DC Direct 13" Batman Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is a terrible idea.. and I liked batman beyond.. but somethings just don't transend well into physical form..

Seriously... WTF? DC direct really SUCKS on this release... I thought the only thing they could do better is the 13" comic line.. how CAN they screw up batman beyond?!?!?!?!

It reminds me of the hasbro 8" figure that was released ages ago.. this is just embarrassing..........What the hell is that headsculpt.. and the suit looks crappy as well (doesnt match the mask at all .. it supposed to look as a "whole" suit like the spiderman suit)

I'd rather them giving medicom (since they are good at releasing anime stuff) or HT to stretch their art and see what they can come up with. I hope the DC Direct ppl could realize how crappy their figures are.

With no version of the Riddler or the Penguin or Modern Robin in this line how could they even think of releasing a Batman Beyond figure? It looks terrible.

How did they screw up BB? Pure black suit, solid retractable wings, black head with whited out eyes. Easy, right? Not this time.

With no version of the Riddler or the Penguin or Modern Robin in this line how could they even think of releasing a Batman Beyond figure? It looks terrible.

They need to make The Riddler and Modern Robin. Remake of Nightwing too. Or else, we'll die.... :medic

Wow. Leave it to DC Direct.

I was looking at BBTS for new preorders and this was so unbelievably bad that I had to come comment on it.

DCD direct figures seem to have the quality of Hasbro Star Wars figures but at the price of Sideshow ones.

I actually have several DCD Deluxe figures and am happy with most of them, but this one just looks like junk.

theres no freaken sole!! hes wearing socks!!

:lol:lol:rotfl I noticed that too.

Unfortunately the Batman Beyond design just doesn't translate well into a figure with a cloth outfit. There's no breaks/seams in the design: easily translated into a completely plastic figure. But when you're using cloth.. the suit ends up looking like a guy wearing a SMedium turtle neck, Leotards, gloves, socks and a mask. If I didn't know any better, I would've guessed from the pic that this was a kids Halloween outfit or something.

DC Direct's next 13" figure revealed....uggggghh.

I don't care for it at all based on this picture.

bb_L1.jpg
i never liked the concept of this character, but this figure just STINKS big time.

If I didn't know any better, I would've guessed from the pic that this was a kids Halloween outfit or something.

I agree, I have to hand it to them, it does look realistic. Realistic as in, I would laugh if I saw somebody wearing that, but still, realistic. :lol:monkey3
He also somehow reminds me of a 60's live action series character, kind of like that Spiderman show from the 70's.

This figure is crying out for a Medicom 'Massive' Body! It needs those proportions! Also, if the material is a mat black rubber-ish fabric it'll look great inhand...

This figure is crying out for a Medicom 'Massive' Body! It needs those proportions! Also, if the material is a mat black rubber-ish fabric it'll look great inhand...

the head sucks though too and there needs to be soles in the feet which aren't even boots, just more cloth. I just KNOW that DC Direct isn't going to change anything, they are too lazy

:lol:lol:rotfl I noticed that too.

Unfortunately the Batman Beyond design just doesn't translate well into a figure with a cloth outfit. There's no breaks/seams in the design: easily translated into a completely plastic figure. But when you're using cloth.. the suit ends up looking like a guy wearing a SMedium turtle neck, Leotards, gloves, socks and a mask. If I didn't know any better, I would've guessed from the pic that this was a kids Halloween outfit or something.

It certainly looks cheesy enough to one of those lame ass mass produced halloween costumes.

I agree, I have to hand it to them, it does look realistic. Realistic as in, I would laugh if I saw somebody wearing that, but still, realistic. :lol:monkey3
He also somehow reminds me of a 60's live action series character, kind of like that Spiderman show from the 70's.

Not Spiderman, something else..

Oh my god, very bad...:monkey4

Yup

I could excuse the tights if the head wasn't so fugly!

Agreed

The sad part is that this thing has no accessories (stand not counting) and yet he is on retail for $100. What a joke.

Back