Darth Vader Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome to see this finally announced!
I developed all the soft parts for this project (leather suit, outer cape, inner robe, codpiece, gloves, cape chain). It's pretty sweet.
I think you guys will love it.

As cool as that is, I personally would be more excited of you had been involved with the sculpt. I'm a little worried now :lol.

As cool as that is, I personally would be more excited of you had been involved with the sculpt. I'm a little worried now :lol.

I was thinking the same thing. Soft parts are great and everything, but if the helmet isn't right this piece becomes worthless IMHO.

I was thinking the same thing. Soft parts are great and everything, but if the helmet isn't right this piece becomes worthless IMHO.

Yep..agree 100% with Vader the helmet shape is everything. To date no production Vader statue or figure has captured the correct look. The efx ANH helmet is amazing but it should be since it is out of the Rick Baker mold.

I think they could get by with asking $2500, but even that might be a stretch. If they charge $3k this thing will sell worse than the Maul LSF.

Yes I agree it will be 2500,00 to 2700.00 for sure. This will look awesome! But chances of me buying this is slim because of the price. I might get the big 34" toy vader at target now for 29.99 :(

Yes I agree it will be 2500,00 to 2700.00 for sure. This will look awesome! But chances of me buying this is slim because of the price. I might get the big 34" toy vader at target now for 29.99 :(

:lol :lol I actually saw that last weekend and considered buying it for such a great price....then my wife looked at me as if to say....'don't you think you've got enough at home' and so I had to put it back on the shelf :(

She has no idea what's still to come!!! :horror :thud: :mwaha

Can't see this going for under 2.5k, it's Vader and it'll be the size of Yoda, and he's over 2, so 2.5k ain't that crazy.

spaceballs-what.gif

Actually Target is clearing them out now. I bought one last week and a 31" Clone Shocktrooper for $14.98 each!

I don't buy those toys much anymore at all, but how could you not buy them at that price?

Huh? Obi-Wan hasn't even been put up for pre order yet.

Either way I'm disappointed but not surprised by this. Making the same five characters in every format is so boring. I already have a large scale vader, give me something different. How about a character you haven't done in any form for a lsf? Mace Windu maybe?

Come on sideshow.

I couldn't see Sideshow selling 10 Windu's at 2k a pop :lol
Not saying there's anything wrong with wanting or liking other characters, but LSF is pretty much for the iconic characters due to high price and niche market I'm guessing. Hope you get what you want in the line tho SwiftC :)

I couldn't see Sideshow selling 10 Windu's at 2k a pop :lol
Not saying there's anything wrong with wanting or liking other characters, but LSF is pretty much for the iconic characters due to high price and niche market I'm guessing. Hope you get what you want in the line tho SwiftC :)

Mace was just one idea since he's a main character in the films. An alien in that scale would actually be even better. Like a Shaak Ti (Not half naked) or Kit Fisto or Thrawn (Not that they're aloud to do it) although I'd prefer one of the jedi for the giant light up sabers.

You're right the large scale stuff is mainly for the big characters but I would like them to try something fun and different just once. Maybe not a majority of people would like a statue of a background or EU character. But it might be a dream piece for a lot of fans who like that lesser known character. Plus by doing a character like a good background jedi character fleshed out in the EU they are hitting a niche because no other collectible company's are going to ever do a large scale statue of the character so if somebody wants that character they will HAVE to buy sideshow's statue.

So I think a legendary scale statue of a character like Mace Windu would sell enough to make a decent profit and it might be fun for the artists to do something new and exciting rather than the same characters they've done a thousand times. Especially with so many great characters in the Star Wars universe that have fans that haven't been put into a high end statue. That's why there are premium formats of Asajj Ventress, Aayla Secura, and others. And some small characters in scales as large as life size busts (Asajj again actually). So I think ONE legendary scale statue of a non OT fanboy pleasing character wouldn't be too out of line. :)

My dream would be an Asajj Ventress legendary scale figure (Original version obviously a la the PF) personally but that's just me. There's hundreds and hundred of other characters that could be somebody else's dream piece.

I like the bounty hunters from the OT but I can't even get those in PF. I guess we'll see the LSF line is only young

Huh? Obi-Wan hasn't even been put up for pre order yet.

Either way I'm disappointed but not surprised by this. Making the same five characters in every format is so boring. I already have a large scale vader, give me something different. How about a character you haven't done in any form for a lsf? Mace Windu maybe?

Come on sideshow.

He may not be for you, but Vader IS Star Wars for a lot of people, myself included. If any character in the SW universe deserves a LSF statue it's Vader, plain and simple.

Of course Vader IS star wars, but we already have him in so many large scales. Just wanted something different. I've already got vader in life size. Give me some new characters!

I'm building a screen accurate 1:1 Vader as well, but if the LSF looks good I won't be able to resist it. A piece like this is perfect for people who think 1/4 is too small, but don't have space for life-size pieces.

Back