DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Honestly my fav reveal is the Joker pack.. Those headsculpts are PERFECT. We finally got the definitive BTAS Joker. DCC did a great job with that!

I'm torn between the Joker pack and the Nora Snowglobe as my favorite reveal.

The globe has arguably been my most wanted accessory since the beginning of the line, for real. I cannot tell how many times I've posted about it in this thread.

So, seriously, I'm on cloud nine now.

Love Trenchcoat Joker from the face down, but the brim on the hat is about 20% too small. Unfortunately, I'd be kind of afraid of what would happen if they made it wider. Really hate to see it end up like TNBA Scarecrow's hat. God, they ****ing mangled that figure...

Also, where is Freeze's protective head dome (for lack of a better term)?

Last edited:

I just wonder if only one head will have the hat because that angry laughing one on the right is straight out of Phantasm...with his hat. I was really hoping for that face. I can't get over how well they did each likeness. I do believe they may have just sold me on their Mad Love 2pk now.

Love Trenchcoat Joker from the face down, but the brim on the hat is about 10-20% too small. Unfortunately, I'd be kind of afraid of what would happen if they made it wider. Really hate to see it end up like TNBA Scarecrow's hat. God, they ****ing mangled that figure...

They obviously didn't put dome there for breakage reasons. The proto plastic might be fragile.
Last year, the Ventriloquist's glasses completely broke.

Understandable and smart choice.

Also, I would like to see more photos of Trenchcoat Joker's hat, to check it out better. You're probably right about it.

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-006.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-011.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-010.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-008.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-007.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-026.jpg

Toy-Fair-2017-DC-Collectibles-025.jpg

Love Trenchcoat Joker from the face down, but the brim on the hat is about 20% too small. Unfortunately, I'd be kind of afraid of what would happen if they made it wider. Really hate to see it end up like TNBA Scarecrow's hat. God, they ****ing mangled that figure...

LOL They usually don't put globes on preview, dunno why xD I remember first Freeze release didn't had it too in the prototype ;) Final product will have it, don't worry.

I'm torn between the Joker pack and the Nora Snowglobe as my favorite reveal.

The globe has arguably been my most wanted accessory since the beginning of the line, for real. I cannot tell how many times I've posted about it in this thread.

So, seriously, I'm on cloud nine now.

Yeah I remember xDD To me that Joker faces just killed all. Simply the best sculpt in the all line imo :D Super happy and surprised to see that xDD
Also I'm glad they've fixed Batgirl s'proportions! Now looks awesome!
Immagine5.jpg

I need this Bane right now

Freeze looks like he's smiling. That makes me happy for him.

I would smile too, look those terrible poses of the figures... Who put these figure in such a bad poses?? xDDD Croc is so funny... hahaha He's like "WTF I'm doing?"

I would smile too, look those terrible poses of the figures... Who put these figure in such a bad poses?? xDDD Croc is so funny... hahaha He's like "WTF I'm doing?"

Agreed on the poses lol

Yes, man!! I noticed it!

She looks just like your photoshopped fixed proto image!
Looks gorgeous!! Her face is even chubbier, as it should be. Beautiful!!

Yeah! I agree xD

No preview for Catwoman and Riddler TNBA by the way.. Looks like they don't care so much about it xD

I totally agree. I love every single reveal, but the hat does bug me a bit. Especially since the Trench Coat Joker from Kenner had a very characteristic length mirroring the cartoon quite well.

The Joker Expressions pack is BE-A-U-TIFUL!

They're saving their bigger reveals for SDCC, I imagine. We've seen Supes and Lois too many times, already. I really wanna know if the line is moving forward and who will be in the first wave.

Immagine5.jpg
The coat remind me Gordon's one, also his arms, probably it's a re-use. Looks so freakin awesome!

They obviously didn't put dome there for breakage reasons. The proto plastic might be fragile.
Last year, the Ventriloquist's glasses completely broke.

Understandable and smart choice.

Also, I would like to see more photos of Trenchcoat Joker's hat, to check it out better. You're probably right about it.

I was inspecting some of the pics of Freeze again after posting that and just by looking at the scuffs and scratches in the paint and that crack on the shoulder, I'm guessing the dome actually already did break.
And in MOTP, the brim of Joker's hat is drawn, depending on the shot, around shoulder width and sometimes a touch less than that. It's a little narrower in "Joker's Favor," but still significantly wider than on the figure.

Also it looks like they might have tweaked Superman's chin. Looks a bit more like my photoshop from a few months back and closer to his actual look in the show. :clap

S. Griffin, League of Shadows, the hat looks a bit wider here, I believe.

But still kinda smaller than it should be. And the reason for that is probably the one Griffin said (TNBA Scarecrow's hat problems).

I do not think it ruins the figure, but certainly my OCD is screaming.
If I end up fiding it too small once I have it in hands, I'll probably widen it out myself. Should be an easy fixup.

S. Griffin, League of Shadows, the hat looks a bit wider here, I believe.

But still kinda smaller than it should be. And the reason for that is probably the one Griffin said (TNBA Scarecrow's hat problems).

I do not think it ruins the figure, but certainly my OCD is screaming.
If I end up fiding it too small once I have it in hands, I'll probably widen it out myself. Should be an easy fixup.

All they have to do is not make it out of vinyl, and at least if it bends or warps, and the customer has to heat it up to straighten it out, it oughtta stay that way :slap

I am giddy as a schoolgirl over that Joker expressions pack. Those headsculpts are just fantastic. I'm curious, though, what's the other one by the Jokerbot's feet?

Last edited:
Back