DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I feel sorry for the ones who are disappointed with Harley and Joker.

is it just me or are Joker's teeth and eyes a lot more yellow in this version than the single release?

I noticed that too. The paintwork on the teeth and eyes are also much better and cleaner, same on the lips.
The factory is defenitely a new one.

Or you could just buy another single carded Joker figure if you need a spare instead of being forced to buy him if you don't need or want him.

My point was if the person is focusing on Harley. I was trying to be positive.
You see: the collector does want Harley in lingerie, but it only comes with Joker. AT LEAST, it's an original Joker, rather than an inaccurate black or shinny one.

But that's just me... I hate inaccurate rapainted figs....

Just trying to be positive here, guys...
Of course I wanted a new sculpt for Joker... A different facial expression, different clothes (hat, trench coat), or anything....
But this is what we're getting...

Since I DID like this Harley and do want to buy it, I don't mind getting an extra original Joker... It's fine for me. And, as I mentioned above, his paintwork is improved.

And just remember: you can use eBay later to get Harley loose.

I wonder if DCC will release another Mad Love pack, this time with a TNBA Joker, just to make the set looks like the episode

I personally preffered the black suit version. would have been better instead again the same single joker oder the shining darkpurple one

And just remember: you can use eBay later to get Harley loose.

Shouldn't have to. I don't really see that as much of a consultation. Besides do you really think that many people are going to buy this set, bust it open, and keep the Joker and sell Harley? She's the main attraction of this set. Even if someone was to only buy this set (or multiples of it) with the intent of breaking up the pair to sell loose that doesn't make a lot of sense. Obviously Harley will be the sought after figure and the person is likely to get stuck with a bunch of loose Jokers. But even if it evened out in the end for them (example: Joker sells for $10 loose and Harley sells for $30) they really aren't making a profit plus now the buyer is paying $30 plus S&H for a $20 figure. Sorry but I'm not going to be positive when they give us crap. Nor will I buy it even if no-sales = the end of the line. I'm more than fine with that. I wasn't happy with the other two version of the Joker we were shown before but they were better than this.

And just for the record, I'm not trying to blast you. I just have a different opinion. Sometimes people on message boards infer some form of personal negativity when nothing is there lol. That being said I don't think I've ever noticed that happening in this thread, which is awesome. Other forums...

Not everyone wants that Harley,I'm perfectly happy with the regular one.

I personally preffered the black suit version. would have been better instead again the same single joker oder the shining darkpurple one

As a matter of variaty, that could work, as a matter of collecting figures with the same look as we saw them in the cartoon/comics, that will be a no no for some collectors.

Not everyone wants that Harley,I'm perfectly happy with the regular one.

Yeah I won't be doubling up on any characters in this line so am happy to skip this set. Just a shame to see DCC go back on their word of not doing repacks as well as the sloppy effort on Harley's arms. This set is not terrible but it isn't great either.

I feel sorry for the ones who are disappointed with Harley and Joker.

it only comes with Joker. AT LEAST, it's an original Joker, rather than an inaccurate black or shinny one.

But that's just me... I hate inaccurate rapainted figs....

I don't really know how many times it must be said, it wasn't inaccurate. You do know that the Joker DOES HAVE a different/Darker purple and orange color scheme in the actual book correct? This figure that is packed in here IS the inaccurate one. The metallic paint would not have come off as badly in person and the colors were accurate at least.

Even if the Black tux version would be inaccurate, at least it would be different and visually appealing haha.

Including a TNBA Joker would have been the best option.

This standard version included is a lazy repack. I wanted a Joker figure that actually represents the damn book, instead of this vanilla Joker I already have.

Speaking of TNBA Joker I just can't wait to have Bud and Lou! I just remembered we'll be getting them eventually and I'm pretty stoked on those little guys lol.

In a completely unrelated note, was bored last night and made me a Babs piece (5th of just her). Though it has nothing to do with ****, it is BTAS, so I figured I'd share it here while I'm bored waiting for breakfast lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

The metallic paint would not have come off as badly in person and the colors were accurate at least.
As far as that version goes, why metallic at all? I mean, just plain darker purple wouldn't have sufficed?

As far as that version goes, why metallic at all? I mean, just plain darker purple wouldn't have sufficed?

It totally would have haha, either way I wanted those colors. I don't mind a metallic finish, they are never that bad in-hand, and kinda pop on a shelf in my opinion.

Plus I could have just hit it with a matte finish to reduce the shine if I felt like it haha. Then again I could just repaint the damn thing, but I shouldn't have to in the first place, if I pay the money.

Well, since we have no new figure as of now, all we have left is playing with the ones we already own.

I've been reposing my figures in the last weeks, switching accessories etc, and taking a lot of photos of them...

BTAS1.jpg

BTAS2.jpg

BTAS3.jpg

BTAS4.jpg

Nice poses

Sent from the bat cave

Those look awesome! I like the Mad Hatter's cards and Harley's Joker card!

I still wish that one of the iterations of the TAS batman came with an over the shoulders cape.. I always loved that look.. Perhaps they didn't want to risk the blue smudging off onto the figure?.. Who knows. I could use the new adventures cape, but the blue really makes the cape for me.

So, did anyone see the re-release TNBA Batman without hip holes today? Did he come out?

So, did anyone see the re-release TNBA Batman without hip holes today? Did he come out?

When I went to my comic shop today there weren't any. One of the dudes told me to expect the Gordon wave next month, but I'll believe it when it happens lol

I still wish that one of the iterations of the TAS batman came with an over the shoulders cape.. I always loved that look.. Perhaps they didn't want to risk the blue smudging off onto the figure?.. Who knows. I could use the new adventures cape, but the blue really makes the cape for me.

The New Adventures cape doesn't look that great on BTAS Batman unfortunately. I tried it a while back.

I'd really love for them to make an over the shoulder cape too. Hopefully in the future with an accessory pack maybe!

Back