DC Direct doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Collectibles doing Batman The Animated Series figures!!!!!

Great pics zelu. Those poses are fantastic.

I really hate the headsculpt though. It looks really bad.

FINALLY an animated series joker figure that doesn't have a blue face!

He looks fantastic!!! I LOVE everything about him!!

OMG, can't wait to have him in my collection!

FINALLY an animated series joker figure that doesn't have a blue face!

:lol Yes! Could never stand that blue face from the 90's figure!

Not to mention that the Kenner figure, as said before, does not match the actual Joker from the TV show.

So... THIS is the official Batman: The Animated Series Joker action figure!

FINALLY!! After nearly 23 years!!!

Man, that's harsh. Headsculpt on the Kenner is way better, off white or not.

image.jpg

:lol Yes! Could never stand that blue face from the 90's figure!

Not to mention that the Kenner figure, as said before, does not match the actual Joker from the TV show.

nP7pbfc.gif

The big difference - The kenner joker figure has cheeks with his smile - this dc collectibles joker has no cheeks at all with his smile

@sfa not the best quality photo, but here it is

@naboni sure! here is the .png version: https://s27.postimg.org/fbndq6moz/joker_card.png Happy Printing ^^

@DiFabio he doesn't look that bad but I do get the point about lack of cheeks and and a bit of Killer Crock smile... hm maybe I can do some work on him if I have time.

@World'sGreatestDetective I think the Kenner Joker was not that bad, true the face was blue and the pain job sloppy but once repainted he looks pretty good :)

photo upload

I guess The Joker is one of those characters that look different in each episode and it is not easy to capture his sculpt to everyone's liking but in generel I'm happy with the figure!

@naboni sure! here is the .png version: https://s27.postimg.org/fbndq6moz/joker_card.png Happy Printing ^^

@DiFabio he doesn't look that bad but I do get the point about lack of cheeks and and a bit of Killer Crock smile... hm maybe I can do some work on him if I have time.

@World'sGreatestDetective I think the Kenner Joker was not that bad, true the face was blue and the pain job sloppy but once repainted he looks pretty good :)

photo upload

I guess The Joker is one of those characters that look different in each episode and it is not easy to capture his sculpt to everyone's liking but in generel I'm happy with the figure!

Is that a custom Batgirl?

Yes that was the issue with TAS, depending on the episode Batman and the Joker had variation in their looks . Some episodes like " Almost Got Him " had probably the best realistic representation of Bats and the villains ever in the series. But you look at episodes like " Christmas with the Joker " and you can see how Batman and the characters looked more cartoonish and abstract.

Last edited:

@guyver1 yeah Batgirl is a custom made with Catwoman as a base :)

Awesome, thanks Zelu! They look great altogether. Joker really does add some much needed colour to the set. And your custom Batgirl looks amazing with them.

One question if you don't mind, how many hand sculpts and what type of hand sculpts did Joker come with?

I think the Joker figure looks great, but personally I'm not fond of the accessories except for the knife. I don't think I'd display him with any of the others in the long term. If he'd have had his Joker card from that episode, I'd have used that, but the other's (except for the knife) don't really scream 'Joker' to me. So I may rely on just the hand sculpts to create a dynamic pose for him depending on what they are.

Errr! On the lookout for the Joker. Has he been officially released by DC?

@sfa Thanks man! I will check tonight for the hands, but from what I remember there are 6 in total. I do agree on the accessories - nice addition but kinda pointless. He cannot even hold the telescope properly (it's like Catwoman's binoculars...) and the comb?? o_O

On a side note Man-Bat arrived and WOW! This is one of the best figures in this series so far! (and I don't even like the character that much but the figure is impressive) Everything about him seems great!. The sculpt is fantastic, I cannot find any flaws especially the head sculpt - awesomeness! Even the box looks impressive, loook at the size of it!

image hosting free no registration

^ Thanks Zelu! Good to hear he might have a few hand options then.

Also - WOW! Man-Bat looks incredible!! I seriously cannot wait to get him now! That wingspan..... I hope he can hold his arms up and keep them posed with the weight of them. Again, shame about the peg holes in the shoulders, but other than that he looks phenomenal!!

again, I'm at work so I can't check him out properly but it looks like he can :))

greenshot

:thud: To quote Jim Carey's Riddler: "Now THAT'S impressive!"

He looks amazing. That's exactly how I want to pose him. I can't believe this isn't a deluxe!!

Head's up.... We just got our ship list for next week at my shop... Robin, Joker, and Man-Bat are on there!

Sallah

Back