DC Direct 13" Batman Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just calls them as I sees them...

0a98_1.JPG

Small hands, weak body and costume.

looks like the 70's tv spidey costume sans giant black goggles and wrist webbers

tonners make me want to break out the pliers and start clipping off heads like i did to my cousin's barbies. :cut

The headsculpt remids me of a garage Kit Bust which has the same type "Realistic" features. This bust also came with an Old Bruce Bust which looked awesome.

Actually here is a pic of it you can see the old Bruce in the pic even though its a bit blurry
279121166.jpg

Why does everyone hate Tonner!?

I don't hate tonner at all. And I don't know why ppl should hate them that much. They are what they are. They are crafted dolls in a retro style, which can be cool in its own way.

I don't see the hate about the term "dolls" as well. the other 1/6 figures are under the big umbrella "dolls" as well...but pursuing in a different direction (i.e. realism, articulation, etc.)

However, I would say that the spiderman figure sucks cos of the weird proporitions, instead of the outfit.

I personally have the tonner batman figure and I think it looks pretty cool, if you treat it as kind of a Mego-ish x crafted doll figure and collectible. It comes with a removeable cowl feature too which I wish most of the 1/6 figures have.

Have to say I don't care for the figure at all and I'm a big Beyond fan

It has the sort of face that you could only just get away with giving to a Transformer

Actually here is a pic of it you can see the old Bruce in the pic even though its a bit blurry
279121166.jpg

That's a great sculpt, but just doesn't fit the character, I don't know if any 3D version of him could. If they're doing old Bruce though - I'd be all over that one.

Yeah i wasnt to fond of the sculpt neither, just seeing that HS on the DC direct reminded me of this sculpt which I believe has been around a long while now. Id also would love to get an Old Bruce sculpt also.

the bust is prety good but the actual figure sucks ass. shame on DC!

Every time I look at this I see the clearance bin. I just can't imagine how DCD could think there's enough interest in BB to warrant a $90 figure of him. He's an elseworlds character brought over from a somewhat decent cartoon that's nearly ten years old. It's not like he's got his own book or anything. The last 13" figure solicited if I'm not mistaken was the JSA Flash why in the world didn't they continue on from there... :huh

I'm still waiting for some Teen Titans. They have the teenage body, now where's Kid Flash and Speedy? Unless those looked awful (not beyond the real of possibility, given what DCD has come up with here), I would buy them.

Back