DC Comics: Rebirth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that the press conference was very well done and it actually got me excited about Rebirth.
Some of the titles that I'm looking forward to:

Greg Rucka writing Wonder Woman
Joshua Williamson writing The Flash
Dan Jurgens writing the "Lois and Clark" Superman in Action Comics
and Gene Yang on New Superman (which could be like Miles Morales Spider-Man).

I thought that the press conference was very well done and it actually got me excited about Rebirth.
I agree, it was very well organized. Better than some of the movie/tv panels I've seen on YT. WW looks like it'll be a very ambitious project.

"Cosmo Joker."
[emoji38]At least fans actually wanted to know Kramer's whole name. My guess is it'll be Jackie the Joke Man.

Unless they are ditching the New 52 stuff and going back to post crisis continuity...color me not interested.

Well Superman has a son in Rebirth. Which continuity is that a party of?

That's Pre-New 52 Supes. When they picked up his story in Convergence, Lois was pregnant and they were about to start a family. Long story short, the Multiverse was pretty much destroyed, and he and his family basically became refugees on the New 52 earth. He and Lois have different identities; she's an author, I think, and they also have a kid. From the looks of things, they're going to kill off New 52 Supes and have Pre-52 Supes take his place at the head of the Justice League/whatever else.

The current comic book featuring the pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois and their son John is Lois and Clark, written by Dan Jurgens (who will also be writing Action Comics with these characters starting in June).

Lois and Clark is excellent and I'm glad that they're keeping them around. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed Superman prior to the New 52.

The current comic book featuring the pre-Flashpoint Superman, Lois and their son John is Lois and Clark, written by Dan Jurgens (who will also be writing Action Comics with these characters starting in June).

Lois and Clark is excellent and I'm glad that they're keeping them around. Definitely worth checking out if you enjoyed Superman prior to the New 52.

I thought the Superman tie-in was one of the few good things to come of Convergence, and I've heard nothing but good things of Lois and Clark from people I've talked to, so, I may go back and check it out before Action starts in June.

Well, I made the changes to my pull yesterday and honestly, I only added King's Batman. I'll be adding Priest's Deathstroke for sure, and possibly Hickman's book. The only other character I'll follow is Midnighter, who's supposed to appear somewhere, but nobody knows where. The most logical assumption is Nightwing, but eh, I don't want him to become an extended member of the Bat-Family. I'd rather he appear in Priest's Deathstroke anyway. Seeley wrote a good Midnighter, but Orlando's was miles ahead.

I thought the Superman tie-in was one of the few good things to come of Convergence, and I've heard nothing but good things of Lois and Clark from people I've talked to, so, I may go back and check it out before Action starts in June.

:exactly:

Lois and Clark is the best Superman I've read these last few years. Finally, the real McCoy is back.... Too bad the blue boots look so ugly....:(

Jeez, I just looked over the April Previews mag for DC solicits. It previews the upcoming Rebirth books. I didn't think it was possible but I honestly think I'm going to hate Rebirth more than the New 52 based on what I've seen. I think I'll be dropping all DC books in the near future. I've had enough.

Seems like they're going to be doing the pc-pandering garbage that Marvel just did which saw me go to 0 Marvel books each month. I can't believe it but if this is bad I'll just stick to reading TPBs I otherwise wouldn't have read...I'm looking at you Goon and 100 Bullets

Back