DC Comics: Rebirth

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read DC: Rebirth #1, Detective Comics #934, Wonder Woman: Rebirth #1, and Batman: Rebirth #1.

I've got to say DC: Rebirth was the most enjoyable comic read in more than a decade, maybe even close to two decades. That was fantastic. I don't even know any of the events leading up to this and I've never read a Flash comic in my life and *I* damn near teared up at the culmination of the Wally/Barry situation. I'm an instant fan of Wally and realize that now I need to start collecting the new Titans series since he'll be in it.

Rebirth does seem to just be DC's version of "Heroes Return" that Marvel did in the 90's after their "Heroes Reborn" reboot failed. But that's fine, because DC is doing it *brilliantly.*

Also with regard to the "24 month plan" keep in mind that these titles are going to be released twice a month. So technically this Rebirth story will run a good 48 issues or so, not 24. We'll be getting four years worth of story in the span of two.

This whole universe just feels like comics they way they used to be and with Marvel perpetually being concerned with releasing nothing but Democratic Party Propaganda and using controversy for profit I don't know that I'll ever be returning to them. DC is where it's at! :rock

Haha well DC did just get in trouble on twitter for posting a trump-bashing pic that got everyone riled up (though it was mad mag). Marvel has really bit the societal guilt train. Not much of their stuff is that good honestly and I'm more of a marvel fan.

Superman's new costume.

It looks like DC is slowly going back to the OG suit, and why not? You can't improve on perfection, but I'm sure DC will continue to mess with the suit to sell more Sups merchandise.

RUIOwTO.jpg

The only thing I would change, the belt should be a bit lower and the belt buckle/center should be round, not a diamond shape like the chest emblem.

Yep I'm sold on the new Superman comics. Not too bad. Batman been decent. Haven't read the other titles as much.

So, when they announced the whole Dr. Manhattan crossing over with the DCU thing, that got my gears turning in all these different meta directions where Doctor Manhattan finds the Charlton characters to be the inspirations for their existence, and Superman with being the originator of the superhero archetype that all others either adopted or adapted to, and the idea that he could change the nature of his existence by altering the archetype, so to speak, but then it got me to thinking about Wonder Woman and the Fourth World and the idea of Gods, New and Old, in the DCU, and then I had to ask myself how many of them actually had the power of God, and it raised an interesting question: could Doctor Manhattan be God in the DCU? I actually think it would be a brilliant sort of paradox; God was created in man's own image on November 22, 1959, and one of those universes he decides to create is his own. He surprises himself once he realizes that his ideas were actually things he knew from the future would lead to the creation of life and humanity as it exists in the book.

No idea how that would tie into Rebirth. Though, it would be kind of cool to see Manhattan confront the likes of Darkseid and Zeus as the one "true" God, but I digress. This is the **** that I think about when it gets late.:lol

So, when they announced the whole Dr. Manhattan crossing over with the DCU thing, that got my gears turning in all these different meta directions where Doctor Manhattan finds the Charlton characters to be the inspirations for their existence, and Superman with being the originator of the superhero archetype that all others either adopted or adapted to, and the idea that he could change the nature of his existence by altering the archetype, so to speak, but then it got me to thinking about Wonder Woman and the Fourth World and the idea of Gods, New and Old, in the DCU, and then I had to ask myself how many of them actually had the power of God, and it raised an interesting question: could Doctor Manhattan be God in the DCU? I actually think it would be a brilliant sort of paradox; God was created in man's own image on November 22, 1959, and one of those universes he decides to create is his own. He surprises himself once he realizes that his ideas were actually things he knew from the future would lead to the creation of life and humanity as it exists in the book.

No idea how that would tie into Rebirth. Though, it would be kind of cool to see Manhattan confront the likes of Darkseid and Zeus as the one "true" God, but I digress. This is the **** that I think about when it gets late.:lol

That's the theory I heard a long time ago when Rebirth started...Dr. Manhattan created it while he was on the moon

The Button was excellent.

After all the build-up with Mr. Oz/Veidt it was good to see the story progress more. September 13 in AC #987 we're getting more. Hopefully confirmation that Ozymandias is working for Manhattan.

Rebirth has renewed interest in the comic book industry for me. Marvel, which is my favorite company, unfortunately has not.

Looking forward to seeing if the DC can continue its success.

Rebirth has renewed interest in the comic book industry for me. Marvel, which is my favorite company, unfortunately has not.

Looking forward to seeing if the DC can continue its success.

Same here. I'm still reading a handful of DC books and willing to see how Rebirth plays out. Marvel can go suck a lemon as far as I'm concerned. I dropped all of their books and I'm a far bigger Marvel fan than I am a DC fan. Marvel has just completely **** the bed and I'm not sure they'll ever recover from the PC BS they've been shoveling over the last few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back