DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

^ No, Harley Quinn is in Wave 3. Here are the first four waves:

Wave 1: (TNBA) Batman, Two-Face, Mr Freeze (BTAS) Catwoman

Wave 2: (TNBA) Poison Ivy (BTAS) Joker, Robin, Man-Bat

Wave 3: (TNBA) Robin, Killer Croc & Baby Doll, The Creeper (BTAS) Harley Quinn

Wave 4: (TNBA) Batgirl (BTAS) Batman, Riddler, Penguin

We won't see wave four for a long...long time :(

This photo that Paul Dini tweeted shows us that the BTAS figures will have the red & black Batman logo/color-scheme so that's good news.

The bad news is that they clearly still have the holes in the legs....... looks like that's what we're getting.

Those look great! People are making a big deal about the peg holes, but those aren't that noticeable, imo. It's strange, because DCC has never used that before.

Hopefully they do fix that for the rest of the line.

The shoulders and elbows don't have pegs, but the early prototypes at TF and SDCC had them. Why didn't they do the same for the hips and knees? DCC has done that with other figures. No pegs showing at the joints.

This line would greatly benefit from that since the designs are so simple. The pegs are glaring.

I might jump back onto this line but I'll be waiting for in-hand pics now.

Its almost tempting to leave these figures mint in box because they look nice (particularly the packaging for the Batman: The Animated Series figures), but I'm not really a mint in box collector.

Its almost tempting to leave these figures mint in box because they look nice (particularly the packaging for the Batman: The Animated Series figures), but I'm not really a mint in box collector.

Simple, buy two of each! :)

Those look great! People are making a big deal about the peg holes, but those aren't that noticeable, imo. It's strange, because DCC has never used that before.

Yeah, in fact, between peg holes and having stupid semi-statues, I'd pick peg holes any day of the week.

People are making a big deal about the peg holes, but those aren't that noticeable, imo. It's strange, because DCC has never used that before.

Pics are blurry, I can see em'. I can even see them on Catwoman and Two-Face.

And that's the thing, you're right, they've never been on any DCD, Mattel, Toy Biz or NECA figures before. There's really no reason to have the pins. Hopefully they do fix that for the rest of the line. Sachiel said it best, shoulders and elbows are fine. The prototypes looked perfect. There's no reason for those holes to be there, filled or not. Looks cheap. Robin will really suffer if they keep it up considering his colors are so bright.

That's the only thing that stinks about these.

I don't see why they couldn't have inserted the pins from behind the figure. Pins that would've snapped into a socket on the inside of the front leg.
Oh well.

It's just so strange when 1. their prototypes and 3D design mock ups didn't have them, 2. their Arkham and Arrow figures don't have them, 3. no company that's made 6"/7" figures have put them in there.

Maybe the legs are thinner than the usual legs so the peg protrudes? It is a very stylized design.

I really hope they're gone when the final product is released.

But between that and no joint at all...

It's just so strange when 1. their prototypes and 3D design mock ups didn't have them, 2. their Arkham and Arrow figures don't have them, 3. no company that's made 6"/7" figures have put them in there.
Jazwares' 6" Space Ghost figure had them. But yeah...it's not a common design.

I was thinking the same thing, then I thought about the 1983 Joes and the latest 2014 Power Rangers who are thinner and smaller than these guys.

dukeV1 copy.jpg

(those Power Rangers are crazy articulated by the way. I don't know how they managed to fit the joints in there AND make it aesthetically pleasing and streamlined)

I dunno. Maybe that's why Wave 2 got delayed, so they can work on the legs so they don't have the holes. I wouldn't mind. If there's any problems with the production with these things, hopefully all the kinks are worked out by Wave 3 BTAS Batman. They're probably just finding their footing for now.

As far as complaints go, peg holes <<<< collector friendly packaging, IMO.

But that's not the same kind of articulation, they're using DC Universe Classics' style articulation.

I believe those are ball joints no? In any case, ball joints would have been more friendly with the design, they could have made the briefs of a softer plastic, and have the legs on ball joints, you get rotation, swivel and splits, and no ugly lines and holes on the thighs.

Like the DKR from Mattel.

review_batunl_8.jpg

The Power Ranger has like 3-4 joints in the hip alone that you can't see, including this cool little sheath thing that lets them do this extreme high kick. I don't think it's a simple ball joint, and if it is, it's the most complex one I've seen. I was just pointing out that the legs on them are even smaller and thinner than these figures and yet, look how sleek it looks.

Good point about TDKR Batman too. I love that thing. That and the upcoming NECA game '89 Batman have those trunks that make the legs look seamless. It'd be cool on these.

Yup, it's a really seamless way to do it.

I would love if they did that with the TAS Batman, but they'll probably use the same style as the TBA.

All we can hope is that they cover dem holes.

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I doubt DCC is making any changes. I really haven't heard people complaining about the peg holes outside of SSF. Wave 2 and 3 are probably delayed because they have too much stuff coming out , or it's a business strategy to make sure the figures sell well. If they release too many figures at the same time, each costing $20+ dollars, they might not sell well because people might not buy all of them, but if they only release 4 figures every 6 months, then they might sell better. Maybe they aren't sure about this line and they just want to test the waters with 4 figures and see how they sell before they invest too much time and money on this line, which is why they should have started the line with BTAS Batman, not TNA.

It's possible that DCC is making some changes, and if they do, great, but if they don't, I don't mind because I think the figures look fine as long as the quality of the paint is good.

They seem pretty confident in the line to already have four waves of figures announced and more in development. I think that the delay could be a combination of making improvements and like you said they possibly realize that releasing a bunch close together may lead to lower sales whereas releasing waves of four figures every few months or so will probably sell better.

So OG 90s Batman is in wave 4? With the riddler and two others I forgot that were pictures at one of the displays?

What would be really annoying to me is if they do cover the holes in future waves, therefore leaving us with a load of figures from earlier waves with holes. That would make them stick out like a sore thumb even more. I like uniformity so I'd prefer all of them either have the holes or all of them don't. I guess they could go back a re-do the early figures again so they match new hole-less ones, but that's just asking for collector outcry.

Back