Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is this the entrance to the Imperial base on Endor? It sure looks like it :p

dawnapes_endor.jpg

It does. Gas Station 76 does look creepy though.:horror

If these monkeys don't talk, they're taking too long to make proper monkey movies.... It made sense to only have Caesar speak in "Rise," but this is 15 YEARS later. Plenty of time to get us to a proper monkey movie. I wonder how far into the future any potential sequels will be? If these movies are remakes of "Conquest" and "Battle," will they really feel the need to show us that Mars Mission in remakes of the original and "Beneath?" I sort of hope not....

Spoiler Spoiler:

If these monkeys don't talk, they're taking too long to make proper monkey movies.... It made sense to only have Caesar speak in "Rise," but this is 15 YEARS later. Plenty of time to get us to a proper monkey movie. I wonder how far into the future any potential sequels will be? If these movies are remakes of "Conquest" and "Battle," will they really feel the need to show us that Mars Mission in remakes of the original and "Beneath?" I sort of hope not....

Spoiler Spoiler:

I started LOLing when I read this. "If these DARN monkey, don't do SOMETHING awesome....' (Is how I read it in my head.)

I agree though. We need monkey speak! :lecture

Jurassic World is out in 2015.:wink1:

www.nooooooooooooooo.com :(

I definitely expect the rest of them to be able to converse. It sounds like Gary Oldman is expecting that as well when in the teaser he yells "I need to speak to Ceasar!"

Since they all have the drug in their DNA now, I'd imagine they have all flourished together, learning how to communicate. Similar to how the best way to learn a language is to be around it.

I get chills when Ceasar has that intense stare and gives the signal to attack and you just seen apes launch from their positions perfectly on cue. Holy ****. :clap

That moment will be epic! :yess:

The apes that were exposed to the lab canister stuff in the first film - easy to train.

The next bunch of tackers coming up through the ranks?

Caesar's going to be breaking out the phonics method for them. :lol

(..albeit the stuff is in their DNA by that point anyway..)

Spoiler Spoiler:

you want to see some monkey sex in this one!?

If they do indeed make this into a trilogy I think it will break down as:

Rise: Man > Ape
Dawn: Man vs. Ape
Part III: Ape > Man

you want to see some monkey sex in this one!?

:naughty:naughty:naughty

I heard one of the original ideas for a PotA sequel was to see a half human/half ape. I am so very happy they didn't go that route. It's one thing to see that in Star Trek. It's quite a different thing to think about that in terms of people and monkeys :monkey4

I wonder whether the apes will have spread out across the country or whether they will still be exclusive to Muir Woods?

As the virus spread and affected the world and weakened it (not just America!), wouldn't it be safe to presume that the virus spread to some Apes as well? Especially those in captivity. They could have staged similar breakouts all over the world.

The teaser makes it sound like humanity was fighting each other. Why? With the catastrophic death toll and fall of civilization, was it a mad rush for power? To take control? Only too late did they realize they needed to join together to fight the Apes instead? Hmm. Great teaser. Lots of possibilities but no clear direction yet.

As the virus spread and affected the world and weakened it (not just America!), wouldn't it be safe to presume that the virus spread to some Apes as well? Especially those in captivity. They could have staged similar breakouts all over the world.

The teaser makes it sound like humanity was fighting each other. Why? With the catastrophic death toll and fall of civilization, was it a mad rush for power? To take control? Only too late did they realize they needed to join together to fight the Apes instead? Hmm. Great teaser. Lots of possibilities but no clear direction yet.

So many questions. I guess we will have to wait and see. If the virus killed off humans and made apes smarter than it's bound to affect other animals too.

So, do the old PotA films refer to Ceasar at all? Like, do they revere him or salute him like how we do George Washington or Sir Isaac Newton?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but it's been ages since I've seen any of them. I am no expert.

In the first two movies he's only referred to as the lawgiver, sort of a distant Jesus Christ type figure.

In the third movie he is born and in the fourth and fifth and he is the leader, similiar to what we see beginning in the ROTPOTA

Last edited:
Ceasar is not the Lawgiver... Ceasar is a chimpanzee and the Lawgiver is an Orangutan. Orangutans are the keepers of the faith.

In "Escape from the Planet of the Apes" they referred to the first ape who spoke and he was a gorilla named Aldo.

In "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" Milo AKA Ceasar is the first ape who spoke.

We first meet Aldo in "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" and he was not a very nice ape.

As you can see they were fast and easy with plot details in the original films.

I loved the teaser....just the right stuff to spur interest and chatter.

Since ROTPOTA and presumably this new one are kind of re-working the old saga a bit, here's a "what if" to consider.....

What if there are some scientists left who are trying to figure out what it was in that AZ drug that made the apes so smart so fast experiment and tamper with it some more....humans take this new drug and...we end up with the telepathic, mind-bending mutants (mutated by drugs this time, not by nukes) we saw in BTPOTA...if done right, that could be cool....just a little "what if" speculation there for a little fun...

the events of "Escape" introduced a new "history"...

Ceasar is not the Lawgiver... Ceasar is a chimpanzee and the Lawgiver is an Orangutan. Orangutans are the keepers of the faith.

In "Escape from the Planet of the Apes" they referred to the first ape who spoke and he was a gorilla named Aldo.

In "Conquest of the Planet of the Apes" Milo AKA Ceasar is the first ape who spoke.

We first meet Aldo in "Battle for the Planet of the Apes" and he was not a very nice ape.

As you can see they were fast and easy with plot details in the original films.

Back