Statue DC Bombshell line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ditch said, looks like it will be a hit or miss. Some more pics from SF.

Courtesy: Jazones

Got this beauty today, been a long wait.
it is awesome. The stockings are real fabric or nylon or whatever. A bit chunky at the join at the back but they look killer from the front. Sorry for the bad pics, mobile phone and a shaky hand.
Blackcanary2_zpsac2eaec9.jpg

sure, here you go:
closeupeyes_zps233f006f.jpg

Link: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=144799

Just looked back at the press shots for this (which of course made it look great) - that smudge above her stocking *is* meant to be the stocking top! Hopefully that looks better IRL, doesn't like it belongs to the fabric part at all :-/ Also looks like the production execution of the paint around the eyes leaves something to be desired, hmmm. Might be one that needs a bit or work once I've got it..

What ditch said, looks like it will be a hit or miss. Some more pics from SF.

Courtesy: Jazones

Link: https://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=144799

Looks like he got a good one.
Hopefully I can get one like that.

Just looked back at the press shots for this (which of course made it look great) - that smudge above her stocking *is* meant to be the stocking top! Hopefully that looks better IRL, doesn't like it belongs to the fabric part at all :-/ Also looks like the production execution of the paint around the eyes leaves something to be desired, hmmm. Might be one that needs a bit or work once I've got it..

I hadn't really noticed the smudge until you mentioned it, not great but it might be better in hand in different conditions.
I just hope yours comes in well, at least I get to check mine before I buy it, blind buying these statues now became a bit of an issue.

Fingers crossed for a good one for you buddy

Neil

In case anyone is interested, DC is doing a bombshell cover on some of their comics this month. I picked the Action Comics with Supergirl on it. They also had Earth 2 with Hawkgirl and GL with Carol Ferris

The big release is Harley Quinn #7 Bombshell variant thats next week and thats the one all my customers want.

Yeah it must be a real PITA to keep having to send these back.
Can't understand how they can come up with issues so often.

I quite like those prints myself but I just don't have anywhere to display them & it seems a waste to have them away all the time :(
Will you be getting the rest or just the Harley ones?

Neil

I have to see what the interest in Harley is like first because i have to import these.

The big release is Harley Quinn #7 Bombshell variant thats next week and thats the one all my customers want.

Yeah think her popularity is through the roof at the moment

I've got the whole set on order with my LCS

I have to see what the interest in Harley is like first because i have to import these.

I really like the Ivy one

Oh man, this series is starting to make me more nervous than excited.

I initially loved all of them but it seems that DC collectibles isn't doing a great job with some of the designs. I had to replace Supergirl twice, and Ivy once. I had some small issues with Batgirl and Harley, but I'd rather deal with it.

I may just stop with Mera unless the rest of the line is just as good. I hope Ant or DC will announce something at PHCC, but doubt it; probably saved til SDCC.

ON a different side note, I guess Hawkgirl will be the next in line as Ant announced a step process of her on his Facebook.

Man, I'm just nervous to get mine, hope it's good too :pray:

Mine is stuck in the courier non-delivery (read: pretended to deliver) hell which always seems to happen round here if an agent other than UPS or FedEx is involved :( On the plus side, this will make it the one & only time I order online from FP, now I know they don't use a decent courier :D Should have dropped Ditch a line (especially as I now find his shop's based not so far away from me)

Be interested to see if anyone else posts in here over the weekend, soon see if QC issues are widespread, and how far the production version has deviated from the prototypes. Definitely nothing positive from those who've posted on Statue Forum so far, which is lowering my expectations :(

Mine is stuck in the courier non-delivery (read: pretended to deliver) hell which always seems to happen round here if an agent other than UPS or FedEx is involved :( On the plus side, this will make it the one & only time I order online from FP, now I know they don't use a decent courier :D Should have dropped Ditch a line (especially as I now find his shop's based not so far away from me)

Be interested to see if anyone else posts in here over the weekend, soon see if QC issues are widespread, and how far the production version has deviated from the prototypes. Definitely nothing positive from those who've posted on Statue Forum so far, which is lowering my expectations :(

Sorry to hear yours was delayed today man

I have mine :)
She's perfect.
I'm on my phone at the mo so can't post pics but will get them up when I'm on the laptop but I'm really pleased with my one

Neil

Ah ok, that's good - that's the first positive I've heard so far (from an admittedly small sample)! How's the face sculpt seem IRL? I've seen comments that it looks very different to how it did on the proto, to the extent one commentor said it looked like it had changed.

Ah ok, that's good - that's the first positive I've heard so far (from an admittedly small sample)! How's the face sculpt seem IRL? I've seen comments that it looks very different to how it did on the proto, to the extent one commentor said it looked like it had changed.

Yeah I was really happy to get a good one.
Although in close inspection there is a little paint missing from the C on the Plaque & also it looks like a little rub on the back of her skirt.
Both aren't really issues for me but he did have one left in the cabinet so I'll pop back tomorrow to see how that one compares & will see if I can switch over if it's better

I'm not sure on the face to me it looks the same but you may notice some difference.

So here's my piccies...

Now I know some had moaned about the back of the fishnets but IMO it's not that bad at all & I'm happy with mine for the real feel

Quite like the little touch on the Tattoo for Oliver

Lastly a quick pic of my ladies together (minus Harley who is currently in storage)

Can't wait for more now

I also got my first 3 Bombshell covers today & they are ok.
Earth 2 is really weak in my honest opinion but I'm going for the set so need to have it.

Neil

Looking good dude. Hopefully mine's like that, and not from a batch similar to the ones Ditch got lumbered with.

Does look like any production version could do with a bit of touch up on the eye makeup, that's definitely not as good at the job on the proto (unsurprisingly, tho disappointingly). I'll have to see how brave I'm feeling once mine's turned up.

Thanks buddy.
Yeah I will admit I was really worried when Ditch popped up the pics & then a member on another forum said there was one in his LCS with a broken boot.
Thought we might have a run on bad QC for this one.

Hope you are braver than me...I'll just make do with the makeup, no way I have any skill to tackle a touch up job.

Thanks again for the comments & I hope yours turns up ok

Neil

She's arrived! Aaaand... no issues whatsoever! Very pleased with this one. In person the eye paint & makeup looks very good, better than I feared, tho I still might touch it up a little; similarly I may do bit of work on the stocking top and bra so those match the original artwork, but it's not like they need doing especially.

May do a little work to the roots of the hair and the rose too, give them a little depth.. we'll see. Here's a few photos anyway, in place next to a couple of boxsets..

BC1.jpg

BC2.jpg

BC3.jpg

BC4.jpg

I am quite disappointed in mine. Many, many, MANY issues :(

She had a pool of paint in between her breast that just looks awful, as for the hair, multiple blotches of paint on the figure and paint bubbles.

She has crackings on her breast making it look awful, and the biggest issue was that she had a hole (a actual hole) in her chest, and a chunk missing from her leg above the stocking.

I have never been more disappointed.

Sounds like that one's really been in the wars, chunks missing out of it is pretty extreme :( You sorting a replacement?

I just contacted about getting a replacement. I'm sure it will happen, the issue is that they go with shipping that takes nearly a week to receive and to send out. I was expecting smudges, which I wouldn't mind, but crackings and a hole? I sent them pictures too, hopefully I get a better expedited shipping offer.

It does sounds like something fairly atrocious happened during production for all those issues! I'm ashamed to say I'm almost entirely ignorant of how these things are produced, but can't be too much human involvement if something that buggered looking made it into a box.

Back