DC Direct 13" Batman Beyond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually liked batman beyond.. and I know for a FACT medicom could do this character justice.. I could imagine that they used the "superhero" body.. like comic spidermans.. I could imagin it.. a suit like medicom spawns would work PERFECT.

I actually liked batman beyond.. and I know for a FACT medicom could do this character justice.. I could imagine that they used the "superhero" body.. like comic spidermans.. I could imagin it.. a suit like medicom spawns would work PERFECT.

Very True dude, Medicom WOULD rock at making this :banana

I loved the show and the character concept, I even did a custom in the 9" scale, but the design doesn't translate well to real life. This would probably the last character after G'nort and C'hp that I'd want to see in the 13" line.

But that said - they really took it to a new level of epic fail. The head doesn't evoke the animated character in the least, the wings are wrong and he shouldn't be on the skinny body. It does look like the suit is shiny, which it should be - but otherwise...:monkey4

epicze4.jpg

DC Direct's next 13" figure revealed....uggggghh.

I don't care for it at all based on this picture.

bb_L1.jpg

So when did DCD join forces with Tonner?

Just shameful :rolleyes:

Have to agree with you... Medicom really could have made this design work. While I wouldn't buy this character, I'd love to see them tackle a Timm Batman figure.

So when did DCD join forces with Tonner?

Just shameful :rolleyes:

Have to agree with you... Medicom really could have made this design work. While I wouldn't buy this character, I'd love to see them tackle a Timm Batman figure.

No, they went the opposite way of Tonner, which normally smooths out a portrait to make it more doll-like. IJ is right - they attempted to put too much detail in the head sculpt and make it more realistic - but the design of the character fights that kind of representation on every level.

Small hands, terrible looking costume (with dorky wings) and weak body... aside from the head it screams Tonner to me.

But I will agree... the extra detailed head is a odd one :huh Doesn't even look close to right.

Just calls them as I sees them...

0a98_1.JPG

Small hands, weak body and costume.

Hmmm.. if that's a Tonner doll tbh I think the suit actually looks pretty good. Better than this DCD Batman Beyond suit. Not saying I would want it, just saying from that pic the Spidey suit looks pretty good. :confused:

Hmmm.. if that's a Tonner doll tbh I think the suit actually looks pretty good. Better than this DCD Batman Beyond suit. Not saying I would want it, just saying from that pic the Spidey suit looks pretty good. :confused:

Man, what are you smoking???

Back