to do, but I think it would be awesome to see WB make an actual BTAS batmobile to go along with the other batmobiles that they have in their studio tour. Like I said, I have no idea if they could translate that design to real life, not to mention there's no real reason for them to do it in the first place, but it would be amazing to see. It certainly deserves a spot next to the all other batmobiles from the other films.

I've been thinking recently and I don't know how realistic it would be to do, but I think it would be awesome to see WB make an actual BTAS batmobile to go along with the other batmobiles that they have in their studio tour. Like I said, I have no idea if they could translate that design to real life, not to mention there's no real reason for them to do it in the first place, but it would be amazing to see. It certainly deserves a spot next to the all other batmobiles from the other films.

Like this?
01.jpg

It exists somewhere in the world. :thud:

Yea, I've seen that one. It's definitely cool, but it has the same problem as the old Kenner car. It's a one seater. They'd have to pull a NECA and beef it up a bit and get two seats in there.

Yea, I've seen that one. It's definitely cool, but it has the same problem as the old Kenner car. It's a one seater. They'd have to pull a NECA and beef it up a bit and get two seats in there.

Wait - did NECA make a real life batmobile!?

So, this is my TAS Batman.

I simply:

1. made his eyes bigger, by painting the rest of the sculpted eyes - perfect size
2. painted the mask under his chin, so that it doesn't look that big.
3. highlighted his mouth and "laugh lines" with very soft darker skin color line. (it doesn't appear on the photo, thanks to the lighting of my room and camera, but they are there - trust me)

Batman1.jpg

Back