DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I don't recall seeing DC Direct stuff at Toys R Us, though they have sold that stuff at FYE's in the past.

Local comicbook stores, Books-A-Million, Barnes and Noble, FYE and Sam Goody stores will carry this line for the people that want to shop for them in person.

Dcbs is solid when it comes to shipping. Usually takes them about a week or two to get stuff out after it's out a comic stores though.

I'll be playing the waiting game and pass on Wave 1. Thankfully for me, I didn't preorder any of them. I buy these types of figures in person so I can see what I'm getting QC and paint wise.

I wish I had your resolve! Even if I hadn't already pre-ordered these, I doubt I'd be able to resist. Even with the holes.

Catwoman is on the list for next week. Still no Freeze or Two-Face...

Sallah

I don't recall seeing DC Direct stuff at Toys R Us, though they have sold that stuff at FYE's in the past.

Local comicbook stores, Books-A-Million, Barnes and Noble, FYE and Sam Goody stores will carry this line for the people that want to shop for them in person.

Dcbs is solid when it comes to shipping. Usually takes them about a week or two to get stuff out after it's out a comic stores though.

Thank you, gents. :duff

I'll probably get seven of the eight characters from BTAS, one of each to leave MIB. That means I'm passing on TNBA Batman in favor of Catwoman.

Is anyone here planning on getting the Catwoman with the pegholes? Or is it better to wait for a reissue that may never come? Because even with the unsightly pegholes, I'd rather own a CW figure than miss out entirely.

I am in the opposite camp on that. The packaging is actually costing them extra sales from me... Had it ROCKED, had it featured art specific to the character/episode or something- I would have been buying 2 (one to open and one to keep sealed).

The packaging with these is just that... Packaging. Something there just to keep my figures safe until they get to my house. I see no need in displaying that, so I won't have any qualms about throwing it right in the trash and enjoying my one loose set. :)

Sallah

That's why I figure it was a cash grab. They go out of their way to tout these as figures "for collectors," and yet, they don't do some variation of their newly designed "collector friendly" packaging from the designer series. The only thing I can think of is that they wanted people who like to display their figures and keep them MOC to buy duplicates, and that makes me sad.

Nothing a revision wave wouldn't fix right? It would stink for the people that already bought the "first versions", but it's not out of the question.

Production runs change all the time, sometimes with minimal variation differences, sometimes with drastic ones. Toy Biz, Hasbro, NECA Mattel, etc. have had so many different production variants from their movie lines to comic/cartoon. Sometimes these consist of small paint variations to a completely different tool. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a revision of this Wave 1 TNBA Batman (along with Catwoman, Two-Face and Freeze) where the hip holes are non-existent and smoothed over like the shoulders, especially if DCC has a problem with it too.

Like you stated, this is the perfect example that they're capable of changing the tooling of the joints.

0_zpsedc19de1.jpg

With Wave 2 delayed and pushed back for next year, I could see Joker, Robin, Man-Bat and Ivy showing up free of hip holes. There will be a ton of Wave 1 produced, I'm sure if/when DCC smooths over the holes, Wave 1 gets revised in later batches too for consistency.

So long as they change the packaging design when they issue that "revision wave," as well, I'm game.

This is kinda nifty... There is a little folded up paper showing the first 3 waves in the line hidden under the stand. :)

batfigures.jpg

Sallah

Oh look! No holes in those pictures! People won't have any complaints about that paper then! :lol Was Joker that much taller than Robin in TAS?

Seeing them all on that sheet like that... I still have to pinch myself to know that we are actually getting this line and it isn't some dream.

-Sallah

Screw it. At least this way I won't have to open them. I'll just buy the posters and display those.:lol

Nope.

It's just the way they photoshopped them into the layout.

EDIT:

On second thought. :lol

View attachment 147167

We might have a midget on our hands.

I can't find any good photos, but it seems Joker and Batman are close in height. Bats might be a bit taller...

m4hTaTs.jpg

and Robin looks significantly shorter than Bats, so maybe the figures are in scale? Ivy looks bigger than Robin too, although she has a giant head.

xVh0dk0.jpg
0t4X2vr.png

They said they are basing these off the original model sheets, so Robin should be a full head shorter than Batman.

Still... the pic is a photoshop job and may not accurately reflect the figure heights.

Sallah

Back