DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I’m surprised no-one here is talking about Jim mentioning another “cool figure” to be revealed today. I’m wondering who it could be. A female character like Huntress or Spoiler? Or another male, possibly Black Mask, Zsasz, or even The Batman Who Laughs? Lots of options now that any character is game.

Blebble! Are you serious?!? Lol :wink1:
Yes, it’s Azrael.
There was other stuff going on in the comics back when BTAS and TNBA was originally on the air lol.
View attachment 444653

Lol I love Batman but I do not collect everything about it, I barely know who his Azrael thanks to the Arkham games xDDD

I’m surprised no-one here is talking about Jim mentioning another “cool figure” to be revealed today. I’m wondering who it could be. A female character like Huntress or Spoiler? Or another male, possibly Black Mask, Zsasz, or even The Batman Who Laughs? Lots of options now that any character is game.

I'll go for Question Expression Pack :D

Lol I love Batman but I do not collect everything about it, I barely know who his Azrael thanks to the Arkham games xDDD

I'll go for Question Expression Pack :D

If you’re into the comics at all, the Knightfall series from the early 90s is worth checking out, IMO. Azrael and Bane were technically both introduced a little prior to that, but Knightfall serves as a pretty good introduction to both characters.

If you’re into the comics at all, the Knightfall series from the early 90s is worth checking out, IMO. Azrael and Bane were technically both introduced a little prior to that, but Knightfall serves as a pretty good introduction to both characters.

Agreed, Knightfall is a fun read and would make a terrific animated movie - Are you listening WB?

My guess for the 4th figure reveal today is Hush.

(My wish is for KGBeast)

I’ve been looking online trying to find out what it was all morning. Have yet to find anything.

My guess for the 4th is TDKR Armored Batman because Jim loves him so much.

I actually mentioned it yesterday about 2-3 pages back.

Ugh. I’m passing on that one lol.

same! why do we need another bulky Batman where there is a need for TNBA Penguin and Hatter and BTAS Red Claw, Maxie, Clock King, Lock Up and more...

Go home DCC, you are drunk!

Wow, I was right. Haha
Jim seems to get his favorites in and he said it was a big cool surprise, so it made sense to me. Plus, I was hoping for him so I could get some bulky legs for a Darkseid custom. [emoji16]

Annnnnnd thats a let down. Another armored bulked up Bat, an uninspired choice really. 3 out of 4 aint bad.......

Seems like DC Collectibles is pulling a Mattel/Toy Guru Shark Jump on the line. Hopefully they will stay on track and deliver the remaining in show figures.

I swear, I had that choice picked out last night. You can ask my brother, because that's what I texted him. [emoji39]
I think those legs could work for Darkseid too. That puts me in for the whole wave to be used as parts.

So, I heard a guy say on youtube last night that he talked to Jim yesterday about this new line. Jim said that they really want to squeeze the animated license dry, but are running out of characters and this "what if" line is their way of keep it going. I can't believe they can even think they're done with screen-accurate DCAU characters who would sell. ????

Black Mask could be cool looking. Still think Clock King, Maxie Zeus and Hugo strange would be cool sculpts.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Where is the batmobile BATMAN beyond .?????????

I don’t know any more what’s worse... if dccomics or hot toys !!!!

They should fire jim ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there’s a lot of cool characters they could put in this new concepts line. Black Mask, Zsasz, Hush, Professor Pyg, Calendar Man, Talon, Court of Owls. It’d be really interesting to see these characters.

But of course, I’d love to see them make more classic BTAS characters from the show too. Red Claw, Lock Up, Clock King, Maxie Zeus, Hugo Strange, Bruce Wayne etc.

So, I haven't watched this video yet but I guess Todd specifically mentions animated DC figures. (read under the video in the attached screenshot)
https://toynewsi.com/10-32859
067474f8e8853f3ec55e8453c50d27dc.jpg

same! why do we need another bulky Batman where there is a need for TNBA Penguin and Hatter and BTAS Red Claw, Maxie, Clock King, Lock Up and more...

Go home DCC, you are drunk!
Indeed!
I suppose Bulky Batman looks a lot thinner when you’re wearing Beer Goggles.
Hopefully someone over there sobers up soon and takes the keys.

I think my only complaint about the armored Batman is that he isn’t bulky enough, and, by that, I mean he looks like a TAS or TNBA Batman wearing the TDKR armored suit. I kind of wish they could’ve made him reflect the Miller-based design from the Legends of the Dark Knight episode a bit more so he might fit in better with the 3-pack.

Back