DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I think the repaint is awesome, mainly the joker one which imo is the best animated Joker representation I have ever seen. I only wish they made this new wave with the new articulation, it's a missed opportunity to have at least batman and joker re-made.

Enviado desde mi Redmi Note 7 mediante Tapatalk

The DC Collectibles panel is this morning. They'll put more figures in the display after that.

Will buy these rereleased garbage when they are on steep discount and rotting online

Damn what is left for them to do other than random villains though :dunno

I suppose a Barbara Gordon and a bunch of Bruce Wayne’s in different outfits

There are a few more Templeton designs coming.
f38c022d35f250ab32aabae0261e22bb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Talon will be nice. I don't mind them going outside the cartoon, but it would be nice to slip some actual characters in there as well.

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I was hoping for a new Batman beyond batmobile... old Gordon ... and few other ..jokers etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On the one hand? I’m a firm believer in the idea of the Batman Who Laughs being a trash character. On the other, assuming they aren’t just going to pad the line out with a bunch of repaints and mix a new character or two from the actual show in (Clock King, Bruce Wayne, etc.)? I could maybe get behind it. Templeton’s designs veering closet to TNBA’s style kind of gives me hope that they could fill in some of the gaps there, as well. I’d still like to see a Penguin and Ventriloquist from that line. But, as far as Robin goes, I feel like someone at SDCC should bring up that this would be a solid opportunity to give him a new articulated body and a helmet for use with the Batcycle.

On the one hand? I’m a firm believer in the idea of the Batman Who Laughs being a trash character. On the other, assuming they aren’t just going to pad the line out with a bunch of repaints and mix a new character or two from the actual show in (Clock King, Bruce Wayne, etc.)? I could maybe get behind it. Templeton’s designs veering closet to TNBA’s style kind of gives me hope that they could fill in some of the gaps there, as well. I’d still like to see a Penguin and Ventriloquist from that line. But, as far as Robin goes, I feel like someone at SDCC should bring up that this would be a solid opportunity to give him a new articulated body and a helmet for use with the Batcycle.

Thorne is a must and Man wolf and Tygrus c’mon DCC

Would anyone want a Langstrom, his wife of female Man Bat

What was Thorne’s female assistant..maybe her and Mavis

Does this mean the new paint for Ivy, Freeze, Bane, and Croc will have highlights? Hmmmmm...

I certainly dont want a whole range of wierd batman figures,.

Does this mean the new paint for Ivy, Freeze, Bane, and Croc will have highlights? Hmmmmm...

Better not. Highlights have a very artificial feel to me. They’d better focus more on fixing ivy’s short neck and face paint. And even if they use the highlights it would only work for freeze and partially for bane. neither ivy nor croc had highlights in the original design.

The "inspired by" line might end up being a pass from me altogether. I don't need figures that weren't in the shows, and DCC even made an animated Talon before based on the straight-to-video New 52 series of cartoon continuity. Characters not even around during the BTAS era are of even less of an interest to me than non-canon figures that are at least from the correct time period.

And since this series is a separate Ty Templeton series, I can't see them sprinkling in Batman characters from the shows that we still need (TNBA Penguin, BTAS Bruce Wayne, Clock King, etc.). This seems more in line with the artist alley figures now.

Well, I sure am glad there's gonna be a ****ing Batman Who Laughs before Blight, Inque, Mad Stan, Lobo, Metallo, Toyman, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Brainiac, Darkseid, Solomon Grundy, The Question, Jonah Hex, Killer Frost...

tenor.gif

Back