DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

It might be! I thought it looked a little bigger, but I can't really tell to be honest lol. I'm hoping Clayface is a bit taller, but yea they should be pretty close

guess we have to wait for some comparison... hope to see clayface soon here in Italy too xD but actually it cost less for me to buy figures from UK.. here in Italy shops who import these figure have crazy prices... my Gordon wave came from a UK ebay shop. I've saved about 60 dollars :D

HAHAHAHAHAH tell me about it right!? I followed him on Instagram now since he seems to get the figures early somehow, grateful that he posts pics of them :D

he's damn lucky.. X_X btw i'm really confused about how these figure are imported/sold in the world... :confused:

I'm new to this line, and I have a question I'm hoping some of you could answer for me. What's the difference between the original Batmobile and the Deluxe Batmobile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm new to this line, and I have a question I'm hoping some of you could answer for me. What's the difference between the original Batmobile and the Deluxe Batmobile?

The original Batmobile has a matte gray paint scheme on the grille, portions of the hood, and rims, while the deluxe edition features chrome paint on those portions of the car. Additionally, the deluxe edition includes a Batman figure featuring a newly painted head and fabric cape, a Robin figure, also with a fabric cape, and a Batsignal, which also features a chrome finish compared to its counterpart packaged with the Batman and Robin 2-pack.

The original Batmobile has a matte gray paint scheme on the grille, portions of the hood, and rims, while the deluxe edition features chrome paint on those portions of the car. Additionally, the deluxe edition includes a Batman figure featuring a newly painted head and fabric cape, a Robin figure, also with a fabric cape, and a Batsignal, which also features a chrome finish compared to its counterpart packaged with the Batman and Robin 2-pack.

That's a big help. Thanks for info.

That's a big help. Thanks for info.

No problem! It really is a fantastic starter set for this line. I already had the original Batmobile, so, I opted for the Batsignal 2-pack with the matte finish and sans the Batmobile, but, for the price? The Batman included is, in my opinion, superior to the first release in terms of the newly painted HS, the Batsignal, while a bit undersized compared to the show, looks great with the figures, and the Batmobile is fantastic. I can't speak for the chrome paintjobs, but they look great in pics and Robin is a solid figure all his own.

btw i'm really confused about how these figure are imported/sold in the world... :confused:

My take on it is that they are made in the China/Asia area, all items are shipped to their different zones at the same time (USA, Europe, Asia, Oceania, etc). The Asian allotment of course has the shortest distance to travel so is distributed to their stores quicker as it would be easier and cheaper than holding them in storage while waiting for the other countries to get their shipments.

I also imagine that some of those countries also have a more "relaxed" relationship with DCC and just sells things as they get them while the western countries stick to release dates set by DCC (Australia for example always releases their figures and comics the same day as the US does) as they could also be seen as the major markets for these products and therefore work on a closer and stronger relationship.

I could be wrong of course but that has always been my take on it :)

Hi... I've been following this thread since November last year, but this is my first time to post something here.

I was surprised that these figures came in early in our local comicbook stores. The Harvey Bullock, Ventriloquist, Talia, and the TNBA Joker is already available here since wednesday last week, Clayface and the Batwing available since Thursday. By the way, I'm from Manila, Philippines.

Christmas came early...:rotfl finally got my Batman The Animated Series Batwing! SUPER HAPPY!!! :yess:

DSC_8603.jpg

Christmas came early...:rotfl finally got my Batman The Animated Series Batwing! SUPER HAPPY!!! :yess:

View attachment 302987

congratulation ;) damn.. looks HUGE O_O ..can you post some pics of it if you have time? would be great to see some details! xD

My take on it is that they are made in the China/Asia area, all items are shipped to their different zones at the same time (USA, Europe, Asia, Oceania, etc). The Asian allotment of course has the shortest distance to travel so is distributed to their stores quicker as it would be easier and cheaper than holding them in storage while waiting for the other countries to get their shipments.

I also imagine that some of those countries also have a more "relaxed" relationship with DCC and just sells things as they get them while the western countries stick to release dates set by DCC (Australia for example always releases their figures and comics the same day as the US does) as they could also be seen as the major markets for these products and therefore work on a closer and stronger relationship.

I could be wrong of course but that has always been my take on it :)

make sense! thanks for the reply xD

anyone had this idea yet? xD easy custom I think... the emblem should be easy to remove, paint and then glue on again :D I'm thinkin to try it with a spare Nightwing....

xdccaug150305.jpg

No problem! It really is a fantastic starter set for this line. I already had the original Batmobile, so, I opted for the Batsignal 2-pack with the matte finish and sans the Batmobile, but, for the price? The Batman included is, in my opinion, superior to the first release in terms of the newly painted HS, the Batsignal, while a bit undersized compared to the show, looks great with the figures, and the Batmobile is fantastic. I can't speak for the chrome paintjobs, but they look great in pics and Robin is a solid figure all his own.

Okay, great, trying to get my local comic book shop to order me this line. He said he could get them for pretty cheap. I think I'll definitely start off with the Deluxe Batmobile.

View attachment 302987

Hey, you live like 15 minutes away from me. I knew to this line, but I thought the Batwing wasn't supposed to be released until December. Where did you order it from?

congratulation ;) damn.. looks HUGE O_O ..can you post some pics of it if you have time? would be great to see some details! xD

my brother was surprised when I got home carrying the box... he thought I bought a TV haha!

For now I won't be able to post photos, can't open the box until Christmas Day LOL

Hey, you live like 15 minutes away from me. I knew to this line, but I thought the Batwing wasn't supposed to be released until December. Where did you order it from?

Where are you from brother? I thought the same, but when I got to the mall, SM North Edsa Filbar's, I was surprised to see Clayface and was already thinking of buying it... but then when I looked on the opposite side, I saw this DAMN HUGE BOX then dropped Clayface and then decided to just get the Batwing first.

Wish I could buy both, but already out of budget LOL

my brother was surprised when I got home carrying the box... he thought I bought a TV haha!

For now I won't be able to post photos, can't open the box until Christmas Day LOL

LOL no problem! xD actually tv boxes are smaller ahahaha :D

DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Where are you from brother? I thought the same, but when I got to the mall, SM North Edsa Filbar's, I was surprised to see Clayface and was already thinking of buying it... but then when I looked on the opposite side, I saw this DAMN HUGE BOX then dropped Clayface and then decided to just get the Batwing first.

Wish I could buy both, but already out of budget LOL

Oh, maybe I was I wrong. I live like 15 minutes away from where the package was originally shipped to. That's pretty awesome that you were able to find it. I can't wait to get me one.

I haven't started collecting these yet, but man, it is testing my self control. We have been watching the series with my kids and reliving my childhood. And now that most of the figures are $15 on Amazon, I think I'm jumping in.
Any tips on who to avoid and which figures to target first?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I haven't started collecting these yet, but man, it is testing my self control. We have been watching the series with my kids and reliving my childhood. And now that most of the figures are $15 on Amazon, I think I'm jumping in.

That's a good question. I would love to hear the answer to that, since I'm brand new to the line also.

Who to target first would really be up to preference. Wave 1 (TNBA Batman, Two Face and Freeze + BTAS Catwoman) was the wave with the worst QC issues. Catwoman and Batman were released again with better plastic, and have their formerly exposed pegholes covered up. So you'll want to try and find the newer versions of those 2.

Here's a checklist of the figures
https://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=32530
https://www.itsalltrue.net/?page_id=32541

Back