DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Her head is huuuuuge though

It's not, actually.

When next to other BTAS figures, she looks completely in scale and proportional:

JokerHarley.jpg

Her head looked huge when next to the under-scaled original Harley.

No it is big man. However I think it is meant to be oversized as that is more the style the women are drawn in TNA.

Just got back from my lcs and checked out the few Mad Love sets they had. Only one had the weird right elbow. The other 2 were fine. All had good paint apps and to be honest the bulkiness of the forearms don't look quite so bad in person. I ended up caving and getting it, and at a discount cause I bought a ton of posp, so I'm actually glad I did. (And after all the bitching I did about it on here lol). She looks awesome on my TNBA shelf next to Ivy. Though I still need to pop off Ivy's boots and sand her down so she's a bit shorter. Joker's mouth and teeth are much better. Eyes are about the same. His skin seems a little bit whiter, though my old one might just be dirty/stained a little. Overall I'm just glad to have something new on my animated shelved. Bring on the Gordon wave!

Tried to take some pics for you guys, but the camera on my phone is ****, so they're not great lol.

Next to Ivy:

10qw1eq.jpg

W/ Batgirl and Ivy

2iaapkw.jpg

With the rest of the TNBA figs. (Still haven't found a Freeze :'( lol)

vymln9.jpg

Great posing overall! All this negative feedbacks in this thread make me forget how awesome this line is despite all its littel issues. I am really tempted to start collecting one myself.

:rock

Thanks! Yea, I understand. I contribute to that negative feedback as well, though I consider it justified most times lol. But I usually have more positive to say about the line than negative. Especially once I have the figures in hand. This is definitely the line I get most excited about when new releases come out

Same on all accounts too! I don't believe in blind praise like some nor constant negatively like others. Gordon wave is almost here so the excitement is starting to outweigh the negatives again.

Thanks 4 sharin' those pics!! Shame Batgirl is a little smaller compaired with Harley, but not big deal after al. Cheers!

phantasm, glad you ended up liking the 2-pack. And thanks for the photos!
Also, it's always great to have at least 3 pieces to check the paint apps in hand.

How is the new Harley next to Catwoman? Could you send a pic? Thanks!

Great posing overall! All this negative feedbacks in this thread make me forget how awesome this line is despite all its littel issues. I am really tempted to start collecting one myself.

You should defenitely start collecting this line. It's really worth it.
You could never know how the figures really are if you never own them yourself. :dunno

This thread has become sort of a "Wailing Thread", so I understand your fears, since all you basically see here is people bashing the figures. So, it's not the best place to come to know the figures.

In all, people are really happy and enjoying the line, just check Instagram - tons of pictures of fans recreating scenes of the show and movies with the figs, and telling how happy they're due to the nostalgia feelings the figures provide. Hashtags like #batmantheanimatedseries and #batmananimated should show you them. That should be the place to go.

I went to Midtown comics -times square- and they have the re issue of Catwoman and the mad love pack.

It's not, actually.

When next to other BTAS figures, she looks completely in scale and proportional:

View attachment 273381

Her head looked huge when next to the under-scaled original Harley.

I didn't mean compared to BTAS Harley, it looks huge on her body, would look best if it was 10-20% smaller
I think the New Adventures Harley they'll put out is going to be prefect all around though

Here you go WGD. Excuse Selina's peg holes, she's very insecure about them lol

harlina.jpg

Speaking of TNBA Harley, I didn't realize all she came with was a couple hands and that fake Harley head lol. Think I'm gonna just get her in the Girls Night Out pack since I'd never actually use that other head it comes with

Same on all accounts too! I don't believe in blind praise like some nor constant negatively like others. Gordon wave is almost here so the excitement is starting to outweigh the negatives again.

absolutely. Cannot wait for Gordon.

Hoping for a couple more civilian reveals at SDCC.

I'm hoping for a Bruce Wayne figure, with his brown suit and a smiling head. Maybe at SDCC?

The negative feedback is why I unsubscribed to this thread. It was just too much bitching about very little things each time I opened the thread, hoping for news. I just figured I'd check in every now and then and skim through some pages, than have this thread keep getting bumped back to the top because Batman's head is a millimeter off model or something like that.

I went to Midtown comics -times square- and they have the re issue of Catwoman and the mad love pack.

I LOVE that store so very much!! And the Grand Station Midtown Comics, too!!
Can't freaking wait to go back there!! I have no comic shop in my town... :(

I didn't mean compared to BTAS Harley, it looks huge on her body, would look best if it was 10-20% smaller
I think the New Adventures Harley they'll put out is going to be prefect all around though
Oh, I see. Sorry.
I still need to get the pack and check her in hand; photos can deceive.
Agreed, the TNBA Harley appears to be the best Harley in both lines. Can't wait to see her in hands when released.

Here you go WGD. Excuse Selina's peg holes, she's very insecure about them lol

Speaking of TNBA Harley, I didn't realize all she came with was a couple hands and that fake Harley head lol. Think I'm gonna just get her in the Girls Night Out pack since I'd never actually use that other head it comes with

Thanks, man!!
Thought for sure you had the improved, peg-less Catwoman?

Anyway, hmmm, Harley's head indeed looks big, even on her own body, as gaunted pointed out. Maybe, as pug205 said, that's because of the fact that women in TNBA had big heads?? Odd.

Still a great headsculpt, though. Looks gorgeous.

The negative feedback is why I unsubscribed to this thread. It was just too much bitching about very little things each time I opened the thread, hoping for news. I just figured I'd check in every now and then and skim through some pages, than have this thread keep getting bumped back to the top because Batman's head is a millimeter off model or something like that.

Preach, man!!!!!

Thanks, man!!
Thought for sure you had the improved, peg-less Catwoman?

My shops never got them!!! I checked everywhere around where I live and no one even said they anticipated getting any. Which I find weird being that I'm not far from Burbank and LA, near DCE. Thought we would have definitely had them around here, but nothing thus far. Honestly, the peg holes don't really bother me, I just want the improved face! I remember your pic you posted of your new Catwoman with your kenner whip and that figure looked awesome! Will definitely get it eventually.

And yea, Harley's head def looks too big to fit in with the BTAS figs. I think she fits in well with the TNBA ones though. The new head would look ridiculous on the BTAS body haha

Why have we not had a navy blue/grey btas Batman yet?
I have been catching up on the series (never watched it in the 90's) and it seems to me he was blue/grey as the comics at the time?

I would definitely want one, and surely an easy variant for dcc.

Back