Darth Maul Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
when I asked abiut them I was told that what we see there is what we will get , only that they were supose to work on mauls saber and boots as they were too big and thick

when I asked abiut them I was told that what we see there is what we will get , only that they were supose to work on mauls saber and boots as they were too big and thick

Really they are going to fix the size issue with the saber?

I love when people get pissed about the price of something like these mega huge epic statues. Of course you can buy 10 hot toys figures with that money. But some people don't want 10 figures or 4 pf's. They want one big ass mega super jaw dropping center piece that makes people go :panic::bow when they see it! It's all about priorities and what you want. For example, I chose the Neytiri maquette as my one premier avatar collectible. Sure the sideshow statues is cheaper, but it's smaller and is not the best in detail. And the Jake Hot Toys, well I just don't care much for jointed action figures, so hence, I am spending the 1600+ for Neytiri, and call it a day with avatar stuff.

I love when people get pissed about the price of something like these mega huge epic statues. Of course you can buy 10 hot toys figures with that money. But some people don't want 10 figures or 4 pf's. They want one big ass mega super jaw dropping center piece that makes people go :panic::bow when they see it! It's all about priorities and what you want. For example, I chose the Neytiri maquette as my one premier avatar collectible. Sure the sideshow statues is cheaper, but it's smaller and is not the best in detail. And the Jake Hot Toys, well I just don't care much for jointed action figures, so hence, I am spending the 1600+ for Neytiri, and call it a day with avatar stuff.

:lecture

Yeah I agree with you there. I want one of these huge pieces for that same reason. The awe factor. I think everyone if they have the space to should try to atleast get one in there collection.

F@ck the clutter.

Really they are going to fix the size issue with the saber?

yes that is what Scott from sideshow told me after I told him about the size of saber and shoe were too big , I hope they do , but you never know , he said that the reason for the saber was they didn't have a thinner light up tubeing so they had to make the saber thick for it to fit . but wait I just thought of something obi does not have a thick saber what's up with that ,?

Guess I'll have to wait and see for the preorder to see if they bother to fix the paint around the horns.

:lecture

Yeah I agree with you there. I want one of these huge pieces for that same reason. The awe factor. I think everyone if they have the space to should try to atleast get one in there collection.

F@ck the clutter.

yep... this will be mine!!!

I was thinking the same thing... out of all the things I want (Hot Toy Figs) Cancelling them for this makes a lot of sense.... for my collection.

i believe one really needs to see these Legendary Scale creations in person to be able to truly appreciate them. Darth Maul's costume (boots and gloves included) appeared to have been perfectly recreated with the upmost of exacting standards. i was floored. every detail, including the character's essence was there...

again, let's hope the production run can match the protos.

Nice, he sounds awesome!

I like the bulky lightsaber and boots, it gives him style. I like to see these statues as an artists interpretation, rather than replicas. IMO

yes that is what Scott from sideshow told me after I told him about the size of saber and shoe were too big , I hope they do , but you never know , he said that the reason for the saber was they didn't have a thinner light up tubeing so they had to make the saber thick for it to fit . but wait I just thought of something obi does not have a thick saber what's up with that ,?

That sounds sweet :yess: although the boots don't bother me as much as the paint around the horns and saber do. Obi's saber is a single bladed one would be my guess for the reason of it looking fine. Maul’s might be a standalone unit instead of running wires though it. It definitely looks big enough.

i feel the same way... i love seeing the artists point of view.

I'm glad someone agrees. That's why i was looking forward to the Star Wars maquette line they announced forever ago. They were supposed to be very creative takes on different characters. But who knows what happened to those... I wouldn't change anything about LS Maul.

ive made up my mind , just sold my Maul PFs and some other PFs and im getting this one for sure . this piece is just too amazing to pass. :)

Back