DC Direct 1:6 Scale Deluxe Collector Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: DC Direct 1:6?

Just scored a Sinestro (MIB) for $16.39 on eBay... so under $27 with shipping :lol

Gonna use the body for a custom figure and see if I can maybe make a smaller Sinestro using the rest of the pieces.
Rockin' score.

I have most of them and I know I like them. They don't deserve the bash they often get. I wish I'd had toys like that as a kid...

i agree i like all my dcd 13" figures i was hopping there would be more made that i do not see out there now they can stop making remakes of batman & super man and start making new figures like Dr Fate, Captain Adam,Red tornado, they should make more women figures too like fire,ice Dr. light. halk giral and halkman as well.

From Alex Ross' Total Justice book: Shows a sketch of what he wanted the new body for the KC Superman. Unfortunately, they left the bicep cut intact.
Picture154.jpg

Book is great. Actually, it's must have. It has some raw illustrations of some comic panels, some stories like how he wanted to re-invent the Cap. marvel story. he includes the turnarounds for the justice toys. Also, how he went to the superfriends cartoon for some character design. Lots more cool stuff. I grabbed it off amazon for 18.00.

think i'll see if i can find one at Borders tomorrow. that pic is GREAT & answers a lot of questions.

In the book, it shows how very specific his instructions are to sculptors on how he wants his figures done, so I am pretty confident that the final piece would look very similar to his drawing.

Just got Superman/CK. I bought Captain Marvel to have someone for him to duke it out. Black Adam would be nice.

In the book, it shows how very specific his instructions are to sculptors on how he wants his figures done, so I am pretty confident that the final piece would look very similar to his drawing.

Yeah the book is fantastic i really like it alot! it was cool to see the raw skletches of the kingdom come figure line, and Ross is a great illustartor

Yeah the book is fantastic i really like it alot! it was cool to see the raw skletches of the kingdom come figure line, and Ross is a great illustartor

There's a KC Supes and Justice Batman, will there be a Justice Superman too? The KC Supes looks great but I was hoping for an Alex Ross 13" younger Superman in his basic costume.

There's a KC Supes and Justice Batman, will there be a Justice Superman too? The KC Supes looks great but I was hoping for an Alex Ross 13" younger Superman in his basic costume.

I would think as long as the KC Superman does well that we will see a Justice Superman down the line. Maybe they'll show it in San Diego. I'm hoping for a Justice Wonder Woman. Did not like the other version. Passed on her. After that though, I hope they make some other 13"ers like Hawkman and Firestorm. Not every figure needs to be have the Alex Ross look.

I'm going to make a couple customs with the new Hot Toys T-800 body. I think it would be perfect in scale and look for some of the bigger DC Superheroes. Here's a comparison pic of the DCD, T-800 and regular TT bodies:

IMG_0651.jpg

IMG_0654.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

The DCD costumes fit great on this body, the boots look like crap though and I think I can take in a bit of the loose points on the arms of the suit to make it fit even better. I think I'll wait for the Kingdom Come Supes to mod him onto this body.

I'm doing the same thing with the T-800 body. I think i found the perfect head - SS Admiral Thrawn. Still looking for someone to paint it though and add that S on the hair. I believe Toyanxiety still has one loose if ever you want one.

I think you should see if the head will fit on the body before doing anything eric. I just tried a Bruce Wayne head on it and it is too small.

i have the Admiral Thrawn head already. it looks fine. SS heads tend to be bigger than other headsculpts. although i think its a bit heavy coz it's quite wobbly on the t-800: or is that how the neck is on that new body?? It's like an Arnold body with a peewee herman neck. He also looks more like Capt. Marvel with the hair pulled back.
Do you know/recommend anyone who can repaint the HS?

Awesome advise guys. I've had trouble trying to think of the right head to fit the Supes look. In fact I tried Captain Marvel's head on the body and the DCD head still look huge on it. Thrawn sound like a good substitute.

Back