DC Collectibles Batman v Superman, Suicide Squad and Man of Steel figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like this Armored Batman version the most, but the grenade launcher does seem suuuper small

Jay C has a review of the Armored Batman up on his channel now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was told by a Hong Kong distributor of DCC that BvS Wonder Woman has been cancelled

That's way better than the MAFEX and Mezco versions. It's a darn shame he probably won't sell well. Including the spear and/or a damaged mask with an Affleck sculpt underneath probably would've given this a push. Heck, even Superman looks (sort of) good.

I'll probably pick this up since I don't have either the MAFEX or Mezco versions.

DCC picked the absolute worst time to release this line, after the BvS hype had died and people already bought versions of these figures from other companies for around the same price.

Last edited:
That's way better than the MAFEX and Mezco versions.
:lol:lol:lol
>that cape
>button on tummy
>those awful looking import-wannabe joints with even less range of motion.
>that Mattel metallic dry brush
>better

I'm no Mafex fan, but even that one blows the DCC out of the water.

Man is DCC ****ing up with everything...

0004558160.jpg

Oh dammit Sadfleck, now you made me feel bad.

Don't listen to me, I'm bitter, buy it, enjoy it, have fun!

Thanks dood.

tumblr_o51tyyeIWv1vq9jp2o1_400.gif

I just like how he looks a bit massive compared to the other BvS Batman figures in that scale, and I like the proportions & that his eyes light up. I see more Affleck in his mouth than the others too for some reason.

I agree about the tummy button though. :lol

The lineup at 8:40 in this review is what made me officially prefer the DCC version, but they're all kool though.

Last edited:
The Mezco looks awful in that line up. I'm not a fan of the Mezco stuff at all.

I think this is definitely the best armoured figure in the smaller scales.

Thanks dood.

tumblr_o51tyyeIWv1vq9jp2o1_400.gif

I just like how he looks a bit massive compared to the other BvS Batman figures in that scale, and I like the proportions & that his eyes light up. I see more Affleck in his mouth than the others too for some reason.

I agree about the tummy button though. :lol

The lineup at 8:40 in this review is what made me officially prefer the DCC version, but they're all kool though.

I do like the look of the light up eyes, but I think their solution is very impractical.

Well its bigger because it isnt the same scale actually, mezco and mafex are 6" and DCC is 6.75"

:lol:lol:lol
>that cape
>button on tummy
>those awful looking import-wannabe joints with even less range of motion.
>that Mattel metallic dry brush
>better

I'm no Mafex fan, but even that one blows the DCC out of the water.

Man is DCC ****ing up with everything...

Yeah exactly no looking up movement WTF... Even mafex and mezco can do that...

I had originally cancelled all of my pre-order of the dc films line when they cancelled the MOS figures. Recently, I came across the MOS figure in my LCS and was surprised that they changed the ugly shoulder piece. I decided to buy the figure and see how it felt in my hands. Needless to say, after playing with the figure, I re-ordered the figures that I was most interested in from the DC film line.

As a collector on a limited budget, I have to try to narrow down the lines that fulfills my wants the most. Mezco is unbelievable. Looks great, the articulation is near perfect and the play factor is very high. If it weren't for such a high price value. It would be my final and ultimate source for 1/12 figures. There really is none to match it.

So why am I excited about the BVS Superman from DC films?

The articulation is slightly more better than Mezco. Just a few more degrees tighter in articulation and without the cloth hindrance it makes a big difference when posing the figure. Also, without the cloth, I'm not afraid or ripping it or putting too much stress and pull the cloth out of their placement. So that factor really adds bigtime to the playability of the figure. Although, the big drawback are the exposed joints. I wish it could be less visible but it is an aesthetic I am willing to bypass for the added articulation and play factor.

The price. Half the cost of Mezco, and that is a big thing. $80 for a figure is really expensive. If Mezco's figures were about $60, I would buy every figure they put out. Even at the beautiful quality of their figures, $80 is the highest I will go for a 1/12 figure and I think it will result in the demise of this line and product. At $40, it's twice as much as Marvel legends but the quality and articulation, If DC films maintains this level, is easily worth it. The accessories are enough to make it more fun to play and pose. And the price doesn't intimidate me from playing too much with the figure and be afraid of damaging it.

Sturdy. I've seen the Mafex reviews and always heard about the fragility of the joints and figure. This figure feels very well put together. Granted that the Mafex joints are better looking, these joints are firm, not ratcheted but holds poses well. And the wire in the cape is THE best I have ever felt, that includes HT wired capes. Whatever gauge of wire they are using on this figure, it has the perfect resistance to hold shape and easily straightened and controlled.

Scale. I saw a review from JayC where he lines them up with DC's tv figures; the scale is perfect. Perfect!! I definitely intend to line up my BVS DC Films with Atom, Supergirl, Flash, , Green Arrow, Hawkwoman and the rest of the crew.

In the end, I decided to acquire this line for the fun factor. The simple question: Will the fun factor make me forget about the price? Oh Heck, Yeah!!.

Doggone DCC with all of their doggone figures releasing in the same doggone month. :monkey2

I know there are a lot of mixed feelings about this guy, but personally, I love him. The biggest surprise for me was the wired cape, which I think is awesome. It can make for some pretty dynamic poses; very Batman-ish!

15622081_1265139753561115_1845930008264550491_n.jpg

15672631_1265139713561119_5992321481221024207_n.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the light-up eyes, but I think they're still cool; however, I don't like how his cheeks light up when you use them.

15698028_1265139676894456_6448905979707549602_n.jpg

Sorry for the grainy shots, I don't have the best camera.

Did anybody get Superman? I'm looking at two youtube videos and the sculpt looks like a near same mold of their cheaper movie masters line... tell me it isn't so.. lol

The body looks kinda awfully painted compared to the MAFEX which has more of a shimmer application to it.

Does any one know whether the BvS Wonder Woman would be out this month? I have sent PM to DC Collectibles and they replied that it might be released at the end of this month.

Does any one know whether the BvS Wonder Woman would be out this month? I have sent PM to DC Collectibles and they replied that it might be released at the end of this month.
well i doubt that, if it's not in the upcoming previews list then it not coming out this month.

I thought the wonder woman was cancelled
yes and no, yes it was cancelled but no not forever. in one of the DCC facebook unboxing videos kevin clarified that wonder woman along with lex, zod and others are on "hold" till they see how sales goes with the first two figures (armored batman and superman), if they are getting good results then they will bring them back. i think harley and others that were not cancelled are still coming but i'm not sure.

Back