DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Great news sallah, thanks for the head's up!

again, I'm at work so I can't check him out properly but it looks like he can :))

greenshot

Man bat looks beast... Does he have any paint rub problems? And if so couldn't a nice clear coat spray fix that problem?

I honestly don't know yet but I will check when I get home and let you guys know!

Any news on if we'll ever see wave #1 re-issued without holes in the hips?

Any news on if we'll ever see wave #1 re-issued without holes in the hips?

This. I passed on the first four figures because of all of the issues that were being posted.
I want to pick up the new three, but am wondering if the wave 1 re-issues are coming sooner rather than later.

I'm crying at Man-Bat.

I can't believe how accurate he looks. JESUS!!!!

The BTAS set is getting so perfect. All of them so far are awesome!!!

Can't wait to get THAT big photo of all of them together around October, when we'll have:
Batman, Robin, Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Harley Quinn, Penguin, Man-Bat, Mad Hatter and the Batmobile!!!

It's a dream come true!!! :yess:

Man-Bat turned out great. Looks to be the standout of the wave. That an crunch joint is a nice surprise and really well hidden.

Yeah the ab-crunch joint was a a surprise to me too since it wasn't on the figure in displays. I'm wondering if the whole top body can swivel aswell as tilt back and forth.... It looks like a possibility.

I'm so anxious to buy them 3!!!

Hope to see them in stores in a couple of weeks.

I think Joker is the one we should be more concerned about the paint (specially his teeth and eyes).
That's why he's the one I'll only by in person.

Both Robin and Man-Bat don't seem to have small painted parts. I might order them online.

That Man-Bat is just mindbogglingly awesome. Seriously. I want that figure so, so, so damn much.

Zelu, would it be possible to post a head-on picture of Joker, one where he doesn't seem to be looking down and we can see his eyes?
Also is the paint flaking issue isolated to the joints or is it all over, as in anything you touch?

I'm going to post some photos and mini review shortly but here is just the the size of the box next to Bats ^^

@S. Griffin sure, I will take some photos of Joker's head shortly. The thing about the paints is bothering me a bit... It crumbles on the joins but also some parts of the jacket have little holes where the paint is chipped, if you touch this part the paint continue to chip. It is not as bad that it rubs off when you touch the figure but it is defo an issue (at least with my one) I also noticed that after removing the knife from Joke's hand there is a yellow stain (from holding it)

@sfa here are the Joker's hands + the 2 to hold knife etc.

I still can't believe he's not a deluxe! I'm not complaining though :lol Just very surprised!

Good value in my opinion.

Looks great in the box too.

ok so here are few static poses just so you can see the sculpt ^^

Love those portrait shots zelu, thanks for sharing. Never noticed the raised brow attitude they have him, that's a really nice likeness.

What's with all the blemishes and smudges on the body and arms? Was your figure like that when you first opened it or did you do that?

Ok so here is the quick review:

As you can see the figure looks amazing! For this price he is worth every penny. Sculpt is absolutely fantastic and the interchangeable wings are great addition. Accessory-wise we have the tape recorder and 3x lab tubes + the extra wings.

No peg holes so displayed he looks fantastic! Now the negatives... As DiFabio pointed out there are those weird smudges of paint here and there - they don't look too bad but they are noticeable on some parts. Joints are very loose. Not only on the interchangeable part of the wings but the legs are the worst! He cannot stand properly even with the stand due to the fact that the figure is too heavy for this stand. I guess they were worried that vol. 1 had the tight joint issues to they made them more loose and on my Man Bat they just don't work! The super glue trick did the job though! :D Apart from that no other issues and this in another great figure!

Let me know guys if you have any questions?

And here is the "gallery" ^^

Awesome pictures Zelu! You really know how to pose your figures. The ones with Batman are fantastic!!

I do have a question: The upper torso has an ab-crunch joint, but does it also swivel too? Of just bend up and down?

Thanks man! I regard to torso it moves both ways up and down and also swivel ^^

Back