DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

My 5/10 Entertainment Earth order for this newest wave finally arrived yesterday- they are all great figures, with Scarecrow definitely being the standout!

View attachment 454856

Here's a look at my (now VERY packed) BTAS shelf:

View attachment 454857

Also, since I now have a BTAS Two-Face, I'm looking to sell my TNBA Two-Face. It's in great shape with all accessories and original packaging, so PM me if you are interested!

So do they all have the new leg articulation..is it better than before :dunno

I know there are many more characters they could make, but it's feeling really complete to me right now. I do have the batwing/batcave and have the batcycle preordered, just don't have the room to display them at the moment.

View attachment 455635

Where can I get that light up yellow bat symbol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know there are many more characters they could make, but it's feeling really complete to me right now. I do have the batwing/batcave and have the batcycle preordered, just don't have the room to display them at the moment.

View attachment 455635

I love those displays! so nice and clean! (As much as I love the black shelves to go with the Batman theme, the figures look so good on the white ones!)

As grateful as I am to have the new wave of figures considering I truly thought we’d never get Scarecrow or Two-Face, am I the only one who thinks that DCC really dropped the ball with the paint apps (particularly on Scarecrow, which is otherwise a terrific figure)? I had to order and return four Two-Face figures before I got one with clean paint on the face, and I have been through at least ten Scarecrow at this point and have yet to find one that has no black slop around the mouth/teeth as pictured below. I ended up just using paint remover on his lower lip (?) and touching up the areas around the teeth and eyes myself, but I’m still searching for a clean one, although I’m beginning to think they were all shipped this way, especially after looking at the photos that people are posting on here. The thing that really gets me is the sites that were provided figures by DCC to review, like toy hype (https://www.toyhypeusa.com/2019/04/...gray-ghost-scarecrow-two-face-figures-review/) have figures that are perfectly clean. Do they get special hand-painted or hand-selected figures or something? I don’t remember this being an issue with the earlier figures in this line. Looking back on the first three or four waves I never had to exchange a figure because of paint slop. For the most part the eyes and mouth were very clean. Scarecrow was the figure I was most looking forward to, and it’s so frustrating that I can’t find one with clean paint apps.

Attachments

• E0A314A0-4B32-483F-8B32-2FCA745E2F7C.jpeg
    E0A314A0-4B32-483F-8B32-2FCA745E2F7C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 229
  • 437DBB0E-A486-4340-8D19-E69AACFEEBE1.jpeg
    437DBB0E-A486-4340-8D19-E69AACFEEBE1.jpeg
    189.8 KB · Views: 233
  • F3AE023F-3207-4DC8-A62D-FABA6ED1002A.jpeg
    F3AE023F-3207-4DC8-A62D-FABA6ED1002A.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 227

The thing that really gets me is the sites that were provided figures by DCC to review, like toy hype (https://www.toyhypeusa.com/2019/04/...gray-ghost-scarecrow-two-face-figures-review/) have figures that are perfectly clean. Do they get special hand-painted or hand-selected figures or something?

I highly suspect that many of the reviewers that get the figures in advance from DCC get the gems of the bunch.

As grateful as I am to have the new wave of figures considering I truly thought we’d never get Scarecrow or Two-Face, am I the only one who thinks that DCC really dropped the ball with the paint apps (particularly on Scarecrow, which is otherwise a terrific figure)? I had to order and return four Two-Face figures before I got one with clean paint on the face, and I have been through at least ten Scarecrow at this point and have yet to find one that has no black slop around the mouth/teeth as pictured below. I ended up just using paint remover on his lower lip (?) and touching up the areas around the teeth and eyes myself, but I’m still searching for a clean one, although I’m beginning to think they were all shipped this way, especially after looking at the photos that people are posting on here. The thing that really gets me is the sites that were provided figures by DCC to review, like toy hype (https://www.toyhypeusa.com/2019/04/...gray-ghost-scarecrow-two-face-figures-review/) have figures that are perfectly clean. Do they get special hand-painted or hand-selected figures or something? I don’t remember this being an issue with the earlier figures in this line. Looking back on the first three or four waves I never had to exchange a figure because of paint slop. For the most part the eyes and mouth were very clean. Scarecrow was the figure I was most looking forward to, and it’s so frustrating that I can’t find one with clean paint apps.

I was quite lucky with the paint on 3 characters but Two Face was bad and he had someone's fingerprint on his blue side.. :D

I another news some new customs from me and updated (very crowded) shelfie :)

Beautiful, as always, Zelu! I’d forgotten about some of those customs. Amazing!

Jaw dropping as always.......

Very impressive! I do wish that had been the Ra’s we got instead of the one we did. I always preferred his suit look. Never would have thought of Robin as Lee! :lol very creative!

How jealous are we of that collection!! Brilliant, i think most of us would buy them all if they were ever released.

Thank you very much guys!! I wish DCC would release all / most of those characters so I didn't have to make customs. They look nice but they are fragile and you cannot pose them without risking the paint rubbing off :/ COME ON DCC! Give us few more waves!

Thank you very much guys!! I wish DCC would release all / most of those characters so I didn't have to make customs. They look nice but they are fragile and you cannot pose them without risking the paint rubbing off :/ COME ON DCC! Give us few more waves!

Do you seal the paint? Or still risky?
When I made customs I’d use a dull coat sealer but they were sports figures and not really articulated so that wasn’t an issue

Do you seal the paint? Or still risky?
When I made customs I’d use a dull coat sealer but they were sports figures and not really articulated so that wasn’t an issue

Yes I do put a coat of a clear varnish on top but the problem are the joints. Even when I sand them down when you move the figure the paint rubs off (especially on the legs/crotch area due to the stupid design) The rest is fine :)

Got my Two Face and Scarecrow today, I've gotta say Crane is the best figure of this whole line in my opinion! But I'm still very disappointed with DCC for not giving us the bases... It's really ridicolous. Anyway, I've scanned Hardac and upgraded the Gray Ghost one too. Feel free to download and use them guys ;)

downolad all bases here---> https://sta.sh/21tu0940bfil

preview :p
View attachment 454696View attachment 454697

Have managed to print out your turnarounds and apply them to some spare bases - thanks blebble, much appreciated

DSC02507.jpg

Fantastic! Where would y’all recommend getting those bases to stick the labels to?

Yes I do put a coat of a clear varnish on top but the problem are the joints. Even when I sand them down when you move the figure the paint rubs off (especially on the legs/crotch area due to the stupid design) The rest is fine :)

Which clear varnish do you use? Vallejo? Spray or with brush? Thank you

Back