DC Comics: Rebirth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would I need to pick up the Rebirth issues as well or can I just start with the #1's if I wanted to check this out? I mean I see there will be a Superman Rebirth #1 and a Superman #1 in June, do I need both of them?

Okay, I just read it and was completely unspoiled (thankfully).

MIND. BLOWN.

:eek

This is definitely going to get me reading DC comics again.

Yes indeed. I just got done reading Rebirth and I'm like you. Jaw dropping ain't even the right words. That was immaculate, genius storytelling. Hell, it was a masterclass in comicbook storytelling by Geoff Johns and all who were involved. After last night's finale of The Flash and its Flashpoint implications, Rebirth was like some divine stroke tying the printed page and the screen version of these characters altogether. I'm in awe right now. Speechless even. Its a great time to be a DC Comics fan I can tell you that.

MAYBE. But I actually doubt it. I think they're just using Dr. Manhattan as the device to reset the DCU heroes back to their pre-grimdark state. Again, it's meta as WATCHMEN is one of the reasons why DC went into dark territory for so long. It's pretty dang clever, actually. IF this is indeed what they're doing.

Just read this. On paper the big twist sounds rage-inducing, in the context of the comic it works perfectly. For the first time in about a decade I actually want to read American comics - specifically DC - again.

The moment in this issue with Barry and Wally genuinely brought a tear to my eye.

Just read this. On paper the big twist sounds rage-inducing, in the context of the comic it works perfectly. For the first time in about a decade I actually want to read American comics - specifically DC - again.

The moment in this issue with Barry and Wally genuinely brought a tear to my eye.

:lecture :lecture :goodpost:

grabbed new supes and Batman. Couldn't buy green arrow/lantern yet. Any others pretty good?

Last edited:

Same here. :monkey2 :lol

Superman #1 Rebirth was interesting. Definitely some psychological, existential stuff.

Batman #1 was a little forgettable to me IMO.

I look forward to seeing how they play out.

Poor Wally...

I bought one Batman variant but that's as far as i'll go. Civil war II #1 had a ridiculous amount of variants. Geez

Back