DC Comics: Rebirth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rebirth Joker

owp3fzT.jpg

It's cool. Frank Miller 1980s style clothes, and new emo Jared Leto face and hair.

Better than running around with his damn face ripped off isn't it?

It will be an improvement over the New 52, but probably not enough.

Real, positive change and a return to the classic characters will not happen at DC until the creatively stunted regime of DiDio, Lee, and Harras is gone. (Johns can stay, but only in a capacity of reduced power, likely just as Writer/Editor again).

These guys simply have a myopic view of the DCU, and almost all of them are stuck in the 90s... the worst ever era of comic books.

The late 80s/early 90s at DC were my favorite comics of all time. Which is why I was one of like 6 people on the planet that loved DoJ.

I don't read comics anymore and other than big events from the (really old) creators I still like, I doubt I'll bother returning to comics. From what I've seen online, the pandering to SJW types to bring in new readers would really get on my nerves. (Good god, did you see what IDW did to Jem?) Comics needs new readers, maybe now more than ever. I understand it's how the world works, and progresses, and all that. But it's not for me. Luckily I can just re-read all my old favorites over and over again. And if new kids actually DO get into comics, they can do whatever they want. None of my business.

Well, I read the Spoilers (they had pics as well) and...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm going to give it a try. At $2.99 i can invest in 1 or 2 of these for a bit. Batman for sure. Maybe supes and another depending on who writes it.

Is anyone a big enough dork like me to go to the midnight release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I just read it and was completely unspoiled (thankfully).

MIND. BLOWN.

:eek

This is definitely going to get me reading DC comics again.

I'm genuinely impressed with how clever this was, especially from Johns, who I've generally not liked for a while.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It may not play out that way, but the possibilities are fascinating.

fXCUz27.jpg

Back