DC Collectibles The Dark Knight Returns Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Co. say black (or charcoal gray, anyway.)

See the trailer for TDKR Pt.2

Last edited:
The cowl and cape are blue again when he armors up to fight Superman, however.

Bruce Timm, Alan Burnett and Co. say black (or charcoal gray, anyway.)

See the trailer for TDKR Pt.2

The statue obviously depicts Miller's artwork, not the cartoons, which has a black cape when hes fighting Superman,so your link contradicts you're own nitpicky crap to begin with. Keep trying, Google Professor :lecture

:lol :lol :lol

You kids should really do your research before you mock the authority.

Really? Should try to get out of the basement more, thats just asinine. You say yourself the colors are inconsistent, maybe you should channel your tears into some emails to the company explaining to them your reasons for the color changes. I'll reword my last part as you're obviously trying to bait me, I am sure you're proud of whatever badge your mom made you in photoshop that you believe makes you an authority, but I could give a crap less.

Last edited:
I love FM batman...any artist batman really! I love Batman!!!!!....i'm digging this statue....Price anyone????? :)

This looks quite good. I don't mind that the cape might or might not be the correct black or blue color. We should be glad they didn't give it the coloring like in the sequel, The Dark Knight Strikes Again. I'm still wondering what drugs Lynn Varley took when she did those books....

I love FM batman...any artist batman really! I love Batman!!!!!....i'm digging this statue....Price anyone????? :)

Been looking for awhile now. Its not even listed on their site yet, guessing its going to be while people decide they have to have it. :lol

1/6 th scale and March 2013 release if I read the card in front of it correctly, but its a little blurry.

Last edited:
Been looking for awhile now. Its not even listed on their site yet, guessing its going to be while people decide they have to have it. :lol

1/6 th scale and March 2012 release if I read the card in front of it correctly, but its a little blurry.

hmmm....Thanks....Then we shall wait to see....

I'm curious, what is with the sudden explosion in Miller TDKR product? It's not a bad thing at all, but is the animated movie really that big of an event for DC? There's this, the Koto, the Superman vs. Batman, and a new B&W on the way.

Animated film is beautiful. This story rocked my world when it was released in 1985-6. I was 15 and only knew Batman from the Superfriends.

Groundbreaking, even today.

Lots of folks excited by the films blu ray releaes.:peace

Gonna have this statue.

The statue obviously depicts Miller's artwork, not the cartoons, which has a black cape when hes fighting Superman,so your link contradicts you're own nitpicky crap to begin with. Keep trying, Google Professor :lecture

:lol :lol :lol

Really? Should try to get out of the basement more, thats just asinine. You say yourself the colors are inconsistent, maybe you should channel your tears into some emails to the company explaining to them your reasons for the color changes. I'll reword my last part as you're obviously trying to bait me, I am sure you're proud of whatever badge your mom made you in photoshop that you believe makes you an authority, but I could give a crap less.

Okay junior, let's take a trip back to the 1990's. Bill Paquet sculpts a TDKR statue for DC that Frank Miller personally designs and art directs. The Miller-approved colors of Batman's cape and cowl?

Black.

Maybe you should download the graphic novel from Comixology and see the clear difference in the way the costume is depicted pre- and post-Mutant Leader battle. There are images where Varley even paints the bat symbol on Batman's chest blue, so one image does not your argument make.

I tire of arguing with children.

Edit: The best argument for your side is not the interior art, but the cover for TDKR Book Two. So maybe it's really open to interpretation after all. I prefer the black, but if it's produced as shown, I'll live with it, adding it to a collection that I have been building for longer that most of the noobs on these boards have been alive.

Last edited:
Okay junior, let's take a trip back to the 1990's. Bill Paquet sculpts a TDKR statue for DC that Frank Miller personally designs and art directs. The Miller-approved colors of Batman's cape and cowl?

Black.

Maybe you should download the graphic novel from Comixology and see the clear difference in the way the costume is depicted pre- and post-Mutant Leader battle. There are images where Varley even paints the bat symbol on Batman's chest blue, so one image does not your argument make.

Edit: The best argument for your side is not the interior art, but the cover for TDKR Book Two. So maybe it's really open to interpretation after all.

Its open to interpretation like anything else, only a pathetic basement dweller like you thinks hes such an expert that he wastes his times googling "his facts" instead of just flipping open the comic and looking for himself. You said it the first time the colors are all over, most people with half a brain can see that for themselves, you're just too much of a crybaby to stop while you're ahead.

Get a life. :wave

Okay junior,
Edit: I prefer the black, but if it's produced as shown, I'll live with it, adding it to a collection that I have been building for longer that most of the noobs on these boards have been alive.

Apparently you're old, good for you. Does calling other collector's noobs validate your e-peen in some way? Kind of like the ego trip from being a "self professed" Batman expert. Please post your degree in that. :lol

[/B]

Apparently you're old, good for you. Does calling other collector's noobs validate your e-peen in some way? Kind of like the ego trip from being a "self professed" Batman expert. Please post your degree in that. :lol

Let's stop arguing, okay? I've tried to indicate that I see both sides of this argument, and wish to move on.

Works for me. Glad you're still happy enough with the piece that you want it regardless of colors. :duff

Yeah, I gotta have it. Black or blue, it's Miller Batman!

I know you busted my chops for being old, but younger fans can't imagine the thrill of picking these off the comic shop stands back in '86. The wait between book 3 and 4 was interminable. Such a gamechanger.

When Graphitti did the signed edition, I bribed a guy at the distributor (Heroes World) to get me a copy. This was back when comics came out on Friday, so I had to drive to Dover NJ late on a Thursday night to pick it up at the back door. Gave the guy another $50, plus the retail price of the book, and it was mine. :)

Did you get the new Koto piece? It's beautiful.

Last edited:
Back