DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

I plan on getting catwoman again (due to her hand stem being stuck in her arm), and everyone else except for TNBA.

It's the only problem with the line... too many inconsistencies with QC. I plan on getting another Harley, since she's got a dot on her chest that is bugging me.

I've got all the BTAS released so far including the Batmobile except Catwoman(waiting on re-release without peg holes and better plastic) and only getting TNBA Batman(waiting on re-release),Batgirl,Robin and Nightwing. While I liked the TNBA toon very much,didn't really like the new designs for most of the villains.

The re relase of Catwoman and TNBA Bats should be late March but no official date yet. On a side note once you guys get your new Catwoman figures I will gladly pick up the old ones from you for customs ^^

Never heard any issues with Joker or Robin, fixes will be better plastic on joints and no peg holes on wave 1 figs. Also read on another forum that DCC has said that the next run of Phantasm 2pks will have painted teeth on Batman,I already painted mine!

It'd be nice if people could get replacement heads; take advantage of the fact that they're removeable and whatnot.

Right now, I'm only missing Scarecrow (which I bought and is coming in next week), Catwoman, and TNBA Batman. I bought two of each of the originals and wound up selling them both. The first of which because I realized that it just wasn't practical to buy an extra figure to keep MIC, and the second when I heard about the new versions. It didn't hurt that I got them at 50% off, though, so, I didn't really take a loss. I'll probably sell my Two-Face and Mr. Freeze if they do the same with those two.

At the end of the day, I'm actually glad they didn't paint Batman's teeth.

That allows me to use a "faded" shade of white to paint it, as opposed to the bright white of his eyes, which is defenitely the same paint they'd use for his teeth.

I wouldn't like to have Batman's teeth as bright as Robin's, you know?

A faded shade of white suits Bats' angry expression better. :lecture

The guys on the Fwoosh are saying that the Justice League Gods and Monsters figures came out today. I know it's not BTAS or TNBA, but I figured someone here might be interested in the news since they're Bruce Timm designs.

Oh, and they were also saying that this line is going to be priced at $28 going into 2016.

To get this straight, will DC Collectibles release two variations of the Mad Love two-pack: one with Joker wearing a black suit / Harley (TNBA) and the second variant comes with the Joker in a shiny suit / Harley in night gown. Do they have separate production numbers? Will they come with new accessories or the same ones from The Laughing Fish? I don't have the single carded Harley Quinn yet, because she's pretty much sold out here.

To get this straight, will DC Collectibles release two variations of the Mad Love two-pack: one with Joker wearing a black suit / Harley (TNBA) and the second variant comes with the Joker in a shiny suit / Harley in night gown. Do they have separate production numbers? Will they come with new accessories or the same ones from The Laughing Fish? I don't have the single carded Harley Quinn yet, because she's pretty much sold out here.

They're the same set. They resolicited it with Mad Love Harley and the nighty/"glossy" Joker, as opposed to Joker in the black suit and Regular Harley.

Zeus, what sculpting compound do you recommend to mod some of these with? Finally was able to pick up all my shipments when I went home for Christmas, and I want to start working on some this weekend.

Zeus, what sculpting compound do you recommend to mod some of these with? Finally was able to pick up all my shipments when I went home for Christmas, and I want to start working on some this weekend.
Is this for me? I have been called Zeus before ;)

I have tried many different paints but the ones that work best for me are Vajello Model Color. They are pretty cheap and you can get them on eBay. For the brushes I use some cheap ass ones from China size 000 or 0000 + Matt Sparay Varnish. I hope this helps?

Happy New Year All! I hope 2016 will bring you all of you favourite DCC characters! ♡

so does someone already own that phantasm 2 pack?
I would like to see some shots (unpainted teeth preffered)

Sorry bout that, my eyes don't work as well as they used to :) thanks for the tips! What do you recommend for sculpting? I've used super sculpy, but it seems too delicate.

I usually use FixIT Sculpt but it's quite delicate as well on the thin/small parts. Recently I bough Green Stuff and it's quite good as well. (and cheap)

so does someone already own that phantasm 2 pack?
I would like to see some shots (unpainted teeth preffered)

I have the two-pack, but I leave my figures in their packages. I don't mind posting photos in-package, if you'd like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bring on the Justice League already.

I grabbed Penguin and the Ridler during a boxing week sale. Sadly Penguins umbrella broke as I tired to put it into his hand:slap

I also ordered Man Bat while I was there. They are getting one in and are going to hold it for me. I am only collecting TAS figures with a few exceptions like Scarecrow who I LOVE his re-designed look, so creepy and scary.

I grabbed Penguin and the Ridler during a boxing week sale. Sadly Penguins umbrella broke as I tired to put it into his hand:slap

I also ordered Man Bat while I was there. They are getting one in and are going to hold it for me. I am only collecting TAS figures with a few exceptions like Scarecrow who I LOVE his re-designed look, so creepy and scary.

Me too (BTAS) but the only TNBA redesign I liked was Mr. Freeze!

Back