DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Good news on the Man-Bat reissue. I missed out on him the first time around.

Got TNBA Batgirl but they gave me 2 closed fisted left hands. Do you guys think they'll send me a right one if I email them?

Haha well spotted CaptSpock :)

Basically I sculpted a mini coin for him and attached it to his hand with a thin wire, making it look like he is doing the coin toss ;)

Very nice, I may have to try that. Thanks!

^^ I got two of the same hand with my catwoman (and my TNBA batman had 2 right feet, plus they both broke right out of the package) but I just returned them and got replacements.

I change the stands to those that sfa is using and I move them to the bigger shelf ^^ (I still think they look much better on the black background)

I Love the pose you have your characters in zelu, especially the joker. I might have to attempt making him a card to copy yours. Seems weird that they didn't include one with him in the first place.

Zelu brings so much more life to the figures with his custom accessories and paint. These all look incredible!

I Love the pose you have your characters in zelu, especially the joker. I might have to attempt making him a card to copy yours. Seems weird that they didn't include one with him in the first place.

Yeah that's the problem with DCC giving Joker accessories specific to that particular episode - there's nothing really iconic for him accessory wise. They should've picked a different episode, one where he uses his playing cards or Joker bombs or even a Tommy gun.

And I agree, Zelu is great at getting his figures into fantastic poses!

I got Riddler and Batgirl yesterday and they're awesome - especially Riddler! In fact, as many have said before, he's pretty much perfect. Love him. And he looks great with the other BTAS rogues!

Actually, sfa, Joker DOES use his playing cards during "The Last Laugh" episode - the figure's specific episode.
In his final battle with Batman, he throws his cards towards Bats.

In fact, that's his classic card in The Animated Series, as he uses it several other times.

Too bad DCC didn't include it in the final product. Missed opportunity.
Same with Harley and her kissed card from "The Laughing Fish".

By the way, I managed to capture Joker's card, print it and give it to my figure.

If anyone wants it, here it goes:

Joker card1.png

I'm going to capture Harley's kissed card this week and print it for her, as she's coming next week. :)
I'll post it here later.

She's gonna look SO perfect with her gun and card. OMG
:monkey5 :drool

Actually, sfa, Joker DOES use his playing cards during "The Last Laugh" episode - the figure's specific episode.
In his final battle with Batman, he throws his cards towards Bats.

In fact, that's his classic card in The Animated Series, as he uses it several other times.

Too bad DCC didn't include it in the final product. Missed opportunity.
Same with Harley and her kissed card from "The Laughing Fish".

Ahhh yes, I forgot about that! At the end in the factory he does indeed use them. That just makes it more disappointing that they didn't include the cards with the figure. None of the other accessories are iconic at all.

Hopefully with some future Joker re-release or Trenchcoat Joker version we'll get better accessories like the Tommy gun, cards or Joker bombs.

Awesome display Zelu :clap

Man I look at your custom Batgirl and Ivy, I really hope DCC really tackles these ideas

:goodpost:

Those customs are gorgeous, I hope DCC can make them look as good (or even half as good) :lol

Zelu, do you have any close ups of the two? Recipes?

Thanks again guys, really needed a bust after ****** day at work :/

@meanstreak I posted the photos before but here are few

For the recipes, they are both based on Catwoman with shortened body parts and resculpted head/bodies. Send me PM if you have any more specific question :)

By the way, I managed to capture Joker's card, print it and give it to my figure.

If anyone wants it, here it goes:

View attachment 221513

I'm going to capture Harley's kissed card this week and print it for her, as she's coming next week. :)
I'll post it here later.

She's gonna look SO perfect with her gun and card. OMG
:monkey5 :drool

Do you have any pics of that alternate Batman you picked up?

Nice! His jaw does look more defined than some I've seen.

Those ears actually do look longer. I wish I could buy these in person so I could look for things like this.

The one thing that really irks me about the advent of computerized design is that while they do look fantastic on the computer screen, or when the prototype is stereo-lithographed, because all the proportions are precisely the same as the original model; but when it comes time to manufacture the retail figure they don't make any allowances for the shrinkage rates of the various polymers, whatsoever, and the results always pale in comparison. Surely this problem could easily be eliminate with only a little bit of inter-departmental communication. But no! We still continue to receive ugly warped figures...

Last edited:
Back