DC Direct Batman:Arkham Asylum video game figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But,some of DC Directs recent lines have had a good amount of articulation no?, i could have swore i did see some of their recent figures with a joint in the torso region.

But,some of DC Directs recent lines have had a good amount of articulation no?, i could have swore i did see some of their recent figures with a joint in the torso region.

Yes that is correct Valfar. I believe you are talking about their History of DC Universe line. HOWEVER, these extra joints are useless without the hip joint. Imagine ultra poseability with the upper torso but the legs can move wide apart.

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_081909a.htm see mcwtoys review for this one... and not to mention... the sculpt is clearly compromising and they are not used to doing the extra joints which great sculpt yet. (which to be honest, with today's computer technology, is not hard to do -..-" )

Yea thats it.

I know what you mean about the lack of a hip joint, just look at those nasty cuts of articulation in the calfs, that is a pretty useless POA period and very unrealistc as the cut goes right across the top of the boot.

I really like their sculpts, especially for the comic specific stuff they've done. But their articulation is lazy, as is their quality.

Let's be honest, these figures don't even have to be any good, and they will still fly off the shelves. At the end of the day that is the bottom line for DCD.

I'm sure that given the status of the game and with the interest it's generated that DCD will be putting a lot of extra attention into these figures. Maybe not in the articulation area, but that shouldn't matter too much as long as the basics are there and the sculpts stand out.
Personally I feel that sometimes sculpts can suffer from over-articulation, and I like the use of only as much is necessary wherever possible.
It's not like I'm going to be 'playing' with them anyway so as long as there's enough articulation to get some great dynamic or iconic poses (and as long as they can stand on their own two feet!) then that's good enough for me.

I rarely buy small scale figures now, but Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game. I will definitely be picking up a Batman, Joker and Scarecrow.

I rarely buy small scale figures now, but Arkham Asylum was a fantastic game. I will definitely be picking up a Batman, Joker and Scarecrow.

hey good to see you here CC. always wonderful seeing more Bat-fans! :banana

i too am on the same boat. but this will be awesome. and i don't get why people are so onto articulation for this line. if you want articulation, DCUC is there. like how if you wanted articulation for Marvel, you went with the Legends line, but if you wanted a solid sculpt, a better base, and over-all quality, you go with Select. it's just like this with Mattel & DCD.

i, for one, wouldn't want them to sacrifice the paint and details for articulation. i just want a ball jointed neck so i can have my figures looking up and down :banana

and yeah, there's a lot of non-Batman fanboys who played the game who would seriously want to get their hands on these. can't wait until they reveal preliminary pictures of the wave!!! :D

I really can't wait to see pics of these...
Hopefully they'll be online in the next week or two! My expectations are really high for them now too so I hope DCD don't disappoint!
I'm also intrigued to see what characters will be released and in how many waves, if any.
This really takes me back to the DCD 'Hush' figures days when I was highly anticipating seeing pics of the second and then third waves :D

Im stoked by the news! I am for sure going after scarecrow and joker and croc! I cant wait for some pics and more info!

I really can't wait to see pics of these...
Hopefully they'll be online in the next week or two! My expectations are really high for them now too so I hope DCD don't disappoint!
I'm also intrigued to see what characters will be released and in how many waves, if any.
This really takes me back to the DCD 'Hush' figures days when I was highly anticipating seeing pics of the second and then third waves :D

I remember when they first announce the Hush series. Got me all excited, it's the series that pulled me into buying DC Direct figures. I think after the Hush series that is when DCD started doing nice figures. Hope they do the same way as the Hush series, not too little or too much POA.

hey good to see you here CC. always wonderful seeing more Bat-fans! :banana

i too am on the same boat. but this will be awesome. and i don't get why people are so onto articulation for this line. if you want articulation, DCUC is there. like how if you wanted articulation for Marvel, you went with the Legends line, but if you wanted a solid sculpt, a better base, and over-all quality, you go with Select. it's just like this with Mattel & DCD.

i, for one, wouldn't want them to sacrifice the paint and details for articulation. i just want a ball jointed neck so i can have my figures looking up and down :banana

and yeah, there's a lot of non-Batman fanboys who played the game who would seriously want to get their hands on these. can't wait until they reveal preliminary pictures of the wave!!! :D

This just proves how easy DCD's job is... the fans are too easy to satisfy. We are already in the year 2010 and not back in the 80s, where toy manufacturing is much more advanced at a lower costs. Especially considering these are for "collectors", the standards should be even higher. I am not nitpicking here... but again, please check out the figures by NECA. They have GREAT sculpts, GREAT articulation, but nevertheless didn't sacrifice the sculpts AT ALL. Ironically, these figures by NECA, which have more accessories and articulation, have BETTER sculpts and paint job than many of the DCD lines.

Granted, Arkham Aslyum is potentially a huge money making license and I hope they will use it wisely and create products which are worthwhile for batman fans and gamers alike.

7" Arkham Asylum Figures Coming

DC Direct are indeed cashing in on the license, Series 1 has Batman, Joker, Harley Quinn, Scarecrow, and Scarface.

2iizghk.jpg

Re: 7" Arkham Asylum Figures Coming

AWESOME.... agree with you jediknight hahhaha and looks like it has more joints... just hope.. and pray.. that they have the important ball joint for the legs.... otherwise it's pointless to have so many joints on upper body... please dcd... just ONE EXTRA FRIGGIN JOINT... not gonna cost u guys alot..

Back