DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

That Riddler is... ugh... haha. Don't know why they bothered with him. He never even had an episode. He got a cameo in "Over the Edge" and the only other time that design shows up is in STAS episode "Knight Time". But cool for anyone who wanted that version.

I used to like that redesign when I first saw it, reminded me of Alex DeLarge but it didn't look great once animated though. He was also in "Judgement Day" although it was a cameo but he still had a line.

His new design worked very well in the Gotham Adventures book and they used him a fair bit, but then updated his costume with a blazer and trousers etc.

Haha that would be awesome. Like the face he makes after Harley tells him to call her and he says "Don't press your luck" lol
Exactly! I was trying to think of a good example from the show but couldn't lol

I used to like that redesign when I first saw it, reminded me of Alex DeLarge but it didn't look great once animated though. He was also in "Judgement Day" although it was a cameo but he still had a line.

His new design worked very well in the Gotham Adventures book and they used him a fair bit, but then updated his costume with a blazer and trousers etc.

Ahh, forgot about Judgement day. Haven't read many of the Gotham Adventures comics. As a kid I probably stopped before Lost Years. Been reading through all of those on occasion and I'm almost up to Gotham Adventures. I just honestly didn't expect to see him. Or at least not this soon. I expected that little midget Mad Hatter before him lol.

Also, imagine that flying cape on Batman as he jumps from the Batwing suspended from the ceiling. That would looks so awesome

Not getting the Batman Expressions Pack.

I already own two BTAS Batmen - not getting a third one just to have multiple capes and faces.
Not my cup of tea, don't need so many capes and faces.

I'm happy, though, for the ones who wanted more capes and now are getting it.

I'm surprised they didn't include a wraparound cape in that additional capes pack. It seems like it would've been an obvious choice.

I just wanted a freaking new major BTAS villian. Ivy, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Freeze, Bane... ANYONE!!!

Goddamn!!

555.gif

February will be here before you know it. Meantime, you have a Gordon, a Bullock, and a friggin' Batwing, among others to hold us over.:lol

Not getting the Batman Expressions Pack.

I already own two BTAS Batmen - not getting a third one just to have multiple capes and faces.
Not my cup of tea, don't need so many capes and faces.

True that! I definitely don't need a 3rd Batman, even if I get the Batwing. I'm down with that cape though! It looks so awesome. As for the heads, I do like that "Harvey noo" head, and the one to the right of it, I just can't see myself using that head on my shelf.

I just wanted a freaking new major BTAS villian. Ivy, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Freeze, Bane... ANYONE!!!

Goddamn!!

I'm sure there will be someone else to go with that Riddler and Catwoman, unless they're counting the Superman pack as part of that wave or something. But yea, one of them would be such an awesome reveal. Any of them or Croc would be ideal

True that! I definitely don't need a 3rd Batman, even if I get the Batwing. I'm down with that cape though! It looks so awesome. As for the heads, I do like that "Harvey noo" head, and the one to the right of it, I just can't see myself using that head on my shelf.

I just need one Batman face. LMAO
I'm actually pretty satisfied with the MOTP one's face. I find it very good and suits me.

I would only buy a new BTAS Batman if DCC made his head just like the Kenner Combat Belt one, but since all those new "expressions" heads were based on the MOTP face, I can't justify a new Batman.

I'm sure there will be someone else to go with that Riddler and Catwoman, unless they're counting the Superman pack as part of that wave or something. But yea, one of them would be such an awesome reveal. Any of them or Croc would be ideal.

Jesus! Croc!!! So many major BTAS villians still to come!!

If DCC doesn't announce any other BTAS figure at SDCC...
cersei-i-choose-voilence.gif

Can we all just take a moment and admit that it would be a horrible cluster**** if that figure for delayed?

Defenitely. That's my biggest fear this year.
I SO want to have that figure during the Holidays and, of course, on Christmas eve.

I've been dreaming to watch "Christmas with the Joker" with a Christmas Joker figure for over 20 years.

Not sure if guy seen these yet:

13724815_1154983577876938_833851435495785082_o.jpg

13767334_1154983561210273_4992266231423140606_o.jpg

Yeah a cpl pages back Psycho. Its a weak selection of heads that still don't capture BTAS Batman as well as they could, plus they missed the chance to give us the draped over cape that is most wanted.

I think we will see some more figures shown before the weekend is over. However if not at least it means DCC have a chance to get all their announced figures out and they can try and get onto a more regular schedule.

I really do love that shocked Batman face, though. It's weird that the most accurate of the bunch is the most expressive and least versatile.:lol

Seriously though, what the hell is that bent looking cape supposed to be? A rubber one that fits better in the Batmobile? I don't understand that one at all lol

LOVE the Mask of the Phantasm cover style cape. That's going to look so good on my display. Can't wait to get that! Like many others here though, I'm left scratching my head as to why no draped cape was included....
The expressions are awesome too. I actually like pretty much like all the Batman ones. The Bruce not so much.

Catwoman and Riddler look great as well.

I've seen that one quite a few times on the show over the years. It's kind of like an action cape, when he's running or jumping or throwing a Batarang, at least, from what I remember.

I've seen that one quite a few times on the show over the years. It's kind of like an action cape, when he's running or jumping or throwing a Batarang, at least, from what I remember.

Seems like that would work a lot better if Batman had an ab crunch. Guess I'd just need to see it on a fig to see how it would look. Hopefully they'll take pics of a fig with each cape on at some point before release. Reallyyy want to see how the actual MOTP cape looks on a figure. Since they're expanding the capes hopefully when we see a batcycle we'll get a cape flowing back with it.

Also, a little early, guys, but... will we get Superman's rocket?! Lobo with Bike?! Fortress of Solitude playsets?! Lois' car? Brainiac's ship? A full scale Daily Planet and Lex Corp building?!?!? These are the questions!

All this has got me thinking.. can the BTAS batman even lift his arms all the way up, to pose with the spread cape? I feel like his arms have very limited movement. I don't want to turn them upside down, it might look goofy.

Those heads are all pretty awful now that I'm examining them. The shocked one is nice, but the others are re-hashes. and the Bruce looks even worse than the Kenner version. He does have white pupils, did they forget????

WOW That Superman pack! Now that's what I'm talking about. MUST HAVE. and YES a TNBA Catwoman! I'm one of the few on here that think the TNBA style looks cooler, so I'm very happy.

Back