DC Direct 13" Batman Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The "wings" are interesting to see in real life although I'm still not sold on this figure.

398e.jpg

Overall it's still definitely a pass for me, but it does look better than the first promo pics so, uh, bravo DC Direct. I guess.

I have never been convinced by the whole Batman Beyond thing. This figure is horrible. How can this be released when there is still no Riddler, Penguin, Mr Freeze....

The outfit and wings don't look bad at all. They could easily be used for a custom, since he's on the smaller body. The head sculpt looks bad though and a little on the big side and the ears a a bit overly long and pointy.

You know the more I look at this figure the more I like it. I can't put my hands on it but there is just something neat about this Batman variant. Maybe it is when he'll be on the shelf amidst the sea of grey, blue, and black there will be a nice splash of red in there. lol
While I do like it - I'll get him on clearance somewhere. You know BBTS is going to have a few of these on sale at some point.

The wings are really cool. I wonder if their would have turned out better if they put a cloth mask on over the sculpt as it is now. It would still retain the look of the character, but maybe it would soften the features enough so he doesn't look like a demon.

Did anyone bother to pick this up yet?

I haven't seen it in person yet so I have no idea how it turned out.

Dave gets them all usually doesn't he? I'm surprised he hasn't posted pics.

Yea, I got him a couple of days ago. Aside from the portrait, which was just a bad decision by the art director, it's a great figure. The belt has chromed accents, so it looks like real metal. the wings go on great and are a hard plastic, although they aren't black on the back, just a translucent red plastic.

I've never been a huge fan of the design for BB, he doesn't translate to real world look at all. Just trying to figure out how the mask would actually work in real life is a chore. Hasbro did it right with the 9 inch - they didn't even try to do real world, but stuck with the animated style. But the DCD13 almost has a face but with a weird shaped forehead - it just doesn't make a lot of sense, although it's obviously a very skillful sculpt.

Did they use the robin/joker body? I have this crazy idea of replacing the body with a TT, pop in the sonar batman dx head and paint the mouth area all black. Hmmm...

Back